Super Team Tournament Mock Draft [VEGAS DECLARED CHAMPION]

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So how's it work for guys playing out of position? If they've played there at some point it's pretty well fine right?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Jaccob Slavin - Rasmus Dahlin
Esa Lindell - Ryan Pulock
Devon Toews - Rasmus Andersson

Pretty content with this. Had I not missed my picks early I'd have Josi instead of Slavin, but still pretty good overall. Slavin is probably a better compliment to Dahlin anyway.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Pretty content with this. Had I not missed my picks early I'd have Josi instead of Slavin, but still pretty good overall. Slavin is probably a better compliment to Dahlin anyway.
hehe sorryyy

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I have 2 picks left, any way we hammer this thing out tonight, it'd be awesome. One LW and one G to go!!!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
hehe sorryyy

Not your fault :laugh:

I still would've taken Seguin in the 3rd round so didn't lose anything there, and the drop off from Josi to Slavin isn't that monumental.

Having Hertl-Cirelli-Hayes behind Seguin probably helps a lot :laugh:

Reactions: hockeynorth

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Whoever hasn’t posted their roster in the Roster Thread please do so. Also have them up to date by the end of the draft please and thank you!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:stars

Kyle Connor - Tyler Seguin - Artemi Panarin
Jakub Vrana - Tomas Hertl - Clayton Keller
Dominik Kubalik - Anthony Cirelli - Denis Gurianov
Tanner Pearson - Kevin Hayes - Gustav Nyquist

John Gibson

Would've preferred a stronger bottom pairing but that's still a strong middle pairing on most NHL teams.

Very, very happy with my forward group. Disgusting amounts of skill.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:nucks

Teuvo Teravainen - Nathan MacKinnon - Timo Meier
Alex DeBrincat - J.T. Miller - Sam Reinhart
Anthony Duclair - Ryan Strome - Conor Garland
Jack Hughes - Jake Virtanen

Quinn Hughes - Drew Doughty
Alex Edler - Tony DeAngelo
Ben Chariot - Chris Tanev

Jordan Binnington
Jacob Markstrom

Looks how solid that top 4 is, even our 3rd pairing is a solid 2nd pairing. Hughes and Doughty can compliment each other like no other partner can. And look at that offense. Two strong first lines, followed by a really good 2nd line and a another decent 2nd line. We also have two goalies that have been playing like top 10 goalies this season.

Vote Canucks as #1 team. We are far better than those Leafs ;)

@hockeynorth

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafs Pre backup goalie/trades (and we are open to trades) roster:

Parise-Malkin-Svechnikoc
Gaudreau-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Hornqvist-Hischier-Rust
Mangiapane-Henrique-D. Brown

Josi-McAvoy
Theodore-Fox
Dunn-Johnson

Hellebuyck

What. A. Team.

L1: High scoring vert winger in Parise with a couple Russians, they're going to just destroy you offensively. When Malkin turns it on he's one of the best players of this generation and Svechnikov is just unbelievably dynamic.

L2: So this time I have super kid Jonny Hockey, playing with the flow and a guy who's name has Bjork in it. That alone should be enough, but anyways Gaudreau is a premier offensive talent and should be on most peoples first lines, and will likely get Karlsson back to 40 goal form, an even if not he can be a possession beat while putting up some big numbers and playing two way hockey, not to mention my buddy Bjork who played unreal hockey this year, and how do you not love a Dane, but seriously, the guys an unreal hockey player

L3: Hornqvist has been putting up numbers for years, and Rust went above a ppg this year so I'm hoping that Pittsburgh connection clicks, and don't forget Hornqvists best hockey was played on the HBK line as a LW. Who can say they have a ppg player on their third line? And Hischier down the middle is just awesome, his offensive flair will be perfect and this lines competent both ways too.

L4: You know, like Parise people forget Dustin Brown still plays great hockey, but surprise! He really does, and with Henrique down the middle I actually expect a pretty defensively competent fourth line that can rip on people, plus their third wheels name is Mangiapane, eat bread, how do you not like to eat bread, and he's highly skilled, so a highly skilled bread eater, you have to love it.

Offence summary: With names like Bjorkstrand and Mangiapane we should automatically win, but if not every lines has unreal skill and there's two elite first lines here with lines 3 and 4 being more than above average too. Centre strength may not be as sexy as Stamkos-Aho-Barzal, but my wingers had some of the best seasons in the NHL this season and this whole team will just hold the puck until they score. Puck. Possession. I came away pretty happy with this.

D1: That first pair would be utterly dominant, with this years should be Norris winner on it in Josi in addition to a stud of a young D in McAvoy, and a good amount of playoff experience. If you want to talk the perfect pair, this is it.

D2: second pair is going to never let the other team get the puck and put up huge numbers, they're possession beasts and both had dominant seasons this year, with Theodore getting rave reviews, he should be a Norris contender this year.

D3: that third pair has a young analytical darling with a well proven vet who can more than handle heavy competition, Dunn just dominates competition and Johnson is the perfect tutor.

Defence summary: I'm going to be that guy, I think I really have the best blue line in this draft. Whether you like analytics, eye test or others opinions those 6 D always come out extremely well. None of them should get beat easily. Oh, and they're a bunch of possession machines, just the hockey we want. I love this blue line and I'm so pumped.

Goalie: Yeah Connor Hellebuyck should definitely be in Vezina contention and could drag Winnipeg into the playoffs on his own any given season, so I think that's enough here. Who even needs a backup.

Overall I just love this team so much, couldn't be happier about it.

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
A) Can we please get this done tonighttt
B) I'm open to talk trades
C) I'll give a report on your roster if you comment back with your roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad