KC vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The way the Chiefs handled the end of game stuff was exactly correct. My heart stopped for a second when it looked like McKinnon was going to score the TD, but he did the right thing.

Reid still botched two fairly easy game management things (the first FG, not going for 2 to go up 9) that he would’ve gotten killed for if they lost. But, he so thoroughly pantsed Gannon and the Eagles defense it came out in the wash.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Sure, if you assume the refs wouldn’t f*** up 2 more blatant calls in the last 57 minutes of game play. The same crew that later ignored an obvious false start on SF and called it a fumble due to their ineptitude, which ended up being another 7 pts Philly didn’t earn legit.

I’m not as comfortable assuming a crew that performed as badly as this one iwould call the rest of any game well. I would rather they hire some refs that can call a good game in the moment than put the onus of their job on the coaches, especially when you only get 2-3 challenges a game.

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Romo

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With regards to the field I saw a video of Patrick Peterson and he mentioned prior to the game that the field he played on in AZ can be slick later in the year because if they leave the field outside overnight the temp drops drastically and causes moisture into the field.

Seems like something that they should have considered and wheeled the field back into the stadium on Saturday evening. I mean when the game is on a regular field that isn’t wheeled out like in AZ and in LV next year I doubt that they would let many people into the grass field so no reason to change that process for AZ.

NFL missed the boat of they didn’t consult the crew for the AZ Cardinals about the environmental conditions that could impact the field.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not the first time they played a Super Bowl on that field. They had one before, and the Cardinals hosted 3 playoff games in the past.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s not the first time they played a Super Bowl on that field. They had one before, and the Cardinals hosted 3 playoff games in the past.
Maybe a combo of this new grass vs what they used before and the environmental conditionals.

Seems odd that if they leave it out to get Sun that they didn’t check on the conditions of the field at the same time as the game in the mid to late afternoon to check how the footing would be in the days leading up to the game.

Super Bowl is a bad time to try a brand new untested grass type. Should have just stuck with what AZ Cardinals were using all season or use that new field for the entire season in AZ so that they can get insight on how the grass needed to be cared for during the season to have the best field they could for their biggest game.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe a combo of this new grass vs what they used before and the environmental conditionals.

Seems odd that if they leave it out to get Sun that they didn’t check on the conditions of the field at the same time as the game in the mid to late afternoon to check how the footing would be in the days leading up to the game.

Super Bowl is a bad time to try a brand new untested grass type. Should have just stuck with what AZ Cardinals were using all season or use that new field for the entire season in AZ so that they can get insight on how the grass needed to be cared for during the season to have the best field they could for their biggest game.
They get resodded pretty often so it was probably gone.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They get resodded pretty often so it was probably gone.
It was a new type of grass that they were using for the field. Different from what the Cardinals had been using from what they said out it. Just a bad decision to use something that wasn't used in a game in that stadium. Middle of an NFL field will always get chewed up by the Linemen and needs to be replaced or re-sodded during the season.

Like with the World Cup in 2026, there are games inside stadiums that have turf. I'd expect them to make sure that whatever type of grass they use in Dallas & LA, for example, that they actually play a friendly or something on that type of grass before playing the first world cup game on it.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Listening to Mahomes and Kelce try to pull the “no one believed in us” “They counted us out” “so much for rebuilding” card is pathetic. They opened the season with the third best odds to win the SuperBowl and were handed a bye and the easiest divisional round matchup they didn’t have to actually earn. I won’t even get into the game itself being decided by something they didn’t call all damn day.

Motherf***er they didn’t just believe in you they put it on a goddamned platter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kinda wrapping things up here with some of the things I heard this week on the radio from Eagles fans and other personalities.

-Place the loss squarely on the defense and specifically Gannon for the most part. Being beaten for touchdowns on the same play twice will never be lived down.

-Some players that seemed to insinuate that they felt the game got out of their control when they kicked the field goal to go up 27-21 instead of going for it. Chiefs came back and scored to take the lead. Also that the Eagles should’ve went for it on 4th & 3 on their own 33, which is the last punt that produced the return. The Chiefs hadn’t established they could stop Hurts and even if they did, they score faster and get Hurts the ball back (which happened anyway?)

-Trying not to launch into conspiracy theories about the field and how the Chiefs never changed their cleats and the sodfather is a documented Chiefs fan (he placed the blame on the stage being left on the field for rehearsals since Wednesday and said the field needed more sand as a result.) someone at barstool or something is supposedly doing a forensic investigation (or so they say)

-Bradberry admitting that was a penalty went a long way, but calling it was inconsistent with how the game was called.

-Mahomes was never hurt (lol)

-Jalen Hurts is that guy. He is the type of guy who will take 10-20 million below market value to keep the team in tact. (lmao)

-There was no way that the Sanders non-catch could be ruled a fumble once they established that DeVonta also did not catch that ball. This is probably the most right thing but doubt it gets remembered.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I want to know if the Eagles ever ran that corn dog play in practice. It was in Doug's playbook because he beat them with it. Sirianni is on the tree. You get beat once and guess wrong, ok. Twice though? With 2 weeks to prepare? That's like a slap in the face. KC had to be laughing it up on the sideline. That told almost everything I needed to know about Gannon.
To be fair, they did adjust in the second corndog play, that was just shitty execution by the corner. He started drifting inside for reasons unknown.

On the first play Slay got too casual with his hand off and overcommitted to replacing the safety, but on the second one the Eagles were in cover zero, so the corner was responsible for Moore the whole way but lost focus.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You're taking two completely unrelated events and acting as if they had an effect on the other. Who the hell knows whether Purdy gets injured if the play is called back but to pretend one had a direct effect on the other is really flawed and that's putting it kindly.
Who knows if he gets hurt or not is exactly the point, but you’d rather gloss over that point because of the poster and not the post. Sad.

Calls have big time cause and effects which are why people want officials that can make obvious calls on the field like the one I keep referring to.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00