NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVI: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) Cincinnati Bengals

LAR vs CIN

• Total voters

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It may have been addressed already in here but I missed it….

did the Bengals do anything offensively after the play where Donald pushed Burrow outbid bounds and there was a little dust-up after? I feel like that was after the INT and the Bengals subsequently kicked the FG but were already in position and then did next to nothing rest of game.
Bengals OL gave a couple of shots to the head of the Rams DL on the sidelines. They were lucky not to get flagged for unnecessary roughness there. One thing to not call shoves to the shoulder or chest but once you make contact to the head that will normally draw a flag. Bengals were indisciplined post whistle last night.

Reactions: bsu

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Bengals OL gave a couple of shots to the head of the Rams DL on the sidelines. They were lucky not to get flagged for unnecessary roughness there. One thing to not call shoves to the shoulder or chest but once you make contact to the head that will normally draw a flag. Bengals were indisciplined post whistle last night.

I recall the play and what happened, I was just trying to figure out if that might have marked the moment when the Rams D kicked into a higher gear and shut the Bengals down. But I don't recall exactly the sequence.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I recall the play and what happened, I was just trying to figure out if that might have marked the moment when the Rams D kicked into a higher gear and shut the Bengals down. But I don't recall exactly the sequence.
No, the Bengals did absolutely nothing after that sequence. Burrow proceeded to get sacked because Donald bull-rushed the offensive lineman right into Burrow, and they settled for a field goal. After that, it was all Rams and, more specifically, all Donald.

Collinsworth was saying it immediately after it happened: why wake up the beast? You've had him relatively contained all night long, now you just pissed him off and it was evident immediately following the dust-up that Donald found another gear.

Just stupid on the part of the Bengals. Burrow was fine, you don't need to attack Donald after that. It was a perfectly legal shove, too. Not like Burrow was out of bounds and it happened. Maybe if Donald doesn't push him out, Burrow continues on down the field for more yards. Stupid, stupid play on the part of the Bengals.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No, the Bengals did absolutely nothing after that sequence. Burrow proceeded to get sacked because Donald bull-rushed the offensive lineman right into Burrow, and they settled for a field goal. After that, it was all Rams and, more specifically, all Donald.

Collinsworth was saying it immediately after it happened: why wake up the beast? You've had him relatively contained all night long, now you just pissed him off and it was evident immediately following the dust-up that Donald found another gear.

Just stupid on the part of the Bengals. Burrow was fine, you don't need to attack Donald after that. It was a perfectly legal shove, too. Not like Burrow was out of bounds and it happened. Maybe if Donald doesn't push him out, Burrow continues on down the field for more yards. Stupid, stupid play on the part of the Bengals.

I wondered if that play might have triggered the bump in play on the part of the Rams' D. I didn't hear the Collinsworth comment. But that the shut down of the Bengals' O came from that play on is definitely a thing if that's indeed how it went down.

Thanks.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wondered if that play might have triggered the bump in play on the part of the Rams' D. I didn't hear the Collinsworth comment. But that the shut down of the Bengals' O came from that play on is definitely a thing if that's indeed how it went down.

Thanks.
That and a change of tactics by the DC and DL
Coaches to try more stunts. Rams put someone over the Center so that the C couldn’t just slide right away to help on Donald. So you have a ticked off AD and a change in scheme that occurred.

Reactions: tacogeoff

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
They absolutely dribble out the clock at the end of a basketball game. They do it in hockey as well. I've seen teams play out the last handful of seconds behind the net when a game is in hand.
Yes you can attempt to run out the clock but possession is always up for grabs. You cant just take a knee and end the game.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yup, he could have left at any moment and nobody would have faulted him. Glad he got a ring while still playing at a high level.

He was getting in 1st ballot before last night. Not sure if he retires now or keeps going.

Insane. I also thought he had more than 8 seasons under his belt which makes this even more impressive.

Aaron Donald is top 10 all time defensive linemen.
He’s in the same category as Reggie White, Bruce Smith, ‘Mean’ Joe Greene. If Donald wants to play a few more years and get more stats/Chase another right…god bless him cause he’s earned it.

Reactions: Voight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Aaron Donald is top 10 all time defensive linemen.
He’s in the same category as Reggie White, Bruce Smith, ‘Mean’ Joe Greene. If Donald wants to play a few more years and get more stats/Chase another right…god bless him cause he’s earned it.

He's probably legitimately the best DT to ever play. Most DTs are just there to fill space but Donald causes a near superhuman amount of disruption from that spot.

The league will be much worse off if he decides to call it quits. Wouldn't blame him one bit either given he has the accolades and the money already. Guys like him are banging their heads every play. Get out while you can.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
seeing a bunch of players dunking all over eli apple on twitter is hilarious

funny he thinks he can open his mouth

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
He's probably legitimately the best DT to ever play. Most DTs are just there to fill space but Donald causes a near superhuman amount of disruption from that spot.

The league will be much worse off if he decides to call it quits. Wouldn't blame him one bit either given he has the accolades and the money already. Guys like him are banging their heads every play. Get out while you can.

The only other DT that comes to mind as a true disruptor is Warren Sapp. But Donald is on a different level

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

One could argue they would be better off without him ransacking their O Lines :naughty:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

The only other DT that comes to mind as a true disruptor is Warren Sapp. But Donald is on a different level

Donald is great. An all-timer.

but these posts forget that Joe Greene was a tackle. Alan Page, too.

Last edited:

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I still can’t believe they called a hold that had no impact when the defender knocked away the pass. McVey also looks 55. I’m 40 and I’d never guess the guy was younger than me. Stafford’s wife also looks 50
It was a four yard penalty on third down, they scored on the next play which was wiped out by penalties on both teams, and then got a TD that counted on the next play. If there was no original penalty, Eli Apple probably still would have been burned for a TD on 4th down.

i don't think this game is as close as it was if OBJ doesn't get injured. bengals had no answer for him
I agree. The Rams got what they needed from Beckham. If he played in the second half, that ass-clown would have done at least two really stupid things to help the Bengals win.

Last edited:

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Seeing videos of the Rams parade…it is so dead. There’s more people welcoming the Bengals home than celebrating the Rams win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad