TV: Survivor 44

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don't understand how they couldnt figure out that Carolyn had the key/idol from the cage?

The entire tribe, except her left together, when they came back it was gone. Isn't that, I don't know a pretty big clue on who has it? Second, everyone goes through their bags, nobody has it...well everyones bags except Carolyn, hmm. Then, the nerdy kid claims he is so good at reading people...Carolyn the entire time has acted like a complete wackadoo, BUT during that whole time it when they were at the cage wondering who took it, it was the only time the whole show where she was acting normal and quiet. He didn't pick up on that? Just mind boggling how dumb that tribe is.

edit - Holy crap, Carolyn is only 35? Jeeze she looks a lot older.

I'm still trying to figure out who I'm rooting for, so far it's probably Brandon.
I was wondering if this is editing to make it seem like they don't know and this week's episode they'll reveal that they have worked it out.

Also, I was absolutely blown away as well to see Carolyn is only 35. All those twisted up facial expressions really did a number on her lol. She mentioned that she used to do drugs, so I'm sure that has some affect as well.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I was wondering if this is editing to make it seem like they don't know and this week's episode they'll reveal that they have worked it out.

Also, I was absolutely blown away as well to see Carolyn is only 35. All those twisted up facial expressions really did a number on her lol. She mentioned that she used to do drugs, so I'm sure that has some affect as well.

She's a drug counselor now, and I know many former addicts go into that field.

I bet she has a book worth of stories.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

I don't like her at all on the show and Im cheering for her to be voted out, but I've never understood who the hell does this stuff. I mean why? What possible thing do you gain by harassing someone like this. It's pathetic and despicable to me. She's living her life, it doesn't affect me. Let her be as crazy as she wants, why would I care? Nevermind taking the time to find her and harass her on social media for...being odd? For overcome addiction issues? What is wrong with these people.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Claire sits out 3 straight challenges voluntarily then is shocked she’s on the chopping block. That was a bold strategy…

and definitely a challenge she should have been in to give her teammates a break. push the square, watch them do the puzzle

with the challenges being so close together in 26 day seasons, you cant sit around every day

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Claire sits out 3 straight challenges voluntarily then is shocked she’s on the chopping block. That was a bold strategy…
I thought her reasoning was extra funny too... "I just wanted to do what's best for the tribe and put my own interests aside"

So basically her rationale was that she thinks she sucks at every challenge and is confident it's in the best interest of the tribe for her to not compete. Even if that was the case, did she really think it was smart to express this to the tribe?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I am a very liberal person politically. I consider myself an ally to women. Some people would probably call me woke in an insulting way. :)

But........the fanbase of this show screaming that all 3 votes offs being women proving the sexism of the show drives. Me. Crazy.

Zero thought given, just knee-jerk reaction.

The first vote off was going to be a man, but he used an idol. That kills that vote-off right there. It should have been a man

The second vote off was in a tribe where 1 man already was medically evacuated, so there were 3 woman and 2 men to vote for. There was a 60% chance a woman was going home.

The third vote off was for a women who sat out all the challenges and received every female vote.

In a different world, all 3 boots being women could be happening in a misogynistic way. But given the actual facts, it's just the game.

*rant off*

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

What ever happened to "you can't sit out the same person twice in a row"? When and why did they get rid of that?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What ever happened to "you can't sit out the same person twice in a row"? When and why did they get rid of that?
It only implies for Reward and Immunity challenges in the same week/cycle. There are rarely ever just a straight up reward challenge anymore so that rule essentially doesnt exist. Pretty sure Jeff has mentioned on his podcast though its something to look into for changing the rules.

Reactions: Tuggy

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013

I'm gonna use this as a reference point moving forward because this is an insane amount of advantages when we're only four episodes in (even if you take away Sarah's two, plus Josh's idol).

Also, Carolyn may be the best casting choice of the new era thus far.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sarah seems like a robot, she hugs her brother once every 5 years??????

In an interview to the camera, Carolyn explains what she considers to be the big differences between she and Sarah. "I'm very emotional and she is the opposite. She's stone faced. She doesn't show emotions," says Carolyn. "But I'm a drug counselor, and part of my job is to have empathy. When I see someone who is holding back their emotions, I see suffering."

Judging by how she has played so far, she indeed does seem prepared for the game. To see the full deleted scene for yourself — and find out why Sarah only hugs her brother once every five years — watch the video up top.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I don't like her at all on the show and Im cheering for her to be voted out, but I've never understood who the hell does this stuff. I mean why? What possible thing do you gain by harassing someone like this. It's pathetic and despicable to me. She's living her life, it doesn't affect me. Let her be as crazy as she wants, why would I care? Nevermind taking the time to find her and harass her on social media for...being odd? For overcome addiction issues? What is wrong with these people.

Social media has completely broken people's brains. It's as if they think they're talking to some amorphous, faceless, character and not an actual human being. The things sent to anyone of note are just appalling.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

I'm gonna use this as a reference point moving forward because this is an insane amount of advantages when we're only four episodes in (even if you take away Sarah's two, plus Josh's idol).

Also, Carolyn may be the best casting choice of the new era thus far.

My fiancee is convinced Carolyn kept the wrong idol. It said when they found it the one with the coin was the fake idol. Yet it seems like her "fake" she gave away DIDNT have the coin and she kept that one. That'd be hilarious if she misread the clue and gave away the real idol and kept the fake.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The contestants are so uninteresting this season that I actually find myself rooting for the crazy chick.

I like Matthew quite a bit, but then he lives a few miles from me and I have been to his barber shop in the past. (years and years ago)

My fiancee is convinced Carolyn kept the wrong idol. It said when they found it the one with the coin was the fake idol. Yet it seems like her "fake" she gave away DIDNT have the coin and she kept that one. That'd be hilarious if she misread the clue and gave away the real idol and kept the fake.

Based on this, Sarah said her idol was fake.

Sarah doesn't seem like she'd be fun at parties.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

1679612552330.png

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Lol outlast was great tv. Saw a lot of pure survivalist show people hating because of how it evolved.

A reality comp show is always at its purest during the first season. After that, every season is influenced by the next. Will be interesting to see what direction it takes if it gets renewed for another season.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Carolyn absolutely has the fake idol and gave away the real one. The coin is the fake one, she kept that and hid the real idol that sarah found, she even made mention when she found it she had a fake one too and held up the real one. So i'm completely confused about that interview above, unless the producers felt bad for Carolyn and are just going to pretend hers is the real one because she messed up.

And Sarah is a complete moron for not playing the idol(real or not). There are 3 people that can get votes after the guy played his idol, and your vote just went to that guy that you know won't count...WHY wouldn't you play it?? Just a dumb player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Carolyn absolutely has the fake idol and gave away the real one. The coin is the fake one, she kept that and hid the real idol that sarah found, she even made mention when she found it she had a fake one too and held up the real one. So i'm completely confused about that interview above, unless the producers felt bad for Carolyn and are just going to pretend hers is the real one because she messed up.

And Sarah is a complete moron for not playing the idol(real or not). There are 3 people that can get votes after the guy played his idol, and your vote just went to that guy that you know won't count...WHY wouldn't you play it?? Just a dumb player.
The real and fake idol are different for each tribe.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
ohh, did not know that. That makes things a bit confusing but I guess could lead to drama when tribes merged and people claim they have fake idols.
I could be wrong but I think thats where the confusing is coming from. Just watched back when Brandon found his and he had a "fake medallion", never said coin. They don't show Carolyne reading hers, and for Danny when he reads the parchment it says a fake coin. So that makes me think they're different for each tribe just to confuse players on what is actually real and what is fake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad