Super Team Tournament Mock Draft [VEGAS DECLARED CHAMPION]

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Please have your rosters edited to the way you want them. Also I believe there is one team that hasn't posted their roster yet.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
:leafs
Parise-Malkin-Svechnikov
Gaudreau-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Hornqvist-Hischier-Rust
Mangiapane-Henrique-D. Brown

Josi-McAvoy
Theodore-Fox
Dunn-Johnson

Hellebuyck
Crawford

I really like this team, some great experience and some youth, high skill all around and puck possession beasts, we went all in on skill. Lights out goaltending, unreal defence and the forwards ooze skill, I'm pumped.

Not going to bother looking at other teams. This team will win because of where Theodore, Rust, Hornqvist, McAvoy, Fox got drafted (way too low).

Wouldn't have picked Karlsson, Parise, or Svechnikov (keep pick for Stone), but that's it.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Not going to bother looking at other teams. This team will win because of where Theodore, Rust, Hornqvist, McAvoy, Fox got drafted (way too low).

Wouldn't have picked Karlsson, Parise, or Svechnikov (keep pick for Stone), but that's it.
His team is good. Other teams are pretty good too, just saying.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

I thought I'd manage to get Stone, where I nabbed Svechnikov I got caught off guard by who was there

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
His team is good. Other teams are pretty good too, just saying.

Rust 184th
Hornqvist 280th

is kinda nuts

+ advantage of taking a top 5 center (McDavid, Crosby, MacKinnon, Malkin, Matthews) but that's mostly due to draft board luck

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Rust 184th
Hornqvist 280th

is kinda nuts

+ advantage of taking a top 5 center (McDavid, Crosby, MacKinnon, Malkin, Matthews) but that's mostly due to draft board luck
I had some super luck with guys falling, I feel like I'm going to get beat by a team I have surprisingly low though. I love my team though for this.

@Makaveli when does trade window close/when can we see playoff matchups, also can we do ti so we argue why our team should beat the other team in the matchup and post our lines for that specific matchup, for example I'd likely load it up against your team but spread it out against some others

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
I had some super luck with guys falling, I feel like I'm going to get beat by a team I have surprisingly low though. I love my team though for this.

@Makaveli when does trade window close/when can we see playoff matchups, also can we do ti so we argue why our team should beat the other team in the matchup and post our lines for that specific matchup, for example I'd likely load it up against your team but spread it out against some others
Trading window will close Friday 11:59PM. Matchups will be set up tomorrow.

OB5

May 2, 2015
:habs:habs:habs

Tomas Tatar-Steven Stamkos-Filip Forsberg
Evgeni Dadonov-Sebastian Aho-Tyler Toffoli
Ilya Kovalchuk-Matt Barzal-Jordan Eberle
Joel Armia-Paul Stastny-Corey Perry

Zach Werenski-John Klingberg
Morgan Rielly-Sami Vatanen
Josh Morrissey-Anton Stralman

Tristan Jarry
Jaroslav Halak

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Tristan Jarry
Jaroslav Halak

That center depth is nasty.

Reactions: OB5

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Tristan Jarry
Jaroslav Halak
Dirty

Reactions: OB5

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If anyone else wants some feedback I’m up for that, or wants to give me some I’d love it before we see matchups

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Tristan Jarry
Jaroslav Halak
L1: I'm not the biggest Tatar fan but I feel like there's just something about this line that really pops and seems like it'd fit perfectly. I think it's the Forsberg/Stamkos combo just seems awesome. I'd give it an A, I only have the one A+ first line right now.
L2: I don't know how much I love this one, but clearly your wings would take a hit with the C/D you picked up, I think you could've done better than Toffoli but it's not bad. Dadanov/Aho also seems like it'd be solid, A- due to it's potential
L3: I think these are the wrong wingers for Barzal, it'd be a huge defensive liability of a line but at least it's your third and it's a bit above average especially with Barzal, B+ line 3 for me
L4: Armia is an interesting choice to have in this, because I feel like he isn't the all star calibre player this comp mostly would have and yet the fourth line looks really good, and he'd be a great compliment! I'm going to give it an A- but it could get all the way up to an A if these guys click, just 2/3rds didn't have the best seasons yet, but Statsny is just mean to have as 4C so yeah, A- as of right now.

D1: This would be a super offensive first pair, I like it just don't know how well they'd do offensively against say Tkachuk/Eichel/Pastrnak so for that reason it's only an A not an A+
D2: I question having Vatanen this high and as a compliment to Rielly, I just think there were better options and a defensive presence is better for you here, my only recommendation for your team would be to trade for one, or even at least swap your 2/3 RD with each other. As is it's a B+ because I think Reilly as a 3D is mean
D3: This pair should be great against depth and would shut down others well. I think it's a solid A

G: This is my biggest question mark for you, I think it's definitely your Achilles heel. Typically I think average goaltending is enough but with the calibre of teams I think you need a good goalie who's also well proven, and Jarry is still a question mark for me. This is a B for me which is not bad at all for your worst rating.

Overall: it graded out as an A- but some small fixes would throw it up to an A I think, furthermore while it's not rated as well as some, it is firmly inside my group of top teams and one of my favourites to win. You sacrificed some W/G/RD to build crazy C/LD depth and that works, I like it and think you did awesome, and could easily improve it enough to push yourself up my rankings even more, and you're already quite high.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Huberdeau-Barkov-Vorachek
Hoffman-Monahan-Laine
DeBrusk-Trochek-Lindholm
Palat-Jenner-Jarnkrok

Pietrangelo-Brodin
Krug-Carlo
Brodie-Goligoski

Bishop
Korpisalo

Thoughts? Suggestions? Hate?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:edmonton

Gabriel Landeskog
- Leon Draisaitl - Mikko Rantanen
Anders Lee - Anze Kopitar - Blake Wheeler
Nino Niederreiter
- Ryan Johansen - Alexander Radulov
Andreas Johnsson - Tyler Johnson - Kailer Yamamoto

Oscar Klefbom - Colton Parayko
Darnell Nurse
- Damon Severson
Noah Hanifin
- David Savard

Robin Lehner
Henrik Lundqvist
This is hard because you committed to a restriction which obviously will hurt you a bit.
L1: Basically the Avs first line with a Drai instead of Mack, so I'm giving it an A but this is my best line behind @Makaveli's or the ones I could put together on my own team yet. To get an A+ you really have to hit it out of the park and Landeskog I just think is better as 2W in this, but I like it and think this would suck to play against!
L2: Niceeeee line, I'm no Anders Lee fan but this is nasty man and will hurt other teams, it's as close to an A+ of a second line as you can get for me, with it only being an A because of Lee again, I just think there were better options but still a high A
L3: This lien is really causing me problems because I feel like it could be as high as an A- or as low as a B, so I'm splitting the difference and given it a B+ because I think Nino or Johansen would be better as depth on a teams 4th line for this, and yet it does look really good! So I'm conflicted and I'll go down the middle.
L4: This is just fun and funny, Johnson isn't the perfect 4C for this, neither was Johnsson with his season this year as 4LW, but Yama is fun and this is decent enough, I'd give it a B+ because of it's potential and it humours me.

D1: I'll be honest I think your D suffered the most from this and this isn't your ideal top pair for this kind of competition. Klefbom would ideally be on the 2nd pair or lower. I don't want to give it more than a B unfortunately.
D2: More like a 3rd pair but it'd do well in shut down minutes and would hurt some teams, it's more like a B+, your D just doesn't quite have the game breaker like some other.
D3: This third pair is one of my favourite third pairs for this, a nd is a solid A for me, much better!

G: Really good goaltending and it'll more than do, A

Overall: Your depth hurt a bit but it was mostly restriction based I feel like and I like it for what it is. I don't think it'll win but it should at least be in the top half depending who you run into in run 1, and it'll be hard to play against, better depth would likely push this into my group of favourites but for now it's a good A-, and I think you did awesome considering your restriction, great job!

Reactions: Llamamoto49

OB5

May 2, 2015
L1: I'm not the biggest Tatar fan but I feel like there's just something about this line that really pops and seems like it'd fit perfectly. I think it's the Forsberg/Stamkos combo just seems awesome. I'd give it an A, I only have the one A+ first line right now.
L2: I don't know how much I love this one, but clearly your wings would take a hit with the C/D you picked up, I think you could've done better than Toffoli but it's not bad. Dadanov/Aho also seems like it'd be solid, A- due to it's potential
L3: I think these are the wrong wingers for Barzal, it'd be a huge defensive liability of a line but at least it's your third and it's a bit above average especially with Barzal, B+ line 3 for me
L4: Armia is an interesting choice to have in this, because I feel like he isn't the all star calibre player this comp mostly would have and yet the fourth line looks really good, and he'd be a great compliment! I'm going to give it an A- but it could get all the way up to an A if these guys click, just 2/3rds didn't have the best seasons yet, but Statsny is just mean to have as 4C so yeah, A- as of right now.

D1: This would be a super offensive first pair, I like it just don't know how well they'd do offensively against say Tkachuk/Eichel/Pastrnak so for that reason it's only an A not an A+
D2: I question having Vatanen this high and as a compliment to Rielly, I just think there were better options and a defensive presence is better for you here, my only recommendation for your team would be to trade for one, or even at least swap your 2/3 RD with each other. As is it's a B+ because I think Reilly as a 3D is mean
D3: This pair should be great against depth and would shut down others well. I think it's a solid A

G: This is my biggest question mark for you, I think it's definitely your Achilles heel. Typically I think average goaltending is enough but with the calibre of teams I think you need a good goalie who's also well proven, and Jarry is still a question mark for me. This is a B for me which is not bad at all for your worst rating.

Overall: it graded out as an A- but some small fixes would throw it up to an A I think, furthermore while it's not rated as well as some, it is firmly inside my group of top teams and one of my favourites to win. You sacrificed some W/G/RD to build crazy C/LD depth and that works, I like it and think you did awesome, and could easily improve it enough to push yourself up my rankings even more, and you're already quite high.
This is dope.

you lost me at “I’m not the biggest Tatar fan” though

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Huberdeau-Barkov-Vorachek
Hoffman-Monahan-Laine
DeBrusk-Trochek-Lindholm
Palat-Jenner-Jarnkrok

Pietrangelo-Brodin
Krug-Carlo
Brodie-Goligoski

Bishop
Korpisalo

Thoughts? Suggestions? Hate?
Another one of my favourite teams and up there high on my rankings, though I won't give away who exactly is where.
L1: I like this first line but I don't know if Vorachek is the star RW (but yours is on line 2) for an A+, but I can identify your makeup as being like how I sorted mine out so your depth is a lot better than most. A- line one for me but for a good reason
L2: The reason is that this is an A+ line 2 in my books, I like the sum of the parts and think it'd be very fun
L3: Pretty good line 3, it can tear apart a lot of teams' line 3s, so I think its worth an A- and you should trade me DeBrusk. Lindholm is just mean this low.
L4: I'm really iffy on this, like @Makaveli I think your 4th line suffered the most. It's not bad though, Palat's solid I just wouldn't want both Jarnkrok and Jenner on my team in this competition so it's a B-, because I think it's upside isn't high enough

D1: This top pair is fine, I don't love it like some teams top pairs but I don't think its a bad one and could do, just Brodin is ideally on your 2nd pair IMO for this. It's probably a B+ for me, in the middle for top pairs for me
D2: I really like this as a second pair here, the Boston connection was smart. It's an A for me!
D3: Solid if unspectacular 3rd pair, though most are and I like both parts. It'd be an NHL 2nd pair and so for this as a third pair that'll do, its an A- but I haven't followed Goligoski enough tbh.

Goalies: This is the goalie tandem I want to see on a winner, A+ for me

Overall: Some questions like could you have had a better 1RD and your 4th line C/RW but it does look like it'd be decent. This is a team I have pretty high on my list (again I won't disclose exact order yet) largely off your top 6 and goalies. It's an A.

Disclaimer for group unrelated to this team: I may have your team rated higher in a vacuum but if they run into certain teams there's a chance I vote for the lower team due to matchups, also I can definitely be swayed. I'll be putting a lot of stock into the debates going on. Obviously if you're higher you'll have the edge but if you have a super line and someone else has much better depth I may take the depth, or a super matchup line I'll consider it to cancel out. In a vacuum however I have my list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad