Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I'm not a fan of the kitchen sink approach this series has adopted. The first game had enough characters who fit together well enough on the screen despite coming from different games. Melee stretched it a bit, but it was still reasonable. Now you're supposed to know how to fight against 100 different characters and they often look silly fighting side by side with their different art styles.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don't understand why people hate Steve being in the game so much. Personally, he's the 2nd most excited I've been about a DLC character in this game, after B&K.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't understand why people hate Steve being in the game so much. Personally, he's the 2nd most excited I've been about a DLC character in this game, after B&K.

Never got into Minecraft. I imagine he's going to play like Game & Watch too, if I had to guess. Just not all that exciting of a character to me.

Reactions: MMC

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Because a lot of people didn't get the observe video game or anime character in their super serious fighting game.

These weird characters are the best part of Smash. Dante would be fun, but we really don't need more sword boys and everyone would have groaned at another Pokémon.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't hate Steve but at this point there are so many Nintendo characters I want to see in the game. I used to want third party characters for the variety, but I have gone back on that in recent times.

Unless Hollow Knight ever comes out, I'll get behind that whole-heartedly!

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Does everyone still hate Sonic or has he grown on you all like he has with me?

And how’s Minecraft Steve and Alex?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I could just never get into Sonic personally. I gave him a shot for a long while, he just never worked for me.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I feel like Steve is going to have a very polarizing matchup spread competitively. His edge guarding has the potential to just destroy some characters. I play some Cloud and its terrifying to imagine trying to recover against him. On the other hand I mostly play ZSS and can easily get around his BS and destroy him with his lack of range.

I was neutral on the announcement but I admit he's pretty fun to play. Reminds me a bit of Hero, I'm not sure he's good for the game but he's fun that I don't care.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
After playing more with/against him, I have to conclude Steve kinda sucks. Yeah if he has time to set up traps and edgeguards he can be great, but most of the time he's just overwhelmed by being too slow with no range.

4 slots left. My current wishlist that will never happen:

Crash
Kiryu
Jill Valentine
Rean Schwarzer

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
After playing more with/against him, I have to conclude Steve kinda sucks. Yeah if he has time to set up traps and edgeguards he can be great, but most of the time he's just overwhelmed by being too slow with no range.

4 slots left. My current wishlist that will never happen:

Crash
Kiryu
Rex/Pyra/Mythra combo
Rean Schwarzer

He’s boring to play with. Granted I’m not a Minecraft fan but he’s not that fun to move around with and use in general.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
As happy as I am to know they're going to announce a new fighter, I was kinda hoping they'd just surprise us. Then again, it does get people to tune in.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'm thinking its a 3rd party character if they're announcing like that. Hoping for Crash.

Not sure its going to calm down a fanbase thats upset with how Nintendo has been acting lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad