You better stop
Children, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Honestly… good.

I imagine he’s a great dude with ambition to play, but it’s time we move on from the rest of the players we simply don’t need.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
but it’s time we move on from the rest of the players we simply don’t need.

Yzerman going around touching players like

This-one-does-not-spark-joy..png

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
That's 3 first round picks Detroit has moved on from this year.

Big oof.

I wont lie I was a proponent of Holland trading Dats’ contract and getting Cholowski, but man his 1RP have been awful. I hoped Svech could’ve make a comeback, but I imagine he’s one of those glass-bodies that cannot stay healthy.

Let’s all hope Stevies’ picks are all way better.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
With the flat cap, there have to be better scoring options than Svech on the market. Do we think he is going to be given that opportunity on a top team?

Should get a contract offer to come try out, at the very least, and potentially earn a job.
He was better than 1/2 the wings forwards we used last year.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Best of luck to him. I was a fan for a long time, but his presence in the org had been awkward for some time. Assuming he tries to hang around NA for a while, but gotta imagine he heads back to the KHL sooner or later.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
He should sign that two-way deal and prove himself.
But, also be given the chance if he does well and not bounce on the bottom six to earn something higher up.

Either he earns a top six/top 9 (if 3rd line is not a grind line) or he stays in Grand Rapids.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Edmonton makes a lot of sense. If he can learn to hoover up trash he might be a solid fit next to Draisaitl or as a cheap 3rd line scorer. Plus we all know Ken Holland is licking his chops to bring him back after hearing that he's not being qualified.

I like Svech as a third liner, 2nd PP guy, who plays a pretty good board game and netfront game and cycle game.
In transition, he doesn't help a ton. But even this game is underrated because he's so good at chip passing while stationary to the guy skating by.
I still see a 15-15-30 guy if you play the guy 12-13 minutes a night.

I hope he's healthy if he gets a tryout.

Double Svech's minutes last year. Double his production.
6-8-14 in 496 minutes.
Bobby Ryan was 7-7-14 in 506 minutes.

Nothing to write home about. But maybe something to build on.
Oh well.

Next up, Smith, Berggren and Raymond.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That's 3 first round picks Detroit has moved on from this year.

Ok. So that shows in the past we made bad first round picks. We've had a decade to realize that Holland hasn't been any good at drafting. It doesn't make it the wrong idea to move on from them.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Its sad that some were pulling for him to fail just because Holland drafted him, I really wanted him to turn into a sold top 9 winger, but he really doesnt seem like he is going to be anything more then a below average bottom 6 guy that you can find in free agency for cheap.

I hope he signs the 2 way deal, if not I wish him the best and hope he turns his career around.

Didn't Yzerman do the same thing with Erne last year?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Its sad that some were pulling for him to fail just because Holland drafted him, I really wanted him to turn into a sold top 9 winger, but he really doesnt seem like he is going to be anything more then a below average bottom 6 guy that you can find in free agency for cheap.

I hope he signs the 2 way deal, if not I wish him the best and hope he turns his career around.

Didn't Yzerman do the same thing with Erne last year?

Who is pulling for him to fail?

No, I can't speak for anyone else... but I don't want any player to just be gifted ice time that he hasn't deserved just because he was drafted high. Svechnikov couldn't stay healthy. And when he did play, he was... okay?

There is a reason why he passed through waivers twice. Calling a spade a spade doesn't mean you're hoping that the kid will fail.

Man, I hope he signs elsewhere and makes a good career for himself. He seems like a good guy. But I don't think we should just keep tossing "good guys" out there in minutes that aren't justified.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He is just another Frk or Nestrasil in the pipeline of Frks and Nestrasils.

Hope he will get a year at Carolina with his brother. That would be special for them. Then goes to Russia to get his money.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Who is pulling for him to fail?

No, I can't speak for anyone else... but I don't want any player to just be gifted ice time that he hasn't deserved just because he was drafted high. Svechnikov couldn't stay healthy. And when he did play, he was... okay?

There is a reason why he passed through waivers twice. Calling a spade a spade doesn't mean you're hoping that the kid will fail.

Man, I hope he signs elsewhere and makes a good career for himself. He seems like a good guy. But I don't think we should just keep tossing "good guys" out there in minutes that aren't justified.

Sounds like you are taking my post personally, I never directed it at you. To be honest, I have zero clue what your perspective towards him is. Its directed at people that flat out say that they are happy when Holland picks flame out. Just look at the Chowolski thread to see who I'm talking about.

As for the rest, I dont disagree with any of it. Like I said, I'd like to see him brought back on a 2 way contract, but I dont think he "deserves" anything either. Wanting to see someone succeed is different then saying someone is owed something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad