NFL GDT: Super Bowl LV: (NFC) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs

KC vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Brady gets a million if they win the Super Bowl. I wonder how much he is giving to the officials???

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Unlike TB's last SB appearance, I don't think their defense will be as dominant since Arians doesn't know KC inside out ala Gruden and the Raiders

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Unlike TB's last SB appearance, I don't think their defense will be as dominant since Arians doesn't know KC inside out ala Gruden and the Raiders
That was something else. Callahan really needed to account for that a lot better than he did. I've always wondered if too much was made of that though since that Bucs defence was just flat out dominant regardless.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
That was something else. Callahan really needed to account for that a lot better than he did. I've always wondered if too much was made of that though since that Bucs defence was just flat out dominant regardless.

The Bucs could have started Rob Johnson at QB that day and still won

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This obviously isn't as rare as I thought.

The Giants one is especially awesome because they avenged defeats in both the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl
I watched the 1990 NFC championship game soon. The Niners were so close to getting to three straight Super Bowls with a chance a three peat. Leonard Marshall knocked Montanta out for about 2 years and Roger Craig fumbled. The Chiefs could potentially be going for this feat next year. Got to win in two weeks obviously.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
The Chiefs remain the best team in the league but I won't assume anything. They're playing the GOAT, who doesn't have to travel to play this game. I learned my lesson in Super Bowl XLI. Give me Bucs with the spread.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
when was the last time a city's NFL, MLB, and NHL team all reached the finals? has it ever happened?

great time to be a TB sports fan

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I saw nothing today that tells me TB is on the Chiefs level.

More drops
Penalties
Picks

Sure, the Bucs defense bailed Brady out. But it's not going to be enough against a team that scores a TD on virtually every possession.

41-24 Chiefs.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Whatever the Bucs pass defense did in the first game vs KC........... they need to do the opposite of that

Last edited:

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I think this is a case where there will be a massive letdown. The game gets hyped like almost none before, and Kansas City wins in really anticlimactic fashion.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think this is a case where there will be a massive letdown. The game gets hyped like almost none before, and Kansas City wins in really anticlimactic fashion.

This is where I'm at.

TB is just too spotty on offense. Drops. Penalties. You name it. I don't see how they are capable of scoring a TD on every possession. Which is what it would take against KC.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
when was the last time a city's NFL, MLB, and NHL team all reached the finals? has it ever happened?

great time to be a TB sports fan
Boston had the GOAT run on league finals/championship appearances

Bruins: 2011, 2013, 2019
Celtics: 2008, 2010
Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Red Sox: 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
This is where I'm at.

TB is just too spotty on offense. Drops. Penalties. You name it. I don't see how they are capable of scoring a TD on every possession. Which is what it would take against KC.
I am a packers fan that feels like Green Bay got massively screwed in their comeback attempt. That said, I am a packers fan that realizes all the failings my own team committed. Coming in to today I felt confident Green Bay would go to the super bowl and put on a classic with KC, where last team with ball would win like 38-35. After today I feel like if Green Bay pulled it off against tampa they would have lost to KC by a couple scores, like 38-24. I didn’t like Lafleur kicking the fg late and I didn’t like Rodgers not “elway-ing” it on the play before.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I am a packers fan that feels like Green Bay got massively screwed in their comeback attempt. That said, I am a packers fan that realizes all the failings my own team committed. Coming in to today I felt confident Green Bay would go to the super bowl and put on a classic with KC, where last team with ball would win like 38-35. After today I feel like if Green Bay pulled it off against tampa they would have lost to KC by a couple scores, like 38-24. I didn’t like Lafleur kicking the fg late and I didn’t like Rodgers not “elway-ing” it on the play before.

Packers offense cost them more than defense. And that's the shame of it all. Their strength was a weakness.

Multiple times their defense picked Brady off. The offense got the ball down five. And did nothing.

I think Rodgers legacy would've been better off getting to, and losing a SB. Compared to losing the title game at home. As the favorite.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Packers offense cost them more than defense. And that's the shame of it all. Their strength was a weakness.

Multiple times their defense picked Brady off. The offense got the ball down five. And did nothing.

I think Rodgers legacy would've been better off getting to, and losing a SB. Compared to losing the title game at home. As the favorite.
I don’t think there is any question that Rodgers’ legacy suffers more now than losing to the chiefs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad