Transfer: Summer Transfers part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don’t believe that for a second, but after Paulinho twice nothing is impossible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure. And in what way is Weigl better than Witsel? Having Witsel instead of will improve Dortmund. They still have plenty of prospects and they'll be a better team this year. You can quote me.
Haha, obviously, they'll be better. And it will have to do with getting a very good coach rather than a hipster living dream coach that was crap to begin with.
Little to do with Witsel coming in. Did you actually watch him in China?
Because everyone could see him in Portugal and Russia. So i'm no sure which Witsel you're talking about.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sure. And in what way is Weigl better than Witsel? Having Witsel instead of will improve Dortmund. They still have plenty of prospects and they'll be a better team this year. You can quote me.

They'll be a better team this year because they aren't being coached by a moron. You keep asking someone to tell you how Weigl is better than Witsel, but considering you're the only one making the absolutely ridiculous claim, how is Witsel better? What games has he ever dominated at top European level? I on the other hand can name many games in which Weigl was a big player. His only weakness is that he needs to add more strength. Otherwise he plays just like a young Busquets and has a top footballing brain + passing ability.

Newsflash: an average player might look great in China. That's disregarding the fact that nobody on this continent even watches those games, and if you say you do, I think you're lying as they nor Russian games are on TV here. Maybe you're only judging from the WC, which would be completely ridiculous.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
According to Sky, Chelsea rejected a 55 million pound bid from Barcelona for Willian.

Don't know what's worse, Chelsea not taking the money or Barca wanting to spend that much on Willian.
Barca offering that is worse I think. I can see the reasoning behind Chelsea rejecting, he's a useful player that they may not be able to easily replace this close to the season.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Barca with a last minute offer for Malcom who was on his way to Roma but canceled his plane :laugh:

Is there any club more desperate for non-elite Brazilians? Malcolm has good potential, but I don't see why Barca would bother with him right now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I still don’t get why he doesn’t go to United. He would have a clear path to a starting spot for an elite team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The offer for Malcom from Roma was 41M€. Barca's offer is apparently more than that. LOL.

In other news I didn't forsee, Sevilla just made a tremendous move, signing Joris Gnagnon from Rennes for.... wait for it... 15M€.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Malcom has good potential but is still a huge work in progress. Bordeaux fans don't like his attitude either.
He is streaky quick and agile. And of course, he can score from anywhere when he's on.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Barca have amazing depth.

Dembele/Suarez/Messi/Malcolm/Paco/Munir

Coutinho/Rakitic/Busquets/Arthur/Rafinha/Alena/Gomes/D.Suarez

Pique/Semedo/Vidal/Roberto/Marlon/Alba/Digne/Umitti/Mina/Lenglet/Vermaelen

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And going to Barca where he will be lucky to play a single game is good for his career?

No he'd get game time for sure, the amount is up for debate however with variables such as form and injuries... and playing for barca is a lot better than playing for Mou. Pretty obvious I thought.

Barca have amazing depth.

Dembele/Suarez/Messi/Malcolm/Paco/Munir

Coutinho/Rakitic/Busquets/Arthur/Rafinha/Alena/Gomes/D.Suarez

Pique/Semedo/Vidal/Roberto/Marlon/Alba/Digne/Umitti/Mina/Lenglet/Vermaelen

I count 3 good forwards and the rest either trash or unknown qualities.

again 3 good midfielders the rest a bunch of meh. With the exception of the new kid Arthur.

I like the depth at the back but need to get rid of Marlon,Vidal and maybe Mina too at least on load.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Militão has sign a pre contract with Porto, now they're trying to get him right now and it's close to done for 6M euros + 10% of a future sell going to Sao Paulo FC. Shame to see him go, best RB in the country and it's only his third best position. Incredible player.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Roma's twitter account says they've agreed on a fee with Bordeaux, now subject to medical + personal terms with the player.

Liverpool also loaned out Ryan Kent to Rangers; Pep Reina joins AC Milan. See club's respective twitter.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Aston Villa beat writer saying Wolves are about to sign Adama Traore for £18M. The hold up right now is basically that he has a sell-on fee (to Aston Villa) and they're figuring out the details of when Villa is paid, etc. This adds to the two other reported deals to be announced tomorrow already.

Wolves could be announcing 3 new players tomorrow (1 loan, 2 buys) in Joao Moutinho, Adama Traore, and Jonny Castro.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Gomes and Rafinha are meh. Arthur is an unknown quality that I'm hopeful for. Alena is a young talent again I'm hopeful for but can't be relied upon going into the year. You're left with D.Suarez I like a lot but so, far has left you wanting more given his talent. I personally don't see a future for him at barca. Again though I like the lad but I don't think he has it in him.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
He hasn't signed a contract so how is it a dick move? He has the right to choose where he wants to play. That said I hope he's not playing in the Camp Nou next season.

The tweet says Bordeaux cancelled his authorisation to fly to Rome to complete the deal, which would imply the club is nixing the deal to get some extra cash, possibly against the player's wishes, though it's hard to tell exactly.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The tweet says Bordeaux cancelled his authorisation to fly to Rome to complete the deal, which would imply the club is nixing the deal to get some extra cash, possibly against the player's wishes, though it's hard to tell exactly.

Yeah, it's what I understood from reading several articles as well.

The player still wants to go to Roma.

The club wants to nix the Roma deal and sell him to Barca (for what I assume would be a higher fee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino