Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No room in our team for him. If he wants to play, why does he keep signing extensions with Man City. He barely plays. He should do what Sancho did, and what Hudson-Odoi wants to do, if he cares about being a regular.

This player we have room in the team for. We need a player to replace Pulisic. I'd like us to bring in two wingers. I've seen Neres play a few times this season. He isn't bad, but I think we could bring in better players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deficient Mode

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No room in our team for him. If he wants to play, why does he keep signing extensions with Man City. He barely plays. He should do what Sancho did, and what Hudson-Odoi wants to do, if he cares about being a regular.

"keep signing extensions"

He's 18 years old. It's not like he's 25 and has wasted away half his career.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
"keep signing extensions"

He's 18 years old. It's not like he's 25 and has wasted away half his career.

There's a reason that Sancho is already a regular in the England National Team. He's also further behind than Hudson-Odoi, who also barely plays. But Hudson-Odoi has played more minutes this season than Foden. Foden might not be any worse than those two players, but he plays for the best team of the three with the most depth in his position compared to those other two players. He's not breaking in at Man City.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Same reporter that broke Sven leaving and Suarez loan.

Gonna need to sell multiple key players to fund it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I would hate Arsenal to have Umtiti, which likely says it's a good move for them.

Gotta assume Barca asks for something like 100m though which means Arsenal would have to do some sales to make up for it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Klopp, Pep, and Ole would be all over that too. I don't see how he'd get to Arsenal considering every team in the world would probably be in for him. Juve probably the most.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Same reporter that broke Sven leaving and Suarez loan.

Gonna need to sell multiple key players to fund it.

Lol, not doubting his report, but this more like the "team is interested and not really the player" type of rumour. I think Umtiti is overrated on this board, but I am desperate for a quality CB and he's one of those. However, since we're dealing with Barca...we'll probably get him for 110 million Euros and I much rather have Lucas for 80 million instead.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
This player we have room in the team for. We need a player to replace Pulisic. I'd like us to bring in two wingers. I've seen Neres play a few times this season. He isn't bad, but I think we could bring in better players.

Neres > Pulisic.

Just be prepared to pony up 50M.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aurier, N'Koudou, N'Jie, Stambouli, Capoue and Moura. All the players I can remember Spurs buying from L1 over the last 5-6 years.

Only Moura can be said to have been able to "translate their game". Capoue has been decent overall in England, but certainly didn't fit right in at Spurs.

Obviously none of these players are really that good - so depends on how you define "fit" I guess.

I can't be bothered to do a bigger study for all PL teams. It not working for Spurs doesn't prove much, but my gut feeling is that this is a long lasting myth from the time Wenger picked up some bargains from France.
Yeah some work out, some don't.
Aurier once was a prime RB, but his clash with Blanc killed his career IMO. He fell off a cliff after that.
N'Jie and K'Noudou are not starters at L1 level. They obviously can't be in the EPL.
Moura is talented, and has moments of brilliance, but is frustrating given his low IQ and tunnel vision. Capoue and Stambouli were solid club/bench players. Nothing more.

Obviously, Drogba and Essien brought titles to Chelea. Hazard too.
Arsenal's legendary period was very french.
United has Cantona, but had a bad Barthez and an old Blanc.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol, not doubting his report, but this more like the "team is interested and not really the player" type of rumour. I think Umtiti is overrated on this board, but I am desperate for a quality CB and he's one of those. However, since we're dealing with Barca...we'll probably get him for 110 million Euros and I much rather have Lucas for 80 million instead.
I was one who didn't see Umtiti as a better CB than Zouma and Laporte, but there's no doubting him right now. He was great with Barca, amazing in the WC. He is right now one of the best CBs in the world. Top 10 IMO.

Reactions: S E P H

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lol

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was one who didn't see Umtiti as a better CB than Zouma and Laporte, but there's no doubting him right now. He was great with Barca, amazing in the WC. He is right now one of the best CBs in the world. Top 10 IMO.
Pre injury he was in the convo of best defender.

Reactions: Cassano

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope Dortmund does as well. Neres shouldn't be done in Amsterdam just yet. He's barely a full time starter.

Who else is Dortmund targeting or are you hoping they are?

I haven’t thought that much about it. I haven’t liked many of the rumors I’ve seen. We have good scouts. They should be able to find a good player for a moderate amount of money.

Reactions: Ajacied

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Many of the best players that have ever played in the PL are French or came from the French league. But not sure if that proves them settling better. Obviously you are more likely to succeed if you move to England from France rather than Sweden or any of the smaller leagues. As for bigger leagues, I can’t back this up with numbers, but I do believe it is true, more good players from L1 were and are being sold to England than from Spain, Germany and Italy. Certainly was the case when Wenger started to source from France. More recently top players have been bought from Spain like Silva and Aguero and they certainly fit in as well as any.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
@John Pedro, how good is this player? I believe I've read in the past that he's one of the best prospects in Brazil.

He's probably the best LB prospect I've seen here in a while. Pretty quick, good technique, very dangerous going forward and isn't a total liability defensively. Barcelona was very close to signing him then RB hijacked the transfer. Some even say he's Marcelo's heir, I'm not ready to say it yet but he's got the potential to be a world class player no doubt.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leipzig is doing a good job of becoming the 3rd best team in Germany. I think within another season or two the top 2 in Germany will become a top 3. They are very well run, and have as much money to spend as any team in the league other than the top 2.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah some work out, some don't.
Aurier once was a prime RB, but his clash with Blanc killed his career IMO. He fell off a cliff after that.
N'Jie and K'Noudou are not starters at L1 level. They obviously can't be in the EPL.
Moura is talented, and has moments of brilliance, but is frustrating given his low IQ and tunnel vision. Capoue and Stambouli were solid club/bench players. Nothing more.

Obviously, Drogba and Essien brought titles to Chelea. Hazard too.
Arsenal's legendary period was very french.
United has Cantona, but had a bad Barthez and an old Blanc.

And a GOAT Evra.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Good Lord. Can't go on vacation and now it appears I can't even go to a conference. What is wrong with you people?

FC Barcelona have also joined Herrera race supposedly.

No we haven't. Old rumor and highly doubtful we'd sign him considering what he's looking for in wages. Rakitic would have to leave were this to happen and I'd sooner hold on to Rakitic.

Sounds like Herrera is looking for a pay day. I think it'd be nice if he went back to Athletic Club at this point, but still time for that.

110m+ for Pavard and Lucas.

Who will they sell?,

Well they might as well have just not even bothered with the market with that sort of business. Now Pavard and Hernandez will look good in the Bundesliga, but Bayern really need to be doing better than that.

Yeah it's hard to project right now.

Meanwhile Real has found its new midfielder. Zidane REALLY wants a french NT player.

Not Pogba.
Not Kante.

His name is Tanguy Ndombele.

Actually I read his name is Adrien Rabiot. "Hey Mister, come over here and meet my Mom." Good times.

With Alaba/Hernandez/Süle/Pavard/Kimmich Bayern has one of the best defenses in the world IMO. And a very young (yet experienced) one to boot

One of the best probably, but not saying much considering the majority of their competition and well behind the likes of Barça, Madrid and Liverpool.

Barca may need to sell Umtiti or Malcom to fund de Ligt signing.

They'll make some sales to help balance the books and just be more financially prudent. I don't think they're in a predicament though.

Weird seeing Umtiti's name in these rumours, Barcelona's building for the future and Umtiti's age and ability would make him a mainstay.

Speculating here but it may be due to issues with his knee

I think the Umtiti rumor's might be down to his wages as well. Of course Lenglet's season and the De Ligt rumor's probably factor in.

There’s is no rumour baseless speculation this is his first year of injury problems it would be beyond stupid to sell him a proven product and one of the best for De Ligt who may or may not be world class

I wouldn't call it baseless speculation. I'd call it speculation based on a number of factors. That said it'd be dumb to sell him and I don't see it happening. Popular with the supporters, seems completely integrated into the dressing and Abidal is the Sporting Director.

Yeah, but when you consider the player's you do rate then you realize that Umtiti isn't overrated on this board. If Lucas is worth 80 million then Umtiti is worth 240 million. Of course Arsenal can f*** off to the bank to get the 500 million that is Umtiti's release clause.

Good thing he will be going to a team that will be in 3rd. :)

Not sure why you think it'd be a good thing for him to go to United.

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad