Jan 18, 2016

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Funny stuff.

At the same time - nothing wrong with being a clown as long as you PRODUCE on the pitch.

Look at Pogba and Ibrahimovic. They are both clowns. Ibrah is a nutter. Nobody complaints because they produce. If Rooney tried some crap with Ibrah he'd kick him in the head as a "joke"

Depay is 25 years old. We can argue till we're blue in the face about his talent or compare his talent to others, but the fact remains that at 25, he's still a clown.

There's a famous story that Rooney talked about at United that summed up his time there. He came on as a sub vs Stoke, made a ridiculous backpass to the keeper and Stoke scored. After the game Van Gaal told him he's playing for the reserves that week.

Several players tried to talk to him and calm him. Just play the reserve game, keep your head down, show him you're working hard and humble.

He showed up to the reserve game in a full leather cowboy outfit, with a cowboy hat in a rolls royce.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Honestly, I'd like to see Memphis Depay in Ole's new free flowing system. I think he'd bring a lot to the table. Essentially what I'd love to do is dump Alexis Sanchez and MAYBE... MAYBE Lingard. Bring back DEPAY and explore the market for players who know the english league and have pace, skills and youngish. Players like Felipe Anderson (25) & Richarlison (21)

To top it off I wouldn't be against Lukaku going as well.

I'd settle for a combo of the following next season: Rashford, Lukaku, Martial, Memphis and either Richarlison/Anderson

Just stay the hell away from Bale, Coutinho & Perisic. PLEASE!

Also missed this, but what? Neither of them have been 'much more consistent' and at a much higher level? I was told it was harder to be productive in L1 than any other league. Either way a quick look at their production since 16/17 (League and CL/EL):

MemphisRashfordLingardMartial
Minutes7012699954585643
Goals34281525
Assists35151015
PPM101.62162.76218.32141.075
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
It's not really close who has been more productive, and Memphis has been better for National teams by a fair margin also.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Felipe Anderson would be a good buy. I’d also see if Malcom could be acquired, he’d be a good buy imo.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m a bit on the fence on Owen. He’s in a role to sell the club to randos and sponsors in Asia and he was a boyhood Red. I don’t really think he should be there, but I know he did want to go back to LFC. It doesn’t get me all salty, but I see how it bothers some. There’s a bit of a double standard, but it is what it is.

I was in a similar boat for Torres in how he left, I figured they’d never accept him, but he seems to have rehabbed. I think going to Chelsea was way worse than being a bench and bit part sub at United.

As for the player at hand in discussion, I don’t think he’s worth it and I think Liverpool should aim for better. I also think if he was good enough, or a good enough bargain (he won’t be), you consider it. All the boos for being a Manc would be a pain, but if he had the stones and the stuff, the first four or five he bangs in would stop it. I think he has no love lost for United, but I don’t know that he’s the player to play through the grief he would get here just for playing there. There’s only a few who could cut that.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Note, I think he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s a ton better than some other options. When you add in the Manc bit, it’s a hard pass for me. I also feel Liverpool need to be shopping at the top end of the table. I think he’s closer to the type of player Liverpool of two or three seasons would have to try and get, ie, players with something to prove, maybe not wanted by the top 4-5 clubs, players from a club down the table a bit, players who have to reestablish themselves in the EPL. To me, he seems kind of like the Salah in needing to prove it in the EPL after being pretty good elsewhere.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Note, I think he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s a ton better than some other options. When you add in the Manc bit, it’s a hard pass for me. I also feel Liverpool need to be shopping at the top end of the table. I think he’s closer to the type of player Liverpool of two or three seasons would have to try and get, ie, players with something to prove, maybe not wanted by the top 4-5 clubs, players from a club down the table a bit, players who have to reestablish themselves in the EPL. To me, he seems kind of like the Salah in needing to prove it in the EPL after being pretty good elsewhere.

There's just so many other players. We don't need anyone with a bad attitude. I would rather sign someone like Sarr who can be mentored by a compatriot.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s also not like money is going to be a problem.

They’ve made knockout, worst case end up 2nd, have a few parts to sell and some contracts to clear, along with a new kit deal and some new sponsors on board.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nope, never liked him after that. He was one of the absolute best players I've ever seen at his age, and I've said that before, but I think that was all I said. Him being back with Liverpool is so gross, I'm a really big believer in what I said. The only way I would want a player from United or Everton is if they were a youth team failure.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
DDz0Za3XoAAPHtu.jpg

This is something you take massive pride in as an Arsenal fan. Different strokes I guess.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It wouldnt bother me to have someone leave United to join us. It would bother me the other way around (Owen for example unforgivable). I see it as them coming to their senses.

Jul 7, 2009
Romeo Agresti is saying Juventus is very serious for Chiesa and that he would cost between 60-75 million. He also says that Dybala and Costa especially may be on their way out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean...I can't see Dybala staying with his usage. Not saying it's an indication of his talent or anything like that but I just don't see why he would stay there if he isn't being relied upon as one of the main players there. I'm sure more than a few teams would be willing to give him a chance to show his worth, and he's only 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad