• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
My big takeaway from the game, is that with the Eagles defense getting torn apart by Brady, Nick Foles stood in there, went shot-for-shot, blow-for-blow and basically score-for-score and straight up just beat Tom Brady. No frills, no funny business, no ridiculousness or stupidity. He just beat him. Brady laid in all his best shots, and it just wasn't enough. And that wasn't in the script for the Eagles.

Doug Pederson, also as expected imo, when it came time to make a tough call, wasn't scared to make it. The stage wasn't too big. He was ride or die with how he approaches the game, and that's the difference between guys like him and Sean Payton, and others, and guys wither when they're going toe-to-toe with the Patriots.

Nick Foles played clean but his O-line and skill position players are tremendous.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nick Foles played clean but his O-line and skill position players are tremendous.
This is true, the Eagles 53, even with their injuries, was still better than the Patriots 53, but we’ve seen coaches and quarterbacks, a lot of them, be there with far less on the line and they blinked.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Doug clearly is the 2nd best coach in the NFL, and the difference between him and BB isn't that great. That is why I thought they would win this game, along with them having the advantage other than at Quarterback. Their defensive line didn't even get pressure until the last two drives and they still won. The Eagles had 10 drives and scored on 8 of them. Incredible.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Two of Cox pressures were on the last drive. He hit Brady on the hail mary. Graham also got there with a 3 man line...

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Doug clearly is the 2nd best coach in the NFL, and the difference between him and BB isn't that great. That is why I thought they would win this game, along with them having the advantage other than at Quarterback. Their defensive line didn't even get pressure until the last two drives and they still won. The Eagles had 10 drives and scored on 8 of them. Incredible.
C'mon now. He's got a long way to go before he can be in the same breath as Belichick.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
C'mon now. He's got a long way to go before he can be in the same breath as Belichick.
He isn't as good as him. But the gap between him and Belichick wasn't overwhelming going into this game but he definitely got the better of him in this game. Bill is the greatest coach ever. I look forward to this potential matchup next year.

Feb 24, 2017
My big takeaway from the game, is that with the Eagles defense getting torn apart by Brady, Nick Foles stood in there, went shot-for-shot, blow-for-blow and basically score-for-score and straight up just beat Tom Brady. No frills, no funny business, no ridiculousness or stupidity. He just beat him. Brady laid in all his best shots, and it just wasn't enough. And that wasn't in the script for the Eagles.

Doug Pederson, also as expected imo, when it came time to make a tough call, wasn't scared to make it. The stage wasn't too big. He was ride or die with how he approaches the game, and that's the difference between guys like him and Sean Payton, and others, and guys wither when they're going toe-to-toe with the Patriots.
Tom Brady and Nick Foles didn’t ever square off.

Just enjoy your favorite team’s win. Stop trying to pile on sprinkles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tom Brady and Nick Foles didn’t ever square off.

Just enjoy your favorite team’s win. Stop trying to pile on sprinkles.
Even if they were my favorite team, piling on sprinkles is exactly what you do.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The most refreshing thing Pederson did was not rely on his defense when it was clear they didn't have it Sunday night. Most coaches would have defaulted to that because the defense was so good all year. He had the self awareness to say "f*** it we need to score because my defense can't stop anyone right now".

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
He isn't as good as him. But the gap between him and Belichick wasn't overwhelming going into this game but he definitely got the better of him in this game. Bill is the greatest coach ever. I look forward to this potential matchup next year.

The game also evolves and changes. Pederson may be getting ahead of the curve where as Belichick will remain set in his ways as he ages. That will make Pederson the best coach NOW if his success continues.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s not complicated. Bill thinks his **** doesn’t stink and he would win anyway without butler.

Yeah he definitely outthought himself on that one if Rap Sheet had the whole truth. It’s one thing to not start him but to dress him and not put him in at all when your secondary is getting torched is ridiculous.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It’s not complicated. Bill thinks his **** doesn’t stink and he would win anyway without butler.
This will take sometime for all the info to come out. I hope for the sake of Bill he did something really bad, like punched a coach.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't buy the excuses.

He was benched for performance? On a call made hours before the biggest game of the year?

"He had a bad week of practice."

Okay, so why isn't that call made BEFORE kickoff? Why dress him at all? if dressing him, and then sitting him is Belchick's way of punishing him for that stupid curfew stuff then he needs to **** off..

Do you job applies to you too, Bill. Looks even more petty when you consider Butler was (and sure as hell is now) gone in the offseason.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I don't buy the excuses.

He was benched for performance? On a call made hours before the biggest game of the year?

Okay, so why isn't that call made BEFORE kickoff? Why dress him at all? if dressing him, and then sitting him is Belchick's way of punishing him for that stupid curfew stuff then he needs to **** off..

Do you job applies to you too, Bill. Looks even more petty when you consider Butler was (and sure as hell is now) gone in the offseason.

while there's probably a lot more in this story than we know so far but based on what we know, BB blew it big time. one of the worst coaching decisions in SB ever.

pats only had 4 healthy corners and that's including butler. if one of them went doen with butler being inactive, they'd be in a world of trouble. so he was a special teamer and an emergency case so they wouldn't have to put someone like amendola at corner if they had an injury there.

but what is really weird that it was apparently made right before the game started.. he was out there on D when they were warming up.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
The Eagles definately took note of that Jags Pats match that took place in the AFCC game. Doug stayed agressive even when he had the lead something the Jags couldnt do. Altough it helps when Foles is a much better QB then Bortles

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't buy the excuses.

Especially when you have safeties trying to cover a guy as quick and athletic as Nelson Agholor. Gilmore cancelled out Alshon(after he cooked them for 3/73/1 in two drives without Gilmore on him) but no one else could match up athletically.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The players are clearly picking sides and it isn't Belichick's side. There is something to that ESPN report, I'm 100% sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad