TV: Survivor: Game Changers (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I can just picture it already a final 3 of Tai, Caleb and Sandra

Jury votes follow as

Ciera votes Sandra
Sierra votes Sandra
Debbie votes Sandra
Hali votes Sandra
Aubry votes Sandra

the rest of the votes spilt between Tai and Caleb hahahahah

If those 8 all make it that far the season will have been deaply disappointing.

If Sandra makes it to the end she wins though.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Sandra is a 2 time winner. Proven to be the all time best player. Why would we be shocked to see her go through???

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Sandra is a 2 time winner. Proven to be the all time best player. Why would we be shocked to see her go through???

The two time winner thing and being horrible at challenges will make it tough for her in the pre-merge. It will be especially bad if they go second chances style and go to 3 tribes of 6 at 18, not much room for a challenge dud to hide in tribes of 6. If she makes it to the merge though...

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Votes for Sandra to win were more votes against her opponents.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal

Honestly, I think you're using flawed logic. Even if she won twice, you can't base a survivor's game completely on results. If she only played once, we would all be saying she's an average winner, in the Sophie, Tina, Michelle tier.

No one would have ever said after her first time playing that she was the best ever,
so when people say she's the best, it's only because she won a 2nd time.

But if I had to pick survivors better than her, I'd easily have Kim, Tony, Parvati & Rob.

Winning is one thing, but it's not like she dominated heroes vs villains. What if Russell decided to eliminate her instead of Courtney ? She goes out pre-merge and no one talks about her.

You can't pick the best survivor player based entirely on results.
Someone like Kim wasn't in danger at any time in the game, not once.
He's less popular, but it's the same for Yul.

I'd really like to hear your argument for Sandra > Kim.

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I was to young to remember her first win, and I wasn't watching at the time of her second. But if she makes it past the merge, I'm pretty impressed.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Honestly, I think you're using flawed logic. Even if she won twice, you can't base a survivor's game completely on results. If she only played once, we would all be saying she's an average winner, in the Sophie, Tina, Michelle tier.

No one would have ever said after her first time playing that she was the best ever,

But if I had to pick survivors better than her, I'd easily have Kim, Tony, Parvati & Rob.

Winning is one thing, but it's not like she dominated heroes vs villains. What if Russell decided to eliminate her instead of Courtney ? She goes out pre-merge and no one talks about her.

She's sassy.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013

Kim played a great game, but she did play against a bunch of morons.

Would she be able to beat a group of much better players? I'd be interested to see.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I'll put the winners who I think clearly played a better game than Sandra in bold.
Red played a worse game. I think we would all agree that if we considered each of her wins individually, both were weaker than the bolded ones.

I'm basing this on how much the players were in control of their own fate in the game.

Survivor Millennials vs Gen X (Season 33): Adam Klein
Survivor Kaoh Rong: (Season 32): Michele Fitzgerald
Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance (Season 31): Jeremy Collins
Survivor: Worlds Apart (Season 30): Mike Holloway
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (Season 29): Natalie Anderson
Survivor: Cagayan (Season 28): Tony Vlachos
Survivor: Blood vs. Water (Season 27): Tyson Apostol
Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites (Season 26): John Cochran
Survivor: Philippines (Season 25): Denise Stapley
Survivor: One World (Season 24): Kim Spradlin
Survivor: South Pacific (Season 23): Sophie Clarke
Survivor: Redemption Island (Season 22): Rob Mariano
Survivor: Nicaragua (Season 21): Jud "Fabio" Birza
Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Season 20): Sandra Diaz-Twine
Survivor: Samoa (Season 19): Natalie White
Survivor: Tocantins (Season 18): James "J.T." Thomas, Jr.
Survivor: Gabon (Season 17): Bob Crowley
Survivor: Micronesia (Season 16): Parvati Shallow
Survivor: China (Season 15): Todd Herzog
Survivor: Fiji (Season 14): Earl Cole
Survivor: Cook Islands (Season 13): Yul Kwon
Survivor Panama: Exile Island (Season 12): Aras Baskauskas
Survivor: Guatemala (Season 11): Danni Boatwright
Survivor: Palau (Season 10): Tom Westman
Survivor: Vanuatu (Season 9): Chris Daugherty
Survivor: All-Stars (Season 8): Amber Bkrich
Survivor: Pearl Islands (Season 7): Sandra Diaz-Twine
Survivor: Amazon (Season 6): Jenna Morasca
Survivor: Thailand (Season 5): Brian Heidik
Survivor: Marquesas (Season 4): Vecepia Towery
Survivor: Africa (Season 3): Ethan Zohn
Survivor: Australia (Season 2): Tina Wesson
Survivor: Borneo (Season 1): Richard Hatch

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
I've read many articles of other survivor contestants saying Sandra played an amazing game. There's so much we don't see. No offense Proma, but I'd take their opinion more seriously than yours. All you see is edited crap.

Bottom line. She won twice. No one else has. Automatically the best player.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No revote on ties this season. Goes straight from the tie to needing an unanimous decision to rocks

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/28/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-revote/

Personally I dislike it. I always thought splitting the vote when you have majority is good strategy, however it leaves the possibility open to 1 flipper screwing over your whole plan so there's inherent risk involves with splitting the vote as well.

This will result in less split votes, but you'll still see split votes in situations like 6 or more to 2, 9 or more to 3, etc, etc as you'd get 3-3-2, 4-3-2, 5-4-3 vote breakdowns and the minority goes anyway. Though in the 9 to 3 situation, 1 minority might switch to make it 5-5-2 like Probst mentions and then refuse to agree to force rocks.

I enjoyed the vote splitting as it brought another element into the game, people trying to out-think themselves, someone who wants to flip creating a vote split scenario to control the votes when they want them so when they flip the person they want leaves leaves, etc, etc. The less vote splitting you see, the less of this you'll see. Though watching people contemplate drawing rocks is fun, and with this rule in play less vote splitting will result in a higher likelyhood of someone being idol'd out which is pretty good entertainment as well.

There's good and there's bad, overall I'd prefer if they didn't do it, but it might work out great

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
My first thought to that rule change is I don't like it. But it could just because I don't want change. I'll need to watch a season of the rule in place for me to be able to offer a firm opinion on it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I really like this. It will prevent splitting the votes which is such a staple nowadays.

Cao Boi should have been a game charger for creating this move.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Me waiting for tomorrow like

oYkgq3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad