Super Team Tournament Mock Draft [VEGAS DECLARED CHAMPION]

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
@Makaveli when do we see matchups?

Also todays the last day so if you want to talk trades PM me asap, I'd like a bottom 6 LW/3rd pair RD/or a C if they're really good

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I found whenever I drafted to fill a position my pick was worse than the alternative in this

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
After talking it through here is what I'll run:
Svechnikov-Malkin-Rust
Gaudreau-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Parise-Hischier-Hornqvist
Mangiapane-Henrique-D. Brown

Josi-McAvoy
Theodore-Fox
Dunn-Johnson

Hellebuyck
Crawford

After changes:
Line 1: Malkin/Svech will just destroy pretty well any line together and you have that Russian connection, plus Rust on the right who Malkin had a ton of chemistry with and who went above a ppg with Malkin this year. Should be dominant.
Line 2: Jonny Hockey can go crazy passing to trigger man Bjork and Karlsson/Bjork ahem the Columbus familiarity, plus Danes and Swedes are similar enough right? Regardless the offence should be crazy.
Line 3: Parise to really drive the line, Hornqvist to bang home some big rebounds, and Hischier down the middle, I love this depth man. And now everyone's on their strong sides. I have an elite player (or more) on every line this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Any chance I could get some critiques on my super team?

I’ll offer some later as well once I’m done working.

:stars

Kyle Connor - Tyler Seguin - Artemi Panarin
Jakub Vrana - Tomas Hertl - Clayton Keller
Dominik Kubalik - Anthony Cirelli - Denis Gurianov
Tanner Pearson - Kevin Hayes - Gustav Nyquist

Jaccob Slavin - Rasmus Dahlin
Esa Lindell - Ryan Pulock
Devon Toews - Rasmus Andersson

John Gibson
Semyon Varlamov

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Any chance I could get some critiques on my super team?

I’ll offer some later as well once I’m done working.

:stars

Kyle Connor - Tyler Seguin - Artemi Panarin
Jakub Vrana - Tomas Hertl - Clayton Keller
Dominik Kubalik - Anthony Cirelli - Denis Gurianov
Tanner Pearson - Kevin Hayes - Gustav Nyquist

Jaccob Slavin - Rasmus Dahlin
Esa Lindell - Ryan Pulock
Devon Toews - Rasmus Andersson

John Gibson
Semyon Varlamov
Sure!
L1: I found another one of my favourite lines! I'm awarding the elusive A+ for this line, I just like all the parts, though I wonder if either Panarin or Connor are going to be able to replicate their seasons next season, nonetheless A+ based off this season and I love everything
L2: Ummm not A+, I think the line overall is fine, but that it's not quite the gamebreaking line 2 you want for this, nor does it have that game breaking star (yet) on it. It'll score for sure and it's not bad at all just your first line to this line is a big drop off, the pieces are all good though. For that I'd give it an A- but closer to a B+ than an A, I'm wondering how well this will click, so your top 6 overall is a low A but above A-. It's still one of my favourite top six groups though and it's extraordinarily dynamic
L3: While not spectacular, I like it a lot. Cirelli is really good two ways and just wins man, Kubalik can score and Gurianov is coming into his own. However, I feel like this is an NHL high end 3rd/low end 2nd line on a cup team and due to that it's only a B+. I think you could benefit by reorganizing your top 9 wing group to have different guys playing in different spots. Again another dynamic line though with real potential. This whole team is conflicting for me because I love it but I feel like somethings not quite meshing the way I'd want it too. Maybe try and flip for a two way winger with one of your extremely high skill ones since you have an abundance? B+ line (close to A-).
L4: I don't like this one. I feel Pearsons numbers were extremely inflated and that Nyquist isn't great though on the fourth line he's effective for this comp. Hayes on the 4th is also just cheating. For a fourth line it's a B+ because I don't trust 2/3rds the line but it isn't bad.

D1: Pretty good first pair, worth an A. I'd think you'd ideally want a true Norris contender for right now on it (oops sorry) but it's great nonetheless.
D2: I think this pair is a bit weaker than you'd want in this comp, it's a B+ for me. I don't love Pulock.
D3: This is an A for the third pair, more experience would be good but I won't dock you for it.

G: A+, perfect

Overall: A, this is a really good team and should be extremely dynamic and fun

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
L2: The reason is that this is an A+ line 2 in my books, I like the sum of the parts and think it'd be very fun.
Dude, his second line is terribly configured. Mike Hoffman is crap defensively, flies the zone early, and doesn't have great vision. He's a poacher.

Sean Monahan is not a good two-way centre whose vision and passing are simply "fine." His strengths are ghosting open and getting shots off.

So if they're together, then they need someone who is fantastic at transporting the puck and creating. Laine is underrated at this, but he can't carry two other players who are skewed so heavily to shooting. Laine isn't even on his best side!

They'd score goals, but look like they're struggling half the time and concede as many or more as they scored.

His first line is good, but his top six could be so much better with different combos.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If anyone here hasn't yet you should hop into Joeys new 31 team draft, there's only 4 spots left now

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Congratulations to the winner of The Super Team Tournament, @AveryStar4Eva !

:vegas

Ehlers - Scheifele - R. Smith
Kreider - O'Rielly - Pavelski
Bertuzzi - Duchene - Josh Bailey
Beauvillier - Coyle - C. Smith

Hedman - S. Weber
Schmidt - Niskanen
Skjei - Manson

Vasilevskiy
Khudobin

A big thank you to everyone who participated, this was a lot of fun! Some really fun teams, makes you think how the NHL would be with less teams.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Another super draft at some point in the next while would be fun, this one was super light. I'd love to do one of these in the bracket style talked about in the v3 thread.

Reactions: Makaveli

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hell yeah I’m in got a championship to defend
Just not sure if we should do 2 at once again but I found the 16 team one was pretty light last time, thinking preset bracket format again, with awards for best drafter at the end, no 3RR though because its only 16 teams

Honest question, open sign ups or some way to qualify:sarcasm:

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad