SuperLeague a done deal- New York Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And yet you went out of your way to dunk on a poster who agrees with you. Enjoy Human Rights FC.
Nah, it's not you, it's your damn club. Barca is that hypocritical club I can't stand.
At least nobody can doubt some of those teams are everything about money and nothing else. Yours claims to have "values". LOL. They're after money like everyone else. This struck me a lot when I visited their stadium and I remember posting about it (was before you posted here).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Going on the record of not liking this. Not really much else to say except don’t complaint about it if you are going to watch it.m

its sucks but I’m not going to get too worked up because I don’t have a say in the matter

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Every time I read about some awful proposal it's those :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ers Florentino and Agnelli that are front and centre. f*** those guys.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I wonder if PSG signs on right away if this is after the 2022 WC. They got to stay in Fifa's good books since their own effectively bought the WC.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nah, it's not you, it's your damn club. Barca is that hypocritical club I can't stand.
At least nobody can doubt some of those teams are everything about money and nothing else. Yours claims to have "values". LOL. They're after money like everyone else. This struck me a lot when I visited their stadium and I remember posting about it (was before you posted here).

Being a hypocritic is worse than being human rights violator? Get real lol

Oh I remember that I've been here for over a decade just under different names. Something about how they over charged you in their museum.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seems like an absurd argument. It’s entirely possible to say that something is a bad idea but admit it will likely have good entertainment value.
Yes I watch most of the CL and I hate the format.
Difference though is that there aren't two competitions at the same time.
Here we'd have a european cup and a european league at the same time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Seems like an absurd argument. It’s entirely possible to say that something is a bad idea but admit it will likely have good entertainment value.
I don’t think it’s absurd at all.

If you (not specifically you) are so anti a super league and so outraged by it, don’t watch it. The only think that these billionaires care about is money (which is why it’s happening in the first place) so best way to protest/stick it to them is not watching.

I think it is very weak to complain about how bad a super league is and then watch it anyway. Don’t give them the ratings.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Being a hypocritic is worse than being human rights violator? Get real lol

Oh I remember that I've been here for over a decade just under different names. Something about how they over charged you in their museum.
I don't know, maybe ask your team when it had Qatar Airways on their jerseys. Hypocritical also BTW.

Not just about the museum. They charged you a crazy amount to take a picture with a paper Messi. That's right. Not with Messi, with a giant (well not that giant :D ) replica.
My kid was a Barca and PSG fan then. It was tough to see really.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't know, maybe ask your team when it had Qatar Airways on their jerseys. Hypocritical also BTW.

Not just about the museum. They charged you a crazy amount to take a picture with a paper Messi. That's right. Not with Messi, with a giant (well not that giant :D ) replica.
My kid was a Barca and PSG fan then. It was tough to see really.

How is it hypocritical did Barca say anything about PSG's Qatar ownership? Or are you referring to me who has the ability to separate the team from the ownership. You're trying to pick a fight bizarrely tbh. Luckily i have time today.

If your stomached turned over a few extra Euros you should see how Qatar makes its money.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well. Time to find a team in the Bundesliga then.

Not exactly sure what a "superleague" would accomplish. It's not like football as a sport struggles with lack of popularity, money etc. as it is.

Would love it if they established this, but that the real fans just completely boycotted it. I don't care if Spurs collapses as a consequence. Pathetic that they signed on. Probably done with football if this happens.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Football is ruined. The smaller leagues have already been feeling the effects of the large disparity in wealth in recent years, this would just be another blow.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Going on the record of not liking this. Not really much else to say except don’t complaint about it if you are going to watch it.m

its sucks but I’m not going to get too worked up because I don’t have a say in the matter
Sounds like you're a fan.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Every time I read about some awful proposal it's those :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ers Florentino and Agnelli that are front and centre. f*** those guys.

Agnelli wants to cater to casual fans in Asia and North America unfortunately. One of the reasons Juve rebranded was because he felt Americans were skeptical to buy their kits because they look like referee shirts :confused: He also did an interview recently saying most people around the world support multiple clubs and follow players rather than teams (which is probably true but still pathetic)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How is it hypocritical did Barca say anything about PSG's Qatar ownership? Or are you referring to me who has the ability to separate the team from the ownership. You're trying to pick a fight bizarrely tbh. Luckily i have time today.

If your stomached turned over a few extra Euros you should see how Qatar makes its money.
Nope I am refering to your club. Blaming your club for what it is, a hypocritical money hungry teams like the others. Some people in this thread did. And your dear president went all Bart on this one.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
UEFA thanking german and french teams who rejected the idea. Blames the persistence of some teams of looking only at their own personnal interestes and that they've had enough.

Now EPL rejects the idea.

This is getting major here. 3 of the 4 semis finalists could be ejected from this year's CL making the Bayern/PSG matchup the real final (which it was IMO). Leicester could get the EPL title. And Sevilla in Spain. Atalanta in Italy.
suddenly I'm happier again

no, I don't really qualify as a supporter per se as I almost never watch them, but I always smiled when they did well even before the impossible season; I just like foxes, that's all

* * *​
It’ll fold when Fifa gets involved & threatens the players with bans from international tournaments, I think
They did that already and the clubs didn't flinch. Of course, one wonders what the players would do afterward under those circumstances...

...if the players do defect for that reason, then suddenly I am all for this mass suicide pact of theirs. :D

Reactions: Evilo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad