Interest in Tavares?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
You don't think they can get a better deal than this?
That is just an example of the starting point to create cap space, then you add prospects and picks.

I don't know anything about their roster and what they need and obviously I have no idea what other 30 teams could offer and need.

Mr Nimbus

May 27, 2022
London
Hard no. He's a piece you add if you're close and he fills a need to win a cup. Not interested in a soon to be 34 year old who disappears in the playoffs and plays on an offensively stacked team. I do wonder if his stats are inflated due to being with 3 other fantastic offensive players. He's a last piece to me, not one of the main pieces to build around.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Hard no. He's a piece you add if you're close and he fills a need to win a cup. Not interested in a soon to be 34 year old who disappears in the playoffs and plays on an offensively stacked team. I do wonder if his stats are inflated due to being with 3 other fantastic offensive players. He's a last piece to me, not one of the main pieces to build around.
I think if the price is right, he instantly makes this team better.

He is no longer the same player he was 3-4 years ago, but he’s still a 2C with 30G potential who can play PP1 and help replace Ghost who hopefully isn’t on the roster next season.

Do I think he is worth his cap hit? No. But if I’m not mistaken he’s UFA after this year and I can see him being a cap dump more than anything. May be an interesting add especially if he comes with some sort of sweetener or if he’s available for cheap.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
In the right scenario, could it make sense for Detroit? Perhaps.

But I see Toronto having a long list of better options this summer before they get to anything resembling the right scenario for the Wings.

Reactions: SirloinUB

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Vegas it looks to be up against the cap and have a number of UFA's to sign. Mantha likely won't be one of them. Would you try and trade for Shea Theodore from Vegas?. He has one more year on a 5.2 million contract. Only issue is injuries over the last few years.

Last edited:

Mr Nimbus

May 27, 2022
London
I think if the price is right, he instantly makes this team better.

He is no longer the same player he was 3-4 years ago, but he’s still a 2C with 30G potential who can play PP1 and help replace Ghost who hopefully isn’t on the roster next season.

Do I think he is worth his cap hit? No. But if I’m not mistaken he’s UFA after this year and I can see him being a cap dump more than anything. May be an interesting add especially if he comes with some sort of sweetener or if he’s available for cheap.
If the price is right then sure. But I think they'd get way better offers than what I'd be willing to pay for him.

Reactions: 13to40
Vegas it looks to be up against the cap and have a number of UFA's to sign. Mantha likely won't be one of them. Would you try and trade for Shea Theodore from Vegas?. He has one more year on a 5.2 million contract. Only issue is injuries over the last few years.
Thought about that already. He'd solve the PP1 question instantly. Concern is injuries, but he is also not that good defensively as far as I know. And on defense I always have ASP on the radar who should come up in less than 2 years. And since you don't wanna put ASP and Theodore together he'd have to play with Mo on pair 1. That is a lot to ask. I'd lean "no" rn. Also because of age and the contract demands which will prob be like 7x7,5mil. But I don't hate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad