TV: Survivor: Island of the Idols - Discussion Thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I have to say that after 35 days, I don't think I've seen any two people look better than when they arrived than Tommy and Dean. They look like they've been allowed to groom themselves the whole time.

Anyway.....I think everyone left other than Noura have been good strategically, and she's been great physically.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm not sure, maybe he *********ed or something, it does seem weird and not explained very well by CBS.
I would think like an inappropriate comment to one of the Survivor crew. They said "another incident" and that it didn't involve any players so probably it. I wouldn't think he'd be brazen enough to grope someone but this guy is an absolute creep so who knows. Such a weird dynamic to see his son out there as well.

Excellent episode by Dean, and the Dan situation saves him from pulling something crazy with that fake legacy advantage haha.

Reactions: hoglund

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Varner apparently went off on CBS for having a pre-taped reunion, saying the reason was that the cast wasn't happy with Dan being dismissed from the show and were going to voice their opinions, which CBS didn't want. This is Varner after all though, the guy that was disgraced through the Zeke incident.

‘Survivor’ Alum Jeff Varner Calls Out CBS for Pre-Taped Reunion Show

What a shitshow of a season, CBS can't wait til that all-winners season I bet

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Searching around the inter webs it looks like he touched a female production members leg after the immunity challenge. It wasn't caught on tape as it was while they were getting into the boat. He claims it was accidental and he was loosing his balance, but the producers didn't believe him.

Also I'm not sure Jeff Varner is a reputable source though and I do see you acknowledge that.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Notice how they never have any food challenges or you see them cooking? Pretty sure there's a buffet of food and all the amenities except shelter out of site of the cameras.

It's a fake drama show now.

Reactions: Avalanche

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Notice how they never have any food challenges or you see them cooking? Pretty sure there's a buffet of food and all the amenities except shelter out of site of the cameras.

It's a fake drama show now.

They literally did an eat or play reward a couple episodes ago. The loved one visits is also a food reward. They had rewards all through out the season. If you watched the ponderosa videos, the jury’s weight loss has been just as significant as past seasons.

What a silly theory.

By all accounts, they get more rice than they’ve gotten in the past in the most recent seasons, but that’s as far as it goes

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Easily the worst season ever. Tommy will be such a boring winner.

Kellee ruining everyone's game by giving Dean that idol.
It really is a bad season. I'm sure CBS will revisit how they cast the show because there are very few "good" players this season and none of them are entertaining even. Really boring overall. When someone like Tommy or Lauren think they are boss at Survivor you know it's a bad cast.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This impeachment hearing going into survivor so CBS doesn't air survivor on time or at all is the perfect ending that this season needs. Luckily I have another channel airing it assuming CBS lets it start on time elsewhere

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
and I guess CBS is not letting it air elsewhere either. Glad I can watch this one live and didn't have to PVR it.

edit: and now it is, weird

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Dean's been really impressive since last episode. Seems like he's kicking it into high gear after slowplaying. Problem is I wonder how he's going to convince people on the jury

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Probably just the survivors' families and CBS employees or something. Maybe sprinkle in some past alums and have NDAs all around.
I'm really curious to see if they address the Dan thing at all, or just never mention it. I feel like they have to mention it, even if they heavily edit it.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I'm really curious to see if they address the Dan thing at all, or just never mention it. I feel like they have to mention it, even if they heavily edit it.

From what I heard Elizabeth isn't going to the reunion because of the whole gaslighting thing and Jack isn't going either because they're dating now. I can't imagine they could ignore 3 people not being there.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
From what I heard Elizabeth isn't going to the reunion because of the whole gaslighting thing and Jack isn't going either because they're dating now. I can't imagine they could ignore 3 people not being there.
Yeah, that's a lot, will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Anyone know when is Dean's immunity idol good for? Final 5 or 4?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Yeah, that's a lot, will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Anyone know when is Dean's immunity idol good for? Final 5 or 4?

Has there been any indication there won't be fire at 4? Final 5 has been the last vote since HvHvH.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Easily the worst season ever.

Not even gunna watch the rest of the finale because I really don't care about anyone left and it's been obvious for weeks that Tommy is winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad