TV: Survivor 44

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
stupid episode but a smart play by lauren

now theyll believe she lost her vote as she actually didnt vote. definitely wont expect she has an advantage

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Not so sure about this cast, but wow what an awesome first episode. I like the birdcage twist, really throws everyone for a loop that the advantage is just out in the open instead of being hidden.

Brandon made an awesome move, would have hated to see him walk out with an idol on episode 1. Was awesome to see him single-handedly take out Maddy.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Jeff actually called Maddy "The 2nd person voted off Survivor 44', which is not correct, as Bruce was not voted off. .

That was the wildest 1st episode in a long time. 1 medevac, almost 2 more. Some really dumb plays at tribal too on top of that,
I love that the first successful shot in the dark was a total waste lol.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
At a certain point they need to just cut it out with SITD and losing votes.

One dude essentially lost his first two votes because he ended up being the one going to an island before even the first immunity challenge happens?

The inheritance advantage is also BS, though the bank a vote advantage is kinda cool

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I'm not sure if I've ever been as unimpressed by such a diverse group of people in my life.

But full disclosure — I've been complaining about Survivor for a few seasons now — mainly about the absurd amount of gimmicks which are now inserted into every season, and ever-increasingly so.

I don't know. All the new contestants strike me as boring. I'm sure someone will rise above it all though, or at least I hope so. For some reason I can't kick this damn show. It's like that codeine habit I developed in my 20s where eventually it didn't make me feel good anymore, I couldn't understand why I was still using it, but I couldn't stop using it.

Reactions: fin8

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Survivor: Gimmick Island 9.0

Underwhelming cast except for Carolyn who is 49 shades of whackadoodle. The way the producers manipulate the show now I think she's going to be around a long time. We will see.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think that most have been too hard on the cast this season, it's still very early and we're just getting to know the players. My problem is I'm watching Big brother Canada, which also just started and it's harder to learn all the names of both shows. Give it time and then you can make a better judgment of the season.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I really like Matthew, not just because he is from Columbus. The nerdy couple are cute to watch. It's better than a Ken and Barbie showmance. :)

I don't think anyone is unlikable at this point.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Did Sarah let her tribe know she did not have a vote? I don't remember . That would explain Carson voting with the older duo to avoid a tie because I don't see how a young man like him would forgo siding with 2 good looking young females and instead team up with the eccentric older people.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I actually think the this casting was a lot better than the last 3-4 seasons.

At the same time, not a fan of 9000 advantages/idols at the beginning of a season..

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't understand how they couldnt figure out that Carolyn had the key/idol from the cage?

The entire tribe, except her left together, when they came back it was gone. Isn't that, I don't know a pretty big clue on who has it? Second, everyone goes through their bags, nobody has it...well everyones bags except Carolyn, hmm. Then, the nerdy kid claims he is so good at reading people...Carolyn the entire time has acted like a complete wackadoo, BUT during that whole time it when they were at the cage wondering who took it, it was the only time the whole show where she was acting normal and quiet. He didn't pick up on that? Just mind boggling how dumb that tribe is.

edit - Holy crap, Carolyn is only 35? Jeeze she looks a lot older.

I'm still trying to figure out who I'm rooting for, so far it's probably Brandon.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This is me with watching Survivor Australia Heroes vs Villains on YouTube, which is AMAZING by the way. Episode 7 might have been the best tribal council I've ever seen.
Dude it's mindblowing how good it is and how it's just all available on YouTube. I think that tribal was indeed the best I've ever seen and potentially one of the greatest of all time.

"Playing chess not checkers" doesn't even scratch the surface of what George is doing to the rest of the tribe. My wife and I have been quoting "It was a test, Simon!" to each other back and forth since then lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad