- Lars Eller - Ryan Dzingel
Ryan McDonagh - Cale Makar
Jake Muzzin
- Jacob Trouba
Dmitry Orlov
- Kevin Shattenkirk

Frederik Andersen
Mikko Koskinen

Extremely happy with my team. Great Offense, Great Defense and great Goaltending. This is going to be fun.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Once the draft is complete, I will release the bracket. Voting will start this weekend so it will give us some time to trade if we want.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafs
Parise-Malkin-Svechnikov
Gaudreau-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Hornqvist-Hischier-Rust
Mangiapane-Henrique-D. Brown

Josi-McAvoy
Theodore-Fox
Dunn-Johnson

Hellebuyck
Crawford
I really like this team, some great experience and some youth, high skill all around and puck possession beasts, we went all in on skill. Lights out goaltending, unreal defence and the forwards ooze skill, I'm pumped.

Reactions: Makaveli

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:vegas

Nik EhlersMark Scheifele Riley Smith
Chris Krieder Ryan O’RiellyJoe Pavelski
Tyler Bertuzzi Matt DucheneJosh Bailey
Anthony BeauvillerCharlie Coyle Craig Smith
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Victor HedmanShea Weber
Nate Schmidt Matt Niskanen
Brady Skjei Josh Manson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Andrei Vasilevskiy
Anton Khudobin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pumped on the finished result. Great centre group, strong defence, and elite goaltending.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:kings
Brady Tkachuk - Jack Eichel - David Pastrňák
Jake Guentzel - Claude Giroux - Kevin Fiala
Victor Olofsson
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Pavel Buchnevich
Jared McCann
- Lars Eller - Ryan Dzingel

Ryan McDonagh - Cale Makar
Jake Muzzin
- Jacob Trouba
Dmitry Orlov
- Kevin Shattenkirk

Frederik Andersen
Mikko Koskinen

Extremely happy with my team. Great Offense, Great Defense and great Goaltending. This is going to be fun.
I like it! That top line is just awesome. I'll do the same grading here but obviously high grades are harder because it's relative to every other team too, so players are better.
L1: This is awesome and I love every part of it. Tkachuk seems like the perfect compliment, you nailed it. A+ for this line from me!!!
L2: Edit: after being corrected, make it an A, my bad. I just don't love Giroux at C anymore but he is really solid. It's an A because I changed my thinking a bit to credit for what they did this year, and not docking points for guys having all played these positions in the past, unreal top 6!
L3: All guys who had big years this year, should be highly productive for a third line, A
L4: I think this line isn't the best fit for this challenge and I don't like the three Cs, it seems you thought shut down/depth but I think you would've been better going all skill again. It's going to get a C from me because I do understand the thought process and Eller had a big year but I just question it facing super lines.

D1: Awesome first pair, what's not to like. McDonagh isn't the best LD you could've had with Makar considering the aim of this challenge but I see nor Eason for this to not excel regardless. A
D2: Really solid shut down 2nd pair and should take pressure off Makar to just go crazy against teams depth. It gets an A- considering the names out there but it's really good for what it is!
D3: I like it as a third pair, seems sufficient for the competition if not extravagant. Not an Orlov fan but I'll give it a B+ because it's better than some 3rd pairs, and it's a good compliment.

G: I question if this tandem can get it done against elite teams but I love Andersen and think he'd be great behind this team, and it's serviceable enough. I think it's worth an A-, just because it isn't top notch but it'll do.

Overall: A- team, some question marks with the fits and think there were better players available, but I like the parts isolated and other than that 3rd line I really think it'd work. Honestly I'd swap you one of my extra RWs for one of your extra LWs and I think we'd both be better off. Well done, should push others teams! Edit: after being corrected on positions and rethinking my grading style after doing @AveryStar4Eva, this bumps up to an A

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
@AveryStar4Eva
L1: Seems like a good solid 1st line and I like the Winnipeg connection. Smith isn't my favourite first line RWer but it'll do. I'm going to give it a B+ because there's better in the competition but take that as a positive because your depth is great!
L2: I like this a lot for a second line and it'll be horrible to play against. Really like the makeup and giving it an A as far as second lines go.
L3: Not a fan of Duchene but I like Bertuzzi and Bailey and think it's a good third line for this, it'd also get an A as far as third lines go here.
L4: I like the idea of this line and it'll be reliable, and it is a fourth line. I give it a B+ but without Beauvillier it'd go up to an A-

D1: Monster first pair, A+
D2: I'm not loving it in comparison to other 2nd pairs in the competition but y this competitions standards its another A-!
D3: I like the makeup here and I think both are perfect third pairing D for this comp, A

G: Vasi is a beast, A, it'd be an A+ only if you literally had another top notch goalie as backup for me, so A is great!!!

Overall: A grade here for me, well built team and looks tough to beat! I don't love some of the players but I'll give them credit because I know how good they are. I personally prefer @Makaveli's team but this one just as better depth

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
I like it! That top line is just awesome. I'll do the same grading here but obviously high grades are harder because it's relative to every other team too, so players are better.
L1: This is awesome and I love every part of it. Tkachuk seems like the perfect compliment, you nailed it. A+ for this line from me!!!
L2: Here I don't love as much, Fiala's a LW, and I prefer Giroux not the wing now but I'll assume it works enough, just don't know if it's the best fitted line. B+ here but it'd be a B if all 3 weren't so productive this year.
L3: All guys who had big years this year, should be highly productive for a third line, A
L4: I think this line isn't the best fit for this challenge and I don't like the three Cs, it seems you thought shut down/depth but I think you would've been better going all skill again. It's going to get a C from me because I do understand the thought process and Eller had a big year but I just question it facing super lines.

D1: Awesome first pair, what's not to like. McDonagh isn't the best LD you could've had with Makar considering the aim of this challenge but I see nor Eason for this to not excel regardless. A
D2: Really solid shut down 2nd pair and should take pressure off Makar to just go crazy against teams depth. It gets an A- considering the names out there but it's really good for what it is!
D3: I like it as a third pair, seems sufficient for the competition if not extravagant. Not an Orlov fan but I'll give it a B+ because it's better than some 3rd pairs, and it's a good compliment.

G: I question if this tandem can get it done against elite teams but I love Andersen and think he'd be great behind this team, and it's serviceable enough. I think it's worth an A-, just because it isn't top notch but it'll do.

Overall: A- team, some question marks with the fits and think there were better players available, but I like the parts isolated and other than that 3rd line I really think it'd work. Honestly I'd swap you one of my extra RWs for one of your extra LWs and I think we'd both be better off. Well done, should push others teams!
Thanks, appreciate the feedback! Fiala has been playing RW this year btw and has excelled! And the 4th line can def hold its own against other teams 4th lines. Doing your teams now.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Thanks, appreciate the feedback! Fiala has been playing RW this year btw and has excelled! And the 4th line can def hold its own against other teams 4th lines. Doing your teams now.
Oh really, I had him listed as a LW still so thats my bad man! Sorry about that. I think thy can hold their own but relative to others I don't love it past Eller, I think it just could've been done a it better with who you picked. It's definitely your weakest point and I had to be hard with the grades for this. Sorry again about Fiala though, my fault for not knowing. I fixed my grades. If a guy has played the position then I won't dock points for it so I fixed it! Up to an A!!!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
@AveryStar4Eva
L1: Seems like a good solid 1st line and I like the Winnipeg connection. Smith isn't my favourite first line RWer but it'll do. I'm going to give it a B+ because there's better in the competition but take that as a positive because your depth is great!
L2: I like this a lot for a second line and it'll be horrible to play against. Really like the makeup and giving it an A as far as second lines go.
L3: Not a fan of Duchene but I like Bertuzzi and Bailey and think it's a good third line for this, it'd also get an A as far as third lines go here.
L4: I like the idea of this line and it'll be reliable, and it is a fourth line. I give it a B+ but without Beauvillier it'd go up to an A-

D1: Monster first pair, A+
D2: I'm not loving it in comparison to other 2nd pairs in the competition but y this competitions standards its another A-!
D3: I like the makeup here and I think both are perfect third pairing D for this comp, A

G: Vasi is a beast, A, it'd be an A+ only if you literally had another top notch goalie as backup for me, so A is great!!!

Overall: A grade here for me, well built team and looks tough to beat! I don't love some of the players but I'll give them credit because I know how good they are. I personally prefer @Makaveli's team but this one just as better depth

Thanks for the breakdown!

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:avs

Schwartz - Bergeron - Stone
Zucker - Couturier - Gallagher
Hyman - Danault - Coleman
Bonino - Backlund - Nichsuhkin

Giordano - Pesce
Lindholm - Marino
Pelech - Hamonic

Price
Blackwood

Edited my lines to stack them more. Tell me how elite they are.​

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
:leafs
Parise-Malkin-Svechnikov
Hornqvist-Hischier-Rust

Josi-McAvoy
Theodore-Fox
Dunn-Johnson

Hellebuyck
Crawford

I really like this team, some great experience and some youth, high skill all around and puck possession beasts, we went all in on skill. Lights out goaltending, unreal defence and the forwards ooze skill, I'm pumped.
L1: I like the Malkin-Svech connection, but don't really like the fit with Parise here. I feel like there were better options there. All in all it is a solid line though. B+
L2: Tones of skill, Gaudreau and Bjork is a great playmaker - sniper combo. Karlsson is a great fit between them. A
L3: Not a fan of this line. All good players, just think there were better options for a 3rd line in this kind of tournament. C-
L4: Good shutdown line A

D1: Amazing pairing, love it! A+
D2: I love these two players although it is a very inexperienced pair. A-
D3: Solid for a 3rd pair, not amazing but not def not horrible. B+

G: Hellebuyck is great, Crawford is a good back up. A+

Overall grade A. Very good team, the main thing that brings you down is the 3rd line.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
L1: I like the Malkin-Svech connection, but don't really like the fit with Parise here. I feel like there were better options there. All in all it is a solid line though. B+
L2: Tones of skill, Gaudreau and Bjork is a great playmaker - sniper combo. Karlsson is a great fit between them. A
L3: Not a fan of this line. All good players, just think there were better options for a 3rd line in this kind of tournament. C-
L4: Good shutdown line A

D1: Amazing pairing, love it! A+
D2: I love these two players although it is a very inexperienced pair. A-
D3: Solid for a 3rd pair, not amazing but not def not horrible. B+

G: Hellebuyck is great, Crawford is a good back up. A+

Overall grade A. Very good team, the main thing that brings you down is the 3rd line.
The third line was extremely hard to build, though Rust going above a ppg helps for sure. Just need to find someone other than Hornqvist or Hischier I've felt like. Thanks for this! Maybe I swap Hornqvist and Parise, do you think that's better?

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Oh really, I had him listed as a LW still so thats my bad man! Sorry about that. I think thy can hold their own but relative to others I don't love it past Eller, I think it just could've been done a it better with who you picked. It's definitely your weakest point and I had to be hard with the grades for this. Sorry again about Fiala though, my fault for not knowing. I fixed my grades. If a guy has played the position then I won't dock points for it so I fixed it! Up to an A!!!
I agree that my 4th is my weak point, but my top 9 makes up for it I guess.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
The third line was extremely hard to build, though Rust going above a ppg helps for sure. Just need to find someone other than Hornqvist or Hischier I've felt like. Thanks for this! Maybe I swap Hornqvist and Parise, do you think that's better?
I actually do like that better. Horns would be a great fit with those 2, it also makes your 3rd line a lot better as well!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:avs

Schwartz - Bergeron - Stone
Zucker - Couturier - Gallagher
Hyman - Danault - Coleman
Bonino - Backlund - Nichsuhkin

Giordano - Pesce
Lindholm - Marino
Pelech - Hamonic

Price
Blackwood

Edited my lines to stack them more. Tell me how elite they are.​
L1: I don't like Schwartz but damn the defensive prowess is just unreal, for sure an A. An A+ has to be like @Makaveli's first line but its really close. I think I honestly prefer Hyman here.
L2: I love all the parts, yet another A
L3: Good defensively but I think there were better options than Coleman, I'm going to give it a B
L4: Not the biggest fan of either of these wingers for this challenge but Backlund on the fourth line is fun and again awesome defensively, B+

D1: I don't actually love having Pesce playing top pair minutes for this challenge even if he's so awesome, so it's more of a B+ top pair.
D2: Marino I'd rather have on the 3rd pair for this again, but still solid enough especially with Lindholm so B+ again
D3: I'm not a fan of Pelech at all in this competition, and Hamonic is iffy at best for me nowadays so B because it is still good enough for a third pair.

G: Price has really lost some of his magic but this team might be good enough for him so A- but it's closer to a B+ than an A.

Overall, I like the idea I just think you committed so hard that it burnt you as you got more into the depth and for that it's worth a B+

Reactions: m0pe

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

:edmonton

Gabriel Landeskog
- Leon Draisaitl - Mikko Rantanen
Anders Lee - Anze Kopitar - Blake Wheeler
Nino Niederreiter
- Ryan Johansen - Alexander Radulov
Andreas Johnsson - Tyler Johnson - Kailer Yamamoto

Oscar Klefbom - Colton Parayko
Darnell Nurse
- Damon Severson
Noah Hanifin
- David Savard

Robin Lehner
Henrik Lundqvist

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
:edmonton

Gabriel Landeskog
- Leon Draisaitl - Mikko Rantanen
Anders Lee - Anze Kopitar - Blake Wheeler
Nino Niederreiter
- Ryan Johansen - Alexander Radulov
Andreas Johnsson - Tyler Johnson - Kailer Yamamoto

Oscar Klefbom - Colton Parayko
Darnell Nurse
- Damon Severson
Noah Hanifin
- David Savard

Robin Lehner
Henrik Lundqvist
I love that top line and the midget line is the perfect compliment to your line up :laugh:

Reactions: Llamamoto49

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I agree that my 4th is my weak point, but my top 9 makes up for it I guess.
Definitely, your top line is just unreal man

I actually do like that better. Horns would be a great fit with those 2, it also makes your 3rd line a lot better as well!
Here's all the looks I've thought about, what's everyones favourite?:
Parise-Malkin-Svechnikov
Hornqvist-Hischier-Rust

Hornqvist-Malkin-Rust
Parise-Hischier-Svechnikov

Gaudreau-Malkin-Svechnikov
Parise-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Hornqvist-Hischier-Rust