NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVI: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) Cincinnati Bengals

LAR vs CIN

• Total voters

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To be fair isn't downtown LA always dead

From my understanding it's one of the most lackluster downtown areas in NA with regard to a big city

I dont recall even Laker celebrations being that big there

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
To be fair isn't downtown LA always dead

From my understanding it's one of the most lackluster downtown areas in NA with regard to a big city

I dont recall even Laker celebrations being that big there
i wouldn't say it's always dead, but it's not the main touristy area of LA which is why it's not as busy as other downtowns. most tourists who come to LA go to hollywood, santa monica, beverly hills, the beach, etc

the 2001 and 2002 lakers championship celebrations were held downtown and it was massive. 2009 they held it at the coliseum because so many people attended (i think 90k) i believe 2010 was downtown again but can't remember

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Ouch

upload_2022-2-17_9-52-56.jpeg

Reactions: DoyleG

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That's a tough crowd to be with

I checked to see who was the QB that broke that backwards streak and it’s Jim Kelly who of course did make it back but…

Then I went the rest of the way back and only five QBs to lose their first SB ever made it back, and only 3 - Elway, Griese and Len Dawson - won. Tarkenton was the other.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
There is no excuse for their lack of support at the SB parade
They've been in LA for six years. Of course they're not going to have a following comparable in size to other teams who have been in the same city for decades and decades

Watch clips of any of the Lakers title celebrations and tell me LA is a "sorry sports city." I can't even imagine how massive a Dodgers celebration would've been

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

Photographer falls and breaks her spine, Stafford is like "oh man" and walks away. Yeah it's not like he can do much but vanishing immediately is quite lame.

He was drunk af. I was there at the rally. When he came to speak to the crowd, he could barely finish a sentence. Oh yeah, the crowd wasn’t dead. Another case of armchair quarterbacking based on what they see on TV. Classic HFboards. I was late for the parade because there was absolutely no parking and had to walk 10 blocks just to get to the rally.

And @DangleCity, you are quite stupid for saying that. And when some moron like Daniel Luna gets KFTO, LA fans are just classless thugs that take sports too seriously and LA should be a feared city to visit for any visiting away fans. Well, which one is it? Lack of support my ass. Get the f*** outta here.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Photographer falls and breaks her spine, Stafford is like "oh man" and walks away. Yeah it's not like he can do much but vanishing immediately is quite lame.

He can’t do anything medically for her. But you go down and check in her and tell her help is coming. But, that’s assuming he was sober at this time.

If he’s pretty hammered or wasted them he’s more of a danger than being of any help.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They've been in LA for six years. Of course they're not going to have a following comparable in size to other teams who have been in the same city for decades and decades

Watch clips of any of the Lakers title celebrations and tell me LA is a "sorry sports city." I can't even imagine how massive a Dodgers celebration would've been
Theyteam was there for 50 years before they spent 20 years in St. Louis. It's not a new team. Sure the Lakers have a good following. Their a one sport town though and that makes them a bad sports town on top of it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Theyteam was there for 50 years before they spent 20 years in St. Louis. It's not a new team. Sure the Lakers have a good following. Their a one sport town though and that makes them a bad sports town on top of it.
you think every rams fan from before they moved to STL stayed a rams fan all these years? that's hilarious

when teams relocate people tend to start following other teams. not to mention all those kids born in the mid 80s and onwards who grew up without a pro football team in town and root for other teams as a result

and are you really going to ignore how massive the dodgers fanbase is? it's probably bigger than the lakers fanbase. or do you just not follow baseball?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
you think every rams fan from before they moved to STL stayed a rams fan all these years? that's hilarious

when teams relocate people tend to start following other teams. not to mention all those kids born in the mid 80s and onwards who grew up without a pro football team in town and root for other teams as a result

and are you really going to ignore how massive the dodgers fanbase is? it's probably bigger than the lakers fanbase. or do you just not follow baseball?
For tons, moving to Anaheim was enough to give them up, especially once the Raiders took their place in the Coliseum.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
For tons, moving to Anaheim was enough to give them up, especially once the Raiders took their place in the Coliseum.
yeah, the rams became OC's team after that. when you thought of LA teams back then it was the dodgers, lakers, and raiders. the rams fell out of that category once they moved to anaheim and the vast majority of their fanbase was in OC

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Seeing videos of the Rams parade…it is so dead. There’s more people welcoming the Bengals home than celebrating the Rams win

Jim Rome was hilarious talking about the parade, more people in the parade than at the parade..more port-o-potties than people..sad

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
112 million people watched the super bowl. A game with teams who combined to win 1 super bowl ever

last year 94 million watched Brady vs. Mahomes.

In case there are some who think politics or whatever made people go away

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad