Transfer: Summer Transfers part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I think the big beef with PSG last year was the idea that Neymar was paying his own buy-out clause, which he covered by getting paid the same amount to sign a sponsorship deal with Qatar for the WC 2022. I don't know the exact details of how it was worked out, but it seemed to be a pretty blatant flaunting of the rules.

Similar thing happened with Vitolo and Atletico, just on a smaller scale. Player received 40m EUR, paid his own release clause and went to Atletico (well... sort of... Atleti was banned from incoming transfer until the winter, so first he went to Las Palmas for a few months).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Players can only pay it themselves I think.
Not sure how it was not per rules.

Because if someone else gives them the money to pay it, then they're not really paying it themselves, and if that money is given to them by someone associated with the team they're going to, then it's clearly the team buying them and should be subject to FFP?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think in every situation like this, the team gives the player the money and then he buys himself the clause, no?
Kepa did the same from Chelsea IIRC.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think in every situation like this, the team gives the player the money and then he buys himself the clause, no?
Kepa did the same from Chelsea IIRC.
Pretty sure Chelsea reported the fee disbursed in their financial report.

The way I understood it from PSG is that Neymar got the money from a third party not PSG (obviously in this case affiliated with PSG ownership) to pay the fee and after he was clear of his contract with Barca he signed with PSG. This is where there's a breach of FFP as it was probably not reported (the release clause fees) in any financial reporting of PSG

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Obviously no, or they wouldn't have been in FFP turmoil. That doesn't make any sense.

If Neymar was bought from a third party and Mbappe was a loan, how exactly would PSG been in FFP problems?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I can't claim to have authoritative knowledge on the matter. I recall people being 'outraged' about them using a Qatar World Cup sponsorship deal to get around it, but I never took a deep enough interest in it to dig around, because, well, everything we've said here - FFP is pro forma bullshit and everybody cheats like hell all the time anyway so why expect anything else

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, I admit, me neither.
But it doesn't seem to make sense that PSG got FFP heat if they didn't have Neymar on the books.

But we'll agree that FFP is crap, meant to let the big teams stay in their little club.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Somebody ranked the top 20 logos in football.

20. Guangzhou Evergrande
19. OM
18. Boca Juniors
17. Pumas (should be ranked higher, IMO)
16. Roma
15. CFR Cluj
14. Minnesota United FC
13. Caen
12. Catania
11. Colo-Colo (Chile)
10. Kaizer Chiefs
09. Real Socieded
08. Palermo
07. Valencia (should be higher)
06. Tottenham Hotspurs (lol)
05. Olympiacos
04. Ajax
03. FC Koln
02. Universidad de Chile
01. Vasco da Gama FC (No doubt this is top 5).

If Spurs are there, then absolutely Arsenal should've been there. Liverpool also has a top 20 logo if you take the YNWA trash out of it. Not sure how Vitoria de Guimaraes isn't in that list either along with one of the Sheffield clubs.

Reactions: John Pedro

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

20. Guangzhou Evergrande
19. OM
18. Boca Juniors
16. Roma
15. CFR Cluj
14. Minnesota United FC
13. Caen
12. Catania
11. Colo-Colo (Chile)
10. Kaizer Chiefs
09. Real Socieded
08. Palermo
05. Olympiacos
04. Ajax
03. FC Koln
02. Universidad de Chile

If Spurs are there, then absolutely Arsenal should've been there. Liverpool also has a top 20 logo if you take the YNWA trash out of it. Not sure how Vitoria de Guimaraes isn't in that list either along with one of the Sheffield clubs.

You should buy shirts for each of the 20 and burn the ones that you disagree with

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

20. Guangzhou Evergrande
19. OM
18. Boca Juniors
16. Roma
15. CFR Cluj
14. Minnesota United FC
13. Caen
12. Catania
11. Colo-Colo (Chile)
10. Kaizer Chiefs
09. Real Socieded
08. Palermo
05. Olympiacos
04. Ajax
03. FC Koln
02. Universidad de Chile

It's CR Vasco da Gama (Vasco da Gama Rowing club) not Vasco da Gama FC.

My favorites are obvious my favorite club (Sao Paulo FC), Ajax, Arsenal, River Plate and Real Madrid. There's a belgium club that a like too, I think it's Genk or Gent the one with the chief

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's CR Vasco da Gama (Vasco da Gama Rowing club) not Vasco da Gama FC.

My favorites are obvious my favorite club (Sao Paulo FC), Ajax, Arsenal, River Plate and Real Madrid. There's a belgium club that a like too, I think it's Genk or Gent the one with the chief

You bastard...you're out of the HF club now.

Reactions: maclean

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I do believe Arsenal and Liverpool (the simple version like my avatar) are some of the best logo in Football.

I personally hate the Real Madrid logo, I find the lettering inside to be awful. For the record Barca logo is also awful (for those who might think it's another Barca vs Real Madrid debate.)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

20. Guangzhou Evergrande
19. OM
18. Boca Juniors
16. Roma
15. CFR Cluj
14. Minnesota United FC
13. Caen
12. Catania
11. Colo-Colo (Chile)
10. Kaizer Chiefs
09. Real Socieded
08. Palermo
05. Olympiacos
04. Ajax
03. FC Koln
02. Universidad de Chile

Interesting discussion, just curious why you chose the transfers thread for it?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You specifically mention your teams biggest rivals and then claim Arsenal should be on the list... it's clearly on your mind.
Arsenal is a freckin' cannon dude, how does that not appeal to your 7 year old side? All Spurs is is a bird on a ball.

Interesting discussion, just curious why you chose the transfers thread for it?
Honestly, I didn't know where else to put this and did not want to start a new thread for something that' I consider a day's-worth-of-talk-trivial.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

20. Guangzhou Evergrande
19. OM
18. Boca Juniors
16. Roma
15. CFR Cluj
14. Minnesota United FC
13. Caen
12. Catania
11. Colo-Colo (Chile)
10. Kaizer Chiefs
09. Real Socieded
08. Palermo
05. Olympiacos
04. Ajax
03. FC Koln
02. Universidad de Chile

Not to cast any aspersions on your posting but I don't think this list is up to much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad