TV: Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Thank god Hannah didn't win, horrendous player. Was fine with David/Adam/Jay winning. Overall great season. Would like to see David and Jay return.

Excited for next season with the likes of Tony, Cirie, Varner, etc. Hopefully, Sandra is booted early can't stand her.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I think there was another point where Adam was starting to turn the jury towards him (other than his speech about his mom), is when Hannah was trying to talk about her moves and why she voted of Bret before David. Adam said "You let David get one immunity win away from 1 million dollars). You saw a lot of the jury nodding in agreement.

Adam had a good, albeit risky strategy in the final challenge since there was a time-limit to it. It means you didn't have to go all out to get all 13 on. He saw how unstable the stacks were getting to decided to hold off. It didn't pay off but I still think it was a valid strategy to use.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I think there was another point where Adam was starting to turn the jury towards him (other than his speech about his mom), is when Hannah was trying to talk about her moves and why she voted of Bret before David. Adam said "You let David get one immunity win away from 1 million dollars). You saw a lot of the jury nodding in agreement.

Adam had a good, albeit risky strategy in the final challenge since there was a time-limit to it. It means you didn't have to go all out to get all 13 on. He saw how unstable the stacks were getting to decided to hold off. It didn't pay off but I still think it was a valid strategy to use.

He also said his only goal was to stay ahead of David so he couldnt win.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
She plays the game though. Unlike everyone else.

After she has put herself in a terrible spot. She then loudly complains that no one wants to make a "big move" that would save her and ruin their own game.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
That was a really good finale. Fake hidden immunity trick, wildcard move on the Bret vote, a really good/tense final immunity challenge, and a surprising final 4 vote (although it was surprising because it was not surprising, if you know what I mean). What an emotional final tribal/reunion with what happened with Adam though. Hard to imagine anyone didn't tear up with that story of going back to see his mom in her final hour.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
After she has put herself in a terrible spot. She then loudly complains that no one wants to make a "big move" that would save her and ruin their own game.

Then she will openly mock better players when being saved by an immunity idol lol ugh she is as annoying as Shirin

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Yeah, anyone who was thinking about voting Hannah probably realized she shouldn't win when he brought that up.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere

She's the worst. Drove me mad. Ended up on the wrong side of th numbers and would just whine about it. Everyone is playing, you're just not as good at it.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Yeah, anyone who was thinking about voting Hannah probably realized she shouldn't win when he brought that up.

The only 2 players Hannah had a chance at beating in a final 3 were probably Bret and Sunday and she was the one who made the call to eliminate them before the big threats. She was very horrendous in that regard but till final 3 finish as a goat good for her.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
The only 2 players Hannah had a chance at beating in a final 3 were probably Bret and Sunday and she was the one who made the call to eliminate them before the big threats. She was very horrendous in that regard but till final 3 finish as a goat good for her.

I've never see anyone so determined to be the person dragged to final three. She passed up chances to eliminate clear favorites in order to vote out the weaker players who would threaten her position at the bottom. It was weird.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

Exactly. Her playing the game was an illusion. Ya. Start whining and complaining that nobody is playing when you're going to get booted and acting like a brat.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I dunno if Hannah can be discredited as much as she has been in this thread. But damn, I didn't really like Adam as a player, but when he ran to hug his dad and brother. :cry:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
People saying Ken and Hannah were was dumb...umm Adam was just as dumb throughout the show telling everyone his idols. The whole thing backfired on him right at the end when they switch the vote from voting him to voting out his ally.

Adam was just as bad as the other 2 to win it. If Ken could talk at all and sell himself he would have won but he was just too awkward and I don't think really made any friends on the island (which they didnt do a good job showing on TV).

In the end I'm glad Adam won because of his Mother. Sad story.

As for the the new season, there is A LOT of good returnee's..I'm pumped. Though a bit pissed this season is starting 3-4 weeks later than the Winter/Spring season usually starts.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I hate returning player Survivors. I thought this season was decent though.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
But damn, Survivor, exploitation of Adam's situation.

Finding an idol on day 37(?) really makes me think that production played this onto Adam's hands in order to get to exploit this sad situation. Left a somewhat sour taste from an othewise excellent season.

Nothing against Adam, he played a good game. From that final three, was undoubtedly the deserving winner. He did make a couple of blunders though. Couldn't keep his mouth shut, got into trouble a couple of times because of it.

Next season sounds pretty interesting. A couple of good castings, a couple that annoys me to no end. It would be a miracle if Sandra made it further than a couple of tribals.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Please get Sandra out early. Can't stand the *****.

David deserved to win. Adam had the sob story which secured it for him, but he did not play the best game out of those three. I think Ken actually deserved to win.

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
Please get Sandra out early. Can't stand the *****.

David deserved to win. Adam had the sob story which secured it for him, but he did not play the best game out of those three. I think Ken actually deserved to win.

Sob story or not, Adam was winning regardless.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Sob story or not, Adam was winning regardless.

Maybe. I don't think people really understood Ken, but he played the best game out of those three imo. David played the best game of the entire season easily, but Ken played the old school way which I respect. He formed a trust trio and adapted it. I respected his game. Adam didn't use his idols very smartly and often ended up on the wrong side of the vote.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
People saying Ken and Hannah were was dumb...umm Adam was just as dumb throughout the show telling everyone his idols. The whole thing backfired on him right at the end when they switch the vote from voting him to voting out his ally.

Adam was just as bad as the other 2 to win it. If Ken could talk at all and sell himself he would have won but he was just too awkward and I don't think really made any friends on the island (which they didnt do a good job showing on TV).

In the end I'm glad Adam won because of his Mother. Sad story.

As for the the new season, there is A LOT of good returnee's..I'm pumped. Though a bit pissed this season is starting 3-4 weeks later than the Winter/Spring season usually starts.

I don't think anyone is arguing Adam played the best game. I think that belongs to David hands down the fact he lasted till final 4 is unreal. He kept deflecting the attention on other players and somehow people bought it. The fact David was one immunity away from winning 1 million is insane lol.

Adam literally have to put his foot down and say NO we are voting out Jay now then David next tribal while Hannah was like well I don't know Bret has friends on the jury ya know.

Ken I think big blunder cost him spilling the beans about the will flip that was just so bad. The fact he was just so stoned hippy talking strats at the camp I think sold it he would never win in a newer season of survivor maybe back on season 1.

Adam was winning no matter what even with the Mom story out of those 3 options he identified his threats made tons of blunder as well trusting a flip flopper in Hannah but also knew she was a great goat to sit beside for final 3.

I was rooting for Jay then David but glad they got it right in the jury and Adam won.

Happy Zeke is coming back next season I really enjoyed him as a character.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
My reasoning for thinking Ken didn't deserve to win is because he didn't form any relationships outside of David, Hannah and Jessica (Adam sort of here to). So in the entire game, he built bonds with 4 people, and 2 of them were sitting in the final 3 with him. You NEED to have allies on the jury to stand a chance at winning in today's game. He didn't get along well with Chris + Bret + Sunday, he never tried build relationships with Michelle, Jay, Taylor and Zeke. He started to build a relationship with Will, but then he blew it within 5 minutes. Will had a confessional on or just before his boot episode where he talked about how Ken was a hypocrite and didn't follow his own morals, just ripping Ken apart. I get the feeling that a lot of the jury had a similar opinion of Ken. Not to mention Ken kept preaching a game of loyalty, and then he votes out David, his closest ally in the game. It just wasn't a winning strategy in today's game.

Hannah was largely the same as Ken. She seemed to isolate herself from a lot of the jury. She would play both sides, but that was often times through extensions of someone else, like Zeke, rather than building the bonds with everyone. I thought Hannah gave an admirable final tribal council though, better than I was anticipating. It just didn't show up with any votes.

A reason someone like Bret was seen as a threat and HAD to go was because everyone liked him, he had a bit of a bond with everyone. He had Chris + Sunday on the jury and he had a good relationship with Zeke. That alone is a strong probability of 3 votes.

Adam didn't have as strong of bonds as someone like Bret imo, but he did have Jay and all the other people that he would try to build bonds with even if he shot himself in the foot occasionally. Adam played the best modern game of those in the final 3.

Bit of a side note, but I'd be feeling really down if I was Ken. Voted out his closest ally to have his best chance of winning. His best still didn't even get him a single vote. He basically prevented his friend from winning a million dollars (assuming David wins the fire making challenge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia