TV: Survivor: Game Changers (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Show is starting to get old with me. Never seems like the person who was best with the actual challenges wins. Seems like that happens every season.

They need to mix this up. Always seems like boring/weak/uncompelling people hang around for too long, and the actual exciting players whether annoying/endearing go home early.
Because that's not all the game is about.

Glad Sarah won and not Brad. I know Tai is an idiot but the way Brad treated him towards the end was a bit much for me, even though it's a game. It's one thing to be manipulative but he was just an ******* towards Tai. He makes himself out to be such a great guy but you can tell that that's likely how he treats some people in real life. And taking Sarah to the end because Tai "backstabbed him too much" was stupid, and cost him the game. Brad just seems totally arrogant.

I didn't really like Sarah through most of the game but she won me over towards the end. She made a number of really great moves and deserved to win. Good call bringing up the hidden advantage she found at the challenge, too.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Can't stand Sarah. One of worst winners yet imo.

Biggest reason to get rid of women at the end if there's a lot of women on the jury. Always swings their way. Brad deserves to lose for not seeing that

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Biggest reason to get rid of women at the end if there's a lot of women on the jury. Always swings their way. Brad deserves to lose for not seeing that
There are far worse winners than her. And Brad deserved to lose because he was being petty towards Tai and wanted to punish him for "backstabbing" him (but in reality Tai just didn't give in to his intimidation) and decided to let Sarah come to the final 3. Brad would have won because he would have beat Tai, not because there would have been no women in the final 3.

EDIT: And besides, Ozzy was the only man that voted for Brad, no?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
There are far worse winners than her. And Brad deserved to lose because he was being petty towards Tai and wanted to punish him for "backstabbing" him (but in reality Tai just didn't give in to his intimidation) and decided to let Sarah come to the final 3. Brad would have won because he would have beat Tai, not because there would have been no women in the final 3.
Brad tried what he could to manipulate Tai. Clearly being his friend doesn't work cuz he flips every season he's in. And then plays victim. It's not like if he'd won I'd have said he's a good winner.

There are worse, but she's one of the worst.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Brad tried what he could to manipulate Tai. Clearly being his friend doesn't work cuz he flips every season he's in. And then plays victim. It's not like if he'd won I'd have said he's a good winner.

There are worse, but she's one of the worst.
I mean let's call it like it is. He was trying to coerce him and came off like a gigantic *******.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Nice to see two contestants left that both could of won based on different strengths. Sarah made some great moves though in the game. Was hoping she would get the votes.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

:laugh: what?
that's like saying, the biggest reason to get rid of the men in the end if there's a lot of men on the jury, always swings their way. Sarah didn't win because of a female heavy jury. Sarah won because she played really well (even though I didn't like all the flipping/flopping). I think for except one vote (and I could be wrong on this) - she was responsible for every single booted player. Brad was always blind-sided.

The reason why Brad had to win all the challenges because his "social game" was non-existent. When 3 people call you out on it - (Halli: was being condescending a part of your game plan, Tai: are you even aware how you talk to people, and Michala "You claim you have a strong social game can you even tell me what you know about me) and Brad couldn't answer Tai properly, basically read Michalea's intro-sheet and just went "no." to Hali. if that was reverse and Sarah answered the same way - Sarah would have deserved to lose.

Women have won this game with a mostly male jury, and Men have won with a mostly Female jury. Jury management is a key part (and i feel often ignored part) of people's game and that's how it's cost people sure victories, such as Amanda , Russell (twice), Rob (the first time) and that's off the top of my head.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
good season, thought Brad was winning the jury over earlier and then things seemed side with Sarah mid to late final tribal council.

I really liked the new format for the final tribal council. It was well done then the simple everyone comes up and asks a lame question like "what would you do with the million dollars?"

Im curious about the new season in probably September. I'm glad they bring in new people though, not the same guys that have played 3-5 times.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Sarah deserved to win. But I find her thoroughly annoying. Her nonsensical diatribes against Tony made her unlikable in her first season. Her moral superiority irritates me. And that nasal voice of hers doesn't help either...But she was the best player this season.

I thought we were going to get a bitter jury. In fact, we probably would have if Brad wasn't so unlikeable himself. Brad's ego cost him the game. He could have taken advantage of the bitter jury if it weren't for his ego and poor behaviour. And Jeff was right to point out his costly mistake by voting out Tai instead of Sarah. That is one of the dumbest moves this season. Tai had no chance, whatsoever. The guy can barely string 2 words together.

I feel bad for Tai, though. The guy possess nearly every attribute to win the game, except for the outwit part. lol.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Sarah was a great winner, people seem to have issues every single year...

Varner still managed to look like an idiot at the reunion. He started fine but then tried to put the focus on himself. Can't believe he tried to promote his own book at the end.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Good season. I would have been happy with either Brad or Sarah winning.

Tai seems like a good guy, but for the love of God he's gotta be the worst player in the history of survivor. Please never bring this guy back.

Also, I was shocked how much Debbie was rooting for Brad in the end.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So... why did Tai use an idol on Aubry at that Tribal council only to vote her out next?Maybe you could argue he wanted to keep her as a shield for next vote, but that doesn't make sense considering he could have just used idols at both tribal councils and guaranteed himself going down to 4.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
So... why did Tai use an idol on Aubry at that Tribal council only to vote her out next?Maybe you could argue he wanted to keep her as a shield for next vote, but that doesn't make sense considering he could have just used idols at both tribal councils and guaranteed himself going down to 4.

No point trying to understand why Tai does the things he does lol.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Because Brad, Troy, and Sarah were a tight 3 and he didn't want to be at their mercy at the final 4. If he could have kept Cirie and Aubry then they would have controlled the next two votes.

I think Fishbach made a good point about the new jury format that could lead to more switched votes at FTC. He says under the old format a lot of jurors didn't really listen to eachothers questions because they were too busy going over their own questions in their head, or thinking about how it went after they did it. This format will be more engaging and could lead to different votes. The one thing I don't like about it is it could prop up weaker finalists that have persuasive friends on the jury. I like it overall though.

The most puzzling thing of the night was when Ozzy said he would vote for Tai during the reunion. After his big speech about how Brad was finally accomplishing what Ozzy had been trying to do for 10 years, no one knows how hard it is to win challenges, and Sarah shouldn't win because she flipped, I have no clue in what world he could justify voting for Tai over Brad. I loved Ozzy the first time around but he has become very tiring since then, I hope this was his last time out there.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Based on the final tribal and the live show..

Aubrey sans glasses >>>>>>>>>> Aubrey with glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad