Post-Game Talk: Super Bowl LVII - Kansas City wins Super Bowl LVII

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't blame him. He was handed a shit show. We all crapped on Patricia and somehow expect Mac to be fine with it?

Publicly? Yes. He hasn't done shit in this league, and him constantly showing up his coaches during games set the worst kind of tone for everyone else. Patricia was the disaster many of us predicted, but maybe with a little bit more buy-in from our quarterback the offense is 5% better. That 5% probably gets them into the playoffs.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Point is you keep it behind closed doors and dont air it out on the sidelines. Especially a QB like Mac who hasnt done or proven a thing in the league
Lots of things get aired out on the sidelines in the NFL. Mac had himself a nice rookie season, took his team to the playoffs - so I'd say he's proved a little at least. Maybe had they had someone competent handling the offense these things don't happen. I'm sure the players could give us some gold on Matt P and his offense,..

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Mac was handed a 3-3 team after Zappe and did nothing with it

they pissed away the Oakland game. The officials screwed them against the Vikings. Had a chance to beat Cincy and fumbled that away. We're playing well in Buffalo, but special teams decided to take the week off.

I guess Mac wasn't the only one who did nothing with the 3-3 Zappe handed them..

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
they pissed away the Oakland game. The officials screwed them against the Vikings. Had a chance to beat Cincy and fumbled that away. We're playing well in Buffalo, but special teams decided to take the week off.

I guess Mac wasn't the only one who did nothing with the 3-3 Zappe handed them..

I thought it was all Patricia's fault?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Officials also screwed them in the Raiders game too. Everyone forgets that because of the massive boneheaded lateral play, but it shouldn't have got to that point because the tying TD was 1000% out of bounds.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
ya but you said you wanted to compete, and having Brady was the way to do that, the other option is rebuild
I'm not gonna argue that letting Brady go was a mistake.

The issue is how they go about the rebuild. I don't think they need to tank to rebuild.

Reactions: rfournier103

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Just a reminder, it's still ok to say Mac was a petulant child this year.

Shouting at someone in the heat of moment is not a big deal to me. The kid is invested and was frustrated by the lack of success the offense had.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Shouting at someone in the heat of moment is not a big deal to me. The kid is invested and was frustrated by the lack of success the offense had.
Brady yelled at players and coaches all the time when he was here, and nobody cared. It'd be hypocritical to get on Mac for that.

In the end, the lesson is that if you're good, yelling at people is leadership and motivation. If you're bad, it's immaturity and temper tantrums.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I thought it was all Macs fault?
No, the issue on here has been people are so quick to defend Mac Jones. The people being critical of Mac all acknowledge that Patricia sucks. But both can be true. Patricia sucked at his job and Mac was a child who also did not play very well.

That's fine, not a big deal to you. But I would think the fact it registered around the league is telling. Not your run of the mill disagreement with coaching.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Brady yelled at players and coaches all the time when he was here, and nobody cared. It'd be hypocritical to get on Mac for that.

In the end, the lesson is that if you're good, yelling at people is leadership and motivation. If you're bad, it's immaturity and temper tantrums.
Oh my god you can't possibly be making this comparison. Tom Brady to Mac Jones. When you are as accomplished as Brady that is when you get some latitude in regard to yelling etc. That's not being hypocritical. Mac Jones has accomplished nothing unless we want to count pro bowl alternate.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
No, the issue on here has been people are so quick to defend Mac Jones. The people being critical of Mac all acknowledge that Patricia sucks. But both can be true. Patricia sucked at his job and Mac was a child who also did not play very well.

That's fine, not a big deal to you. But I would think the fact it registered around the league is telling. Not your run of the mill disagreement with coaching.
Mac showed no signs of acting like a child his rookie season. It sure seems to me Patricia was incompetent and Mac couldn't deal with it.
Could Mac have handled it better? No doubt. Does it happen if they don't have Patricia handling the offense and someone competent running the show?
I don't think so.

I don't know what it registering around the league means, but I don't care. I recall people openly mocking the Patriots because they had a clown running the offense and it couldn't have been more predictable, that probably registered also for whatever that's worth..

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Didn't the guy with the original report refute that?

I think you are reading too far into nothing. Slow time of year for reporters

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Mac showed no signs of acting like a child his rookie season. It sure seems to me Patricia was incompetent and Mac couldn't deal with it.
Could Mac have handled it better? No doubt. Does it happen if they don't have Patricia handling the offense and someone competent running the show?
I don't think so.

I don't know what it registering around the league means, but I don't care. I recall people openly mocking the Patriots because they had a clown running the offense and it couldn't have been more predictable, that probably registered also for whatever that's worth..
Not my problem you don't know what it means. It was in the tweet earlier in this thread. Info from Jeff Darlington.

Anyway, it's great that Mac didn't act like a spoiled brat his rookie year--probably because things went as he preferred. But throw in a little adversity this year and he unraveled. He doesn't just get a pass for that regardless of who his OC is. Again, nobody is defending Matt Patricia on here. Mac defenders can't seem to grasp this.

I think you are reading too far into nothing. Slow time of year for reporters
I haven't made any declaration that Mac is done here or that Bill will trade him etc. Just acknowledging what happened last year. It wasn't a good look for anyone involved. But what's done is done. Mac gets this year to prove that he's back on the right track.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Not my problem you don't know what it means. It was in the tweet earlier in this thread. Info from Jeff Darlington.

Anyway, it's great that Mac didn't act like a spoiled brat his rookie year--probably because things went as he preferred. But throw in a little adversity this year and he unraveled. He doesn't just get a pass for that regardless of who his OC is. Again, nobody is defending Matt Patricia on here. Mac defenders can't seem to grasp this.

It doesn't mean donkey balls is what it means, but hey some dude tweeted something. A coach of another team also openly made fun of the Patriots offense. Mac sure could have handled himself better, the team could have also done a better job with this and IMO created the problem.

I guess that makes me a Mac defender. Seems his teammates have his back.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I very clearly remember reports during the 2002 season that some veterans weren't happy with a young player like Brady yelling at guys that season.

And he had just won a Super Bowl!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad