Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LIII - BEAT LA!!!!!!!! - Welcome to Canton, Ohio TY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jets new uniforms leaked. Love the Kelly green, but those numbers are an embarrassment and the helmets look like the 80s Eagles

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I saw the video on the news. He nailed that poor bastard and then gloated about it on camera.
What a POS

At first glance, that’s what I thought as well, but apparently Adams is now saying he was just trying to have some fun. Not sure if that’s just spin, or if he was being truthful? There seems to be a bunch of conflicting reports?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Super Bowl Career Passer Rating
1.Joe Montana • 4G127.8
2.Jim Plunkett • 2G122.8
3.Russell Wilson • 2G117.4
4.Terry Bradshaw • 4G112.8
5.Troy Aikman • 3G111.9
6.Nick Foles • 1G106.1
7.Bart Starr • 2G106
8.Tom Brady • 8G98
9.Brett Favre • 2G97.6
10.Kurt Warner • 3G96.7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Four of the ten guys on this list (Montana, Plunkett, Bradshaw, Starr) played all of their careers without a salary cap. Aikman played about half of his without a Cap.

The continuity teams like the Steelers, Niners and Cowboys had before the Cap forced teams to let star players go was HUGE.

Check out the offensive line that Bradshaw got to play with in the 70’s:

Pittsburgh Steelers Historical Starting Lineups | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Or Montana’s offensive personnel:

San Francisco 49ers Historical Starting Lineups | Pro-Football-Reference.com

For me, it cannot be stressed enough how the Patriots (and Brady) have managed to prosper for almost 20 years in a league designed for parity by rewarding the weaker teams.

Brady has done more with less than any other QB in NFL history.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think Goff will have a gameplan similar to that of the Jags and Eagles last year. I think Goff will get rid of the ball quickly and spread it around. Hope the Pats can get off the field on 3rd down.

they might, but I dont see their receivers getting the immediate separation needed to run that offense.

The Patriots got up on the line and jammed KC all night, I expect them to do the same to the Rams. Especially since their best WR, Cooks, is small and vulnerable to being pushed around.

The Eagles could do it because of Ertz and Jeffrey being physical enough to beat a jam off the line

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Jets new uniforms leaked. Love the Kelly green, but those numbers are an embarrassment and the helmets look like the 80s Eagles

These are hideous.

These are way better. Why change a good thing?
upload_2019-1-25_9-44-12.png

Even going back to this would be better...
upload_2019-1-25_9-44-59.png

Pro sports franchises love fixing what isn’t broken.

Idiots.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
they might, but I dont see their receivers getting the immediate separation needed to run that offense.

The Patriots got up on the line and jammed KC all night, I expect them to do the same to the Rams. Especially since their best WR, Cooks, is small and vulnerable to being pushed around.

The Eagles could do it because of Ertz and Jeffrey being physical enough to beat a jam off the line
LA not really having an effective TE passing game really hurts them here I think.

They are going to play a ton of dime.

I'd assume Gilmore gets Woods in man coverage.

They'll probably deploy the Crossen/Jones tandem on Cooks like they did against Hill, and shift Jackson onto Reynolds with safety help, leaving Van Noy and the Chung to prevent Gurley/TE.

I think NE matches up really well against LA defensively the more I look at it.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Every year there are 7 playoff games if we exclude the wild cards. Since 2001 (and excluding 2008 when Brady had no chance even making the playoffs), that makes 118 (119 with SB LIII). Brady has won 27 of them (and two wild card games), which is 22.9% of all non-WC playoff games in seasons Brady has played in that have had Brady as their victor. Remove the ones he couldn't possibly have played in (all NFC games, one AFC divisional) and it's 54%. TB12 fatigue is quite understandable. :laugh:

Reactions: rfournier103

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
IMO, the spread of that in the locker room would have been the responsibility of whoever the person is whose job it is to clean and disinfect it after each use, cleaning and disinfecting the equipment, etc., etc. That is where protocols weren't followed and what allowed that to spread like it did.
Not for nothing, but the MR in MRSA is for Methicillin-Resistant. So stopping MRSA isn't just as simple as cleaning and disinfecting the equipment. That's why MRSA is so hard to stop, regular disinfectants don't touch it.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
LA not really having an effective TE passing game really hurts them here I think.

They are going to play a ton of dime.

I'd assume Gilmore gets Woods in man coverage.

They'll probably deploy the Crossen/Jones tandem on Cooks like they did against Hill, and shift Jackson onto Reynolds with safety help, leaving Van Noy and the Chung to prevent Gurley/TE.

I think NE matches up really well against LA defensively the more I look at it.

The Rams have been incorporating both of their talented tight ends more and more as the season has gone on. There is no easy way to defend their passing attack, similar to the Pats except the Rams have the more explosive receivers.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Rams D has a lot of big “names”, but they have been inconsistent and are past the middle of the pack for points allowed (19th) in 2018. The Patriots were 10th.

Last week’s opponent, KC, was 24th, but the week before, the Chargers were 11th and the Patriots put 41 on them.
They are still quite a bit better than KC, which was my point. I trust in the Patriots' staff to put together a good gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad