NFL GDT: Super Bowl LV: (NFC) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs

KC vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
I am a packers fan that feels like Green Bay got massively screwed in their comeback attempt. That said, I am a packers fan that realizes all the failings my own team committed. Coming in to today I felt confident Green Bay would go to the super bowl and put on a classic with KC, where last team with ball would win like 38-35. After today I feel like if Green Bay pulled it off against tampa they would have lost to KC by a couple scores, like 38-24. I didn’t like Lafleur kicking the fg late and I didn’t like Rodgers not “elway-ing” it on the play before.

Like Vince once said: "Brett screwed Brett".

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Like Vince once said: "Brett screwed Brett".
I’m not sure what you mean exactly 100 percent but what I am saying is Rodgers gor picked off on a should be penalty extremely similar to the penalty tampa benefited on to get the game ending penalty. Green Bay got screwed out of an opportunity for one final drive, based on nearly the same play getting called on Green Bay but not on tampa bay.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Play calling and two drops did him in. Brady looked ok.

Arians/Leftwich forcing the ball downfield on second and long up by 11 was dumb as hell.

I think KC are the favourites, but it should be close.

I'd love for Brady to complete the Brees/Rodgers/Mahomes gauntlet. At 43, man, that would be crazy.

If their two safeties are out, I wonder how the Bucs can have a chance against Hill and Kelce. They'll take away the running game and get to Mahomes a few times... but can they slow the two targets enough. That's tough to say.

This is...not true. I'm aware Brady has some crazy fans who never admit when he plays bad, but that second half was as bad as it gets. After a TD, a crazy one play, 4 yard drive, Brady threw interceptions on three straight drives. I don't want to hear the play-calling excuse, as we've been told all year how Brady is making calls and doing a lot of coaching in Tampa this season.

Just because he's Brady, doesn't mean he gets a pass as 'looking ok'. Any other QB would be crucified for that half. He got bailed out by refs.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
I’m not sure what you mean exactly 100 percent but what I am saying is Rodgers gor picked off on a should be penalty extremely similar to the penalty tampa benefited on to get the game ending penalty. Green Bay got screwed out of an opportunity for one final drive, based on nearly the same play getting called on Green Bay but not on tampa bay.

Don't want to hear whining about officiating. For years, Green Bay has gotten home cooking from the referees. Hell, the NFL changed rules because Erin got KO'd by Anthony Barr. Regardless, Green Bay lost because they played like shit and didn't capitalize on Tampa's offensive mistakes. Green Bay lost because, even when Tampa was trying to give them a chance, they couldn't execute basic math.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Don't want to hear whining about officiating. For years, Green Bay has gotten home cooking from the referees. Hell, the NFL changed rules because Erin got KO'd by Anthony Barr. Regardless, Green Bay lost because they played like shit and didn't capitalize on Tampa's offensive mistakes. Green Bay lost because, even when Tampa was trying to give them a chance, they couldn't execute basic math.
Green Bay sucked. I don’t argue that. But they got the wrong end of the few couple things that got called, when it shouldn’t have been one sided.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
Green Bay sucked. I don’t argue that. But they got the wrong end of the few couple things that got called, when it shouldn’t have been one sided.

It wasn't one-sided. Green Bay fans just hand-select the calls and no-calls that conveniently benefit their Packers. But as they say, you go for the knockout...you don't leave the fight in the hands of the judges and their scorecards.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
It wasn't one-sided. Green Bay fans just hand-select the calls and no-calls that conveniently benefit their Packers. But as they say, you go for the knockout...you don't leave the fight in the hands of the judges and their scorecards.
I again am ceding that Green Bay contributed a lot to their demise. It’s just hard to take that the refs finally took a stand against injustice when the pivotal play game.

Anyway, bedtime. Work is less than 6 hours away. Enjoy your evening.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
I again am ceding that Green Bay contributed a lot to their demise. It’s just hard to take that the refs finally took a stand against injustice when the pivotal play game.

Anyway, bedtime. Work is less than 6 hours away. Enjoy your evening.

The Refs didn't blow coverage in the 1st half. The Refs didn't sack Rodgers multiple times in the 2nd half. Just stop with that "The Refs" excuse. It's a bad look dude.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
This is...not true. I'm aware Brady has some crazy fans who never admit when he plays bad, but that second half was as bad as it gets. After a TD, a crazy one play, 4 yard drive, Brady threw interceptions on three straight drives. I don't want to hear the play-calling excuse, as we've been told all year how Brady is making calls and doing a lot of coaching in Tampa this season.

Just because he's Brady, doesn't mean he gets a pass as 'looking ok'. Any other QB would be crucified for that half. He got bailed out by refs.
What a bunch of bs, "bailed out by the refs" lol. More salt I see. Brady threw a few bad passes( the one pick was bad, one was a very catchable ball that Evans usually comes down with and the other Fournette lined up wrong and didn't make a chip block that caused a hurried throw a second early that also may have been altered from the hit. He also overthrew Godwin on what would've been an easy 1st down). He had at least 7 dropped passes on excellent throws to usually sure handed receivers(aside from maybe Fournette), so while it wasn't his best game as a Buc, it was far from a bad one. He wasn't bailed out by the refs either, the Packers simply blew it by not converting on multiple chances off turnovers and twice in the red zone when they settled for field goals.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
What a bunch of bs, "bailed out by the refs" lol. More salt I see. Brady threw a few bad passes( the one pick was bad, one was a very catchable ball that Evans usually comes down with and the other Fournette lined up wrong and didn't make a chip block that caused a hurried throw a second early that also may have been altered from the hit. He also overthrew Godwin on what would've been an easy 1st down). He had at least 7 dropped passes on excellent throws to usually sure handed receivers(aside from maybe Fournette), so while it wasn't his best game as a Buc, it was far from a bad one. He wasn't bailed out by the refs either, the Packers simply blew it by not converting on multiple chances off turnovers and twice in the red zone when they settled for field goals.

“Let’s throw the blame on literally everyone except Brady” is what I got from that.

He was absolutely bailed out by the refs. The Packers were held and obstructed their entire final drive and the refs put the whistle away. Then, they call DPI on an uncatchable ball the second there’s contact.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
These next 2 weeks are gonna be insufferable with all the blowviating about how Brady walks on water

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
KC has a massive advantage at qb don’t @ me.

This isn’t even a hot take. Brady of 2021 is not remotely Brady of the late 2000s and 2010s.

see how KC fares on D against a team that can run the ball.

They seemed to do fine against the Browns...

TB was also bottom 5 in the league running the ball this season (total yards, bottom 10 in yds/play) so I’m not sure why people are going on about them being an elite run team.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
“Let’s throw the blame on literally everyone except Brady” is what I got from that.

He was absolutely bailed out by the refs. The Packers were held and obstructed their entire final drive and the refs put the whistle away. Then, they call DPI on an uncatchable ball the second there’s contact.

Brady wasn't good yesterday. He was ok. Maybe even below ok. That won't cut it against KC. They need to be near perfect to win this game. No drops to kill drives. No ducks by Brady.

There's very little chance his defense will bail him out with three turnovers against KC. Speaking of his defense, Bowles will need to come up with some sort of game plan that affects Mahomes. Not liking their chances since Mahomes hasn't had a terrible game as an NFL starter. Hell, he's never lost by more than one score. That's unheard of. Three years. No losses by more than 8 points.

TB can win. But they have no room for error.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Tampa's only chance is that KC's o line is beat up and JPP and Shaq Barrett have been a wrecking crew. If they can get home with 4, they have a chance.

Andy Reid is so smart though, so he'll scheme to get it out quick too. I have trouble seeing TB winning this.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Want the Chiefs to win, but fun-killer Thomas Edward Patrick Walt Coleman Gisele Brady Bundchen will probably win with God's approval. Because God wins in the end. The stars align, key players(Fisher) get injured, coordinators go full stupid, some guy named Dee Ford lines up offside, The Tuck Rule. The guy gets breaks alright, lots of them.

(If only Chris Godwin was a big name 15 years ago, the 4kids would not have censored Rex Godwin to Rex Goodwin in the anime Yu-gi-oh! 5Ds. )

P.S.S I hope Godwin gets his butterfingers back.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Brady wasn't good yesterday. He was ok. Maybe even below ok. That won't cut it against KC. They need to be near perfect to win this game. No drops to kill drives. No ducks by Brady.

There's very little chance his defense will bail him out with three turnovers against KC. Speaking of his defense, Bowles will need to come up with some sort of game plan that affects Mahomes. Not liking their chances since Mahomes hasn't had a terrible game as an NFL starter. Hell, he's never lost by more than one score. That's unheard of. Three years. No losses by more than 8 points.

TB can win. But they have no room for error.
Spags ruined Brady's bid for perfection. Here's hoping he'll pull the rabbit out of the hat again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa's only chance is that KC's o line is beat up and JPP and Shaq Barrett have been a wrecking crew. If they can get home with 4, they have a chance.

Andy Reid is so smart though, so he'll scheme to get it out quick too. I have trouble seeing TB winning this.
What’s this only chance stuff? In the first meeting, they spotted KC 17 points and gave up like a thousand yards to tyreek hill and still had a shot to win. They’re playing better now than they were then. In fact, that was the last time they lost.

This is the super bowl, Chiefs have played almost every game tight, no such thing as one way to win.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
What’s this only chance stuff? In the first meeting, they spotted KC 17 points and gave up like a thousand yards to tyreek hill and still had a shot to win. They’re playing better now than they were then. In fact, that was the last time they lost.

This is the super bowl, Chiefs have played almost every game tight, no such thing as one way to win.
KC's lost one game in the last what, 30 (not including backups)?

If TB doesn't generate pressure with 4 they're not winning imo. Brady can't throw 3 picks again. Everything is going to have to go right for the Bucs to win.

Again, just my opinion and I do think the matchup at the line favours the Bucs and is really their opportunity to win, if they're not generating pressure consistently they are toast.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I was telling a friend before the KC game was over last night: I said if the early line was anyting less than -6.5 Kansas City I would be all over that. The same still rings true.

GO CHIEEEEEEEEFS! :wave:
I think part of the in my mind the low number is that it's a home game for Tampa.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5