Post-Game Talk: Super Bowl LVII - Kansas City wins Super Bowl LVII

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
One of the best Sb games to watch in years. Two entertaining power teams going head to head.

NFL hit a home run with these two lining up.
All to be swept away by the ending. Prior to the sudden hold threshold change, it was a phenomenal game by two deserving teams. It would have been far better to see Philly with a chance to tie/win in 90 seconds even if they ended up short.

Reactions: Bradely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Regardless of how you feel about how that game ended, one thing should be very clear for Patriots fans. This team and roster is nowhere close to either the Chiefs or the Eagles. They’ve got a lot of work to do to get back to a championship level and I’m not sure Bill is the guy to get them there.
This was my takeaway as well. The Chiefs and Eagles are light years better than this current Patriots group.

Reactions: LSCII

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Ticky tac holding call at the end, it was real, just like holding on every play. Mahomes sold it by throwing the ball where no one could catch it, but close enough to make it look like impediment. If he led the pass to the WR, there is a good chance he would of caught it.
I forget if the WR would have made the 1st where the penalty happened. Smart QBs get calls like that.

I give Mahomes credit for the last scramble, balls out play by a winner.

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
PFF is vetted and partners with NFL who use their info just rated all QB on 32 teams with over 100 drop backs with a clean pocket. Mac Jones was rated 5th overall with 71% categorized as clean. 246 attempts completed 71.7 % 7.3 yards pass attempt with 11 TD and 3 picks (Smith & Agholor tipped 2)

Top 6
Burrow
Mahomes
Hurts
Lawrence
Mac
Allen

Patriots OL graded poorly

Brady was kept clean a full 10 % more then Mac

Jones big time throw % per PFF was higher than top 5

What PFF was Mac under seige because OL was poor

Matt Patricia was BOTH OC & OL coach

Belichick lucky he’s got 6 Lombardis

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Can't believe the colts get another #1 pick at QB after a quick throw away season. hovering around .500 forever can keep you in QB purgatory a long time

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Can't believe the colts get another #1 pick at QB after a quick throw away season. hovering around .500 forever can keep you in QB purgatory a long time
Because it's totally worked out so well for the Colts. Not like they are hanging division title banners or anything in place of SB banners

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
that can be said about many teams but at the end of the day a quick tank and a potential franchise QB on the way
Easier said than done. No guarantees you get the top pick. You have to actively try to lose games, which can cost players and coaches their job, not to mention ramifications from the league if they suspect you are tainting the integrity of the one field product.

You could end up like the Jets who knows basically have the stench of loser baked into their DNA from so many losing seasons and still have no QB to show.

You have to draft the right guy at the top of the draft, plenty of busts at QB that went top 5 in the last 20 years.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Easier said than done. No guarantees you get the top pick. You have to actively try to lose games, which can cost players and coaches their job, not to mention ramifications from the league if they suspect you are tainting the integrity of the one field product.

You could end up like the Jets who knows basically have the stench of loser baked into their DNA from so many losing seasons and still have no QB to show.

You have to draft the right guy at the top of the draft, plenty of busts at QB that went top 5 in the last 20 years.
look at Trevor Lawrence, already turned the Jags around and nobody cares to remember how they got him, how about Burrow

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Because it's totally worked out so well for the Colts. Not like they are hanging division title banners or anything in place of SB banners
Thing is, Andrew Luck carried that dysfunctional organization to several playoff appearances and even one AFCCG when they otherwise would've been a mess under some shitty coaching and questionable management. He was absolutely a gamechanger, and often gets forgotten when people talk about the best QBs of the generation because he walked away.

A truly elite QB can carry even the worst organizations to some level of success. All I know is that every day I'm glad that the 0-14 Jets decided to beat the Rams in a meaningless December game to hand Trevor Lawrence over to Jacksonville and get stuck with Zach Wilson instead.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
look at Trevor Lawrence, already turned the Jags around and nobody cares to remember how they got him, how about Burrow
The Jags have had one winning season since 2007, so sure, right now no one cares, because Trevor Lawrence looks like he might be able to play. But I'm sure the fans cared a lot when they had to suffer through 15 years of 3 and 4 win seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad