Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
current gen Pokémon and maybe Rex are the only ones I think are possible from that list.
A new Paper Mario game coming out for the Switch in July helps PM's chances a lot, long felt he should be in this game, could finally see it happening. Most deserving Mario character IMO.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Strictly as a fan of video games and not a huge Smash guy, I would enjoy seeing any of the following:

-Conker
-Crash Bandicoot
-Geralt of Rivia
-Master Chief or DOOM Guy
-Lara Croft
-Kratos
-Commander Shepard (ME could still release on Switch)
-Bomberman
-Gordon Freeman
-Spyro
-Overwatch heroes

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Other than a new Pokemon I really can't pinpoint any new characters. XB2 is a possibility since it kinda falls into the ARMS timeline, but other than that...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Playing Smash by myself has been surprisingly fun. Doing the tournaments with varying difficulties and trying out new characters to see which style works best for me has been pretty cool.

Is Smash online super laggy for everyone or is it just me?

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Good of them to temper expectations with a new character reveal, though I do wonder when the next one will be. Byleth came out back in January...

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Assuming it'll be at Nintendo's originally planned June direct which has since been postponed
Likely, though I've heard there are no directs planned at all. I'm guessing Paper Mario was supposed to be part of a direct too. I wouldn't be shocked if they just shadow dropped a trailer.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Looking forward to the accompanying balance patch almost as much as I am the Arms character. Game has needed a shakeup for awhile, hopefully this changes the meta.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If Arms is anything like the spirit-version in game then I think he'll be a fun character. It is surprising they've released so few characters lately though. You would've figured with the global lockdown that more and more people would be playing Smash and there'd be even more demand for new characters

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If Arms is anything like the spirit-version in game then I think he'll be a fun character. It is surprising they've released so few characters lately though. You would've figured with the global lockdown that more and more people would be playing Smash and there'd be even more demand for new characters
It sounded like there weren't originally plans to do more than one fighter's pass, and Sakurai has everyone working from home, which makes things more complicated.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
twintelle.png

I thought they'd go with this chick. :dunno:

Not that I really care much. I tried the free demo before it launched but that was about it.

The DLC characters are continually getting worse, but to be fair, thats only because they have already added almost anybody who matters.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It was obviously inevitable with an ARMS rep but still...another slow zoner. Looks even more extreme than Blyleth in that regard.

Please, for the love of God, give us another fast character at some point. Someone who encourages interaction instead of camping.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Some predictions for other DLC characters

- Xenoblade 2 rep (some combination of Rex/Pyra/Mythra, could be all 3 depending on how they design it)
- Paper Mario rep (I honestly don't know enough about the series to guess, but seems like a big Nintendo game this year)
- Crash (need some big 3rd party hype, completing the trio of Mario/Sonic/Crash for mid-90's platformers, Crash 4 announced)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad