Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It could also just be that they didn't like his medical and were worried about it. Risk assessment isn't about a definitive outcome. It's a lot of money to spend on someone if you are concerned that whatever came up in the medical could be an issue, even if it never happens.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It could also just be that they didn't like his medical and were worried about it. Risk assessment isn't about a definitive outcome. It's a lot of money to spend on someone if you are concerned that whatever came up in the medical could be an issue, even if it never happens.
So, why do you want him at a discount? You either think he's damaged goods or not.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
So, why do you want him at a discount? You either think he's damaged goods or not.
Again all accounts at least on Liverpool side was that they dropped their interest.

Many speculated that Liverpool negotiated at a reduced price and that lyon stopped short the negotiation after.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Even if they did want him at a discount wouldn't that make sense? Not willing to gamble at a certain price, but maybe at another. Maybe that money is tied up somewhere else, etc. Billionaires have weird rules for themselves, and how they manage their money.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Cucurella is a LB. We need to bring in one of those this summer. Is he any good?

I've read only good things about his performances this year. Apparently Eibar have a buy option for under 5M and as low as 2M depending on the report. I don't know if they'd be willing to exercise that and sell him on for a slight profit in the same summer.

I hope Dortmund will try to recruit Brandt over Hazard as a Pulisic replacement. Looks like both cost around the same amount. Much more news with Hazard though.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Again all accounts at least on Liverpool side was that they dropped their interest.

Many speculated that Liverpool negotiated at a reduced price and that lyon stopped short the negotiation after.

100% , they looked at it for 2 days and he had major surgery on it. I mean , it doesn't take a genius to see why the deal fell apart , but I digress...

Get that money, Dave.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've read only good things about his performances this year. Apparently Eibar have a buy option for under 5M and as low as 2M depending on the report. I don't know if they'd be willing to exercise that and sell him on for a slight profit in the same summer.

I hope Dortmund will try to recruit Brandt over Hazard as a Pulisic replacement. Looks like both cost around the same amount. Much more news with Hazard though.

I think there are better options than Hazard. Brandt is a better option, but could still cost more than we should spend. If we can sign an off the radar winger like Akanji was at CB, that would make a lot more sense.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

I've heard this kid's name a lot , but I don't watch Primeira Liga at all.

Worthy of the hype?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Worthy of the hype?

I haven't seen a lot of him but there are a few extensive highlight videos out there that make him look very talented.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Worthy of the hype?

Yes. He’s been hyped for a few years now, but Benfica has been developing him perfectly. Was dying to see him during the youth league or in the CL, but missed out. Fast, wonderful technique, powerful shot. Future top 5 player in the world. I think he'll already cost any team 100M, at least.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Felix definitely looks the business from the videos I've seen. We were linked with him a little while back, but I felt he might end up in Madrid.

Yes. He’s been hyped for a few years now, but Benfica has been developing him perfectly. Was dying to see him during the youth league or in the CL, but missed out. Fast, wonderful technique, powerful shot. Future top 5 player in the world. I think he'll already cost any team 100M, at least.

He also a good passer of the ball.

Reactions: Ajacied

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal looking to grab a very talented 17y old. Martinelli has been the best player in Sao Paulo's state Championship this season. The owner of his team is Juningo Paulista, former Middlesbrough legend.

D0es he have some sort of European passport? I don't want him to be signed and loaned out. Hasn't worked out well for Arsenal for their other signings that were like that.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
D0es he have some sort of European passport? I don't want him to be signed and loaned out. Hasn't worked out well for Arsenal for their other signings that were like that.

Honestly, don't know, but judging by his surname (Martinelli) he clearly has some Italian ancestry so it wouldn't be hard to get a European passport.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Read that Martinelli is close to securing Italien passport.

Can't remember the last u18 highly rated player we signed.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Worthy of the hype?

Yeah.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Il Mediano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Barca rumored after Nacho Monreal. Good player, but old and should be sold to clear space for Tierney/Sessegnon this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->