Transfer: Summer Transfers part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The tweet says Bordeaux cancelled his authorisation to fly to Rome to complete the deal, which would imply the club is nixing the deal to get some extra cash, possibly against the player's wishes, though it's hard to tell exactly.

That wasn't where I was going with that, but great news. Hopefully the players gets his wish.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Militão has sign a pre contract with Porto, now they're trying to get him right now and it's close to done for 6M euros + 10% of a future sell going to Sao Paulo FC. Shame to see him go, best RB in the country and it's only his third best position. Incredible player.

Can you tell me more about this palyer? RB his 3rd best position? what else does play and excel at?

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Some Italian sites are reporting Bonucci wants to go back to Juventus. One is reporting Bonucci + 30 million swap for Higauin.

I say screw that traitor!!!! To think I was planning on buying a Bonucci jersey the minute the rumours of him leaving was swirling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Dang, that's cold, feel bad for Roma. And potentially for Malcom as well

I've not seen anything to suggest that Malcom preferred Roma to Barça. Only thing I saw was that his agent had no comment.

Not a fan of this move. He's not a bad player, but we've already got Dembele. They're not going to play Dembele, Malcom, Suarez and Messi at the same time. That's not to mention there are other positions to sort out. At least it wasn't a huge outlay in today's market. SPORT says it's 41 million and another million in variables. I'd also rather they made this move than splash out even more on Willian. Thank you Chelsea!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I've not seen anything to suggest that Malcom preferred Roma to Barça. Only thing I saw was that his agent had no comment.

Not a fan of this move. He's not a bad player, but we've already got Dembele. They're not going to play Dembele, Malcom, Suarez and Messi at the same time. That's not to mention there are other positions to sort out. At least it wasn't a huge outlay in today's market. SPORT says it's 41 million and another million in variables. I'd also rather they made this move than splash out even more on Willian. Thank you Chelsea!

Considering Roma was also paying 41 m, I guess you have to figure the player was on board with it, but exactly as you say, he's going to have a lot harder time getting playing time with Barca and you have to think he would've had a better chance of developing with Roma. If he'd taken a couple years with them he could've gone for a lot more, which naturally Barca realises, but he should also realise he could be stunting himself this way.

Reactions: les Habs

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon has proposed 30M€ for Yerry Mina. Mina prefers Lyon over Everton. United might be a player though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Lyon has proposed 30M€ for Yerry Mina. Mina prefers Lyon over Everton. United might be a player though.

f*** that! They need to add a few 0s to the back of that figure. :laugh: Seriously though, hopefully United open the vault since I'm guessing we're indeed selling him.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
What happened with Mina? I didn't notice him getting much to any playing time, but wasn't tuned in enough to know the reasons behind it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't think Valverde rated him coupled with the fact that there were only so many fixtures he was going to play in at that stage of the season. Then you've got his adapting to the squad. Personally I think Valverde could have played him more. Had the team lost a match sooner or had Mina come last Summer I think he'd have seen more minutes.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What happened with Mina? I didn't notice him getting much to any playing time, but wasn't tuned in enough to know the reasons behind it.

WC happened I guess.

People tend to forget that most of the time in the WC you are up against players far worse than the players you regularly play against in the top leagues. Or you play against some top players clearly not in form (like Kane and Lewandowski).

Based on the WC, and not only because of the goals, Mina looked well worth 30m. Solid on the ball combined with being a beast in the air. He looked like the player Liverpool-fans think van Dijk is. BUT I have seen it too many times that players look better than they really are for a handful of games in a tournament like that. Strange that Lyon are involved in it. A club that has always strucked me as a above average rational and clever one. Not the typical team to get fooled by a couple of games in a WC. Not that I know what the everyday Mina is worth. Never seen him before the WC (or at least I can’t remember to).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
WC happened I guess.

People tend to forget that most of the time in the WC you are up against players far worse than the players you regularly play against in the top leagues. Or you play against some top players clearly not in form (like Kane and Lewandowski).

Based on the WC, and not only because of the goals, Mina looked well worth 30m. Solid on the ball combined with being a beast in the air. He looked like the player Liverpool-fans think van Dijk is. BUT I have seen it too many times that players look better than they really are for a handful of games in a tournament like that. Strange that Lyon are involved in it. A club that has always strucked me as a above average rational and clever one. Not the typical team to get fooled by a couple of games in a WC. Not that I know what the everyday Mina is worth. Never seen him before the WC (or at least I can’t remember to).

Oh, I've no doubt the WC pumped up his value, but I was indeed referring more to the fact that there was a fair amount of hype around him coming to Barca and then even though some adapting time was to be expected, Valverde seemed to have no use for him and I'm surprised they're ready to dump him already.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Mina was a bargain at 11m when Barça signed him. World Cup will increase demand, rightly or wrongly, but he was already worth more than 11m in this market.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He doesn't look too well suited for a high line, but he can move the ball and is a big aerial presence.

Maybe we're in the market of buying low, selling high. Next year United will buy Malcom for 100 million. Or better yet PSG will pay his buyout clause.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Can you tell me more about this palyer? RB his 3rd best position? what else does play and excel at?

His primary position is CB and he can also play as DM, last season we started using him as a RB and he's been improving game by game there. He's very fast for a guy his size, he's amazing on the air, he's a good tackler, he's got good technique, great passer and dribbling skills. As a RB his upside is limited cause he isn't a natural offensive player nor is a good crosser. From what I read, Porto has promised a starting spot for him at CB...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Southampton are interested in Ghezzal from Monaco. They got him on a free and will make a lot of money again.
Monaco has signed Aholou from Strasbourg for 15M€. He gained 7.46 balls per game last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad