Transfer: Summer Transfers part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Weird rumour about Mina being included for Pogba since other outlets are reporting that Everton is on the verge of signing Yerry.

E: Arsenal might be contemplating in spending 30 million Euros on LB Rodriguez from AC Milan since Kola is out 10 weeks and Monreal has a nagging injury as well.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Weird rumour about Mina being included for Pogba since other outlets are reporting that Everton is on the verge of signing Yerry.

E: Arsenal might be contemplating in spending 30 million Euros on LB Rodriguez from AC Milan since Kola is out 10 weeks and Monreal has a nagging injury as well.
Why would Milan sell Rodríguez and why would he go to Arsenal?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How can you tell that 150m is better spent today than summer 2019? Spending 150m just because you can would be rather silly.

To say it is an F is honestly speaking just ridiculous (even a D). What would the window have been if Kane was sold and replaced with Andy Carroll? Your "pretty easy" F would then still have been a F since you can't go lower.

If you think football is that predictable you have had a fair amount of that cool aid already. But that is how it works in this forum. 74 points last season. 2 new players. They are worth 3 points each. So now your team ends up with 80 points. Anyone with some basic knowledge about Spurs know even having the squad from last year fit would in a normal year be a decent upgrade (of course injuries always happen, but not usually too the extent key players where injured last season). Not to mention quite a few key players are still young enough so that one could expect "organic growth" with what one already got. Really only Vertonghen which might start to feel his age a bit soon (even him considering he is a CD age is hardly much of an issue).

As I said earlier. I honestly can't think of any deals so far (of course there have been some gems moving that "we" don't know about yet) where I have thought that players should have gone to Spurs.

So yes, difficult to judge what could have been done better. That doesn't mean I'm pleased, but I can see the problem with strengthening. Spurs haven't got endless amount of money while at the same time being quite good. Buying established players in that position is not easy (as shown with the very limited number of high profile players changing teams so far this window).

Doesn't mean I won't be disappointed if nothing happens come end of the week. It really only takes two players to make the window an A. Plenty of time for 2 players..
59% is an F. So is 10%. F is pretty wide reaching. Spurs unquestionably have worsened compared to their competition just by the fact that they haven't improved and everyone else has. Given that Tottenham hasn't won anything since 2008, that's not what you want to see.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Doubt he would be available.

Maitland Niles can cover LB temporarily.
I think WBA would want to unload his salary since they're in the Championship.

We're gonna get shredded the first 2 weeks with AMN since Willian and Mahrez will abuse him and we will see the club in crisis phase like start of last yr.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think WBA would want to unload his salary since they're in the Championship.

We're gonna get shredded the first 2 weeks with AMN since Willian and Mahrez will abuse him and we will see the club in crisis phase like start of last yr.

He didn't look out of place playing LB last season. He won't get abused by either since he's as quick as them and Emery doesn't have the fullbacks bombing forward like how Wenger had them do.

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I thought AMN played damn well at LB last year. Not worried about that, and Monreal shouldn't be out that long.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Exactly how Vida is overrated after one good tournament.

Error prone defender that can't play the ball is last thing arsenal need.

I've been watching him his whole career (sometimes from a rival stand point, he played for Dinamo Zagreb) and I'm the last guy to judge him on one tournament.

He's quality, and he's been a rock for Croatia and his club(s) for a long time now. Just because he went to Ukraine first and chose to stay there (high pay and loyalty, similar to Srna) and people have never seen him play before doesn't mean he was rubbish before and then had one good tournament.

There are some Croatian players that I would pin the "buyer bewarer" tag after the WC, like maybe Rebic, who's still improving, but still rough.

But Vida? I've been on the Vida train for years dude, calling him the most underrated defender in Europe a long time before this WC.

Whoever gets him will get on quality, consistent defender in their ranks.

And I have no idea where the "error prone" thing is coming from in the first place.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
59% is an F. So is 10%. F is pretty wide reaching. Spurs unquestionably have worsened compared to their competition just by the fact that they haven't improved and everyone else has. Given that Tottenham hasn't won anything since 2008, that's not what you want to see.

That is different.

Depends on your starting point I guess. Spurs over the last 15 years have lost their best players (except King) during the summers. Now they are not (might lose Alderweireld, but that is not because the player is desperate to leave by all accounts). Not necessarily you specifically, but it is a bit funny how Spurs are seen as both big and small at the same time on here. Small in the sense that they can't compete with Inter for Modric, but big in the sense that they have to spend big to win. For me reality is somewhere in between.

My biggest disappointment so far is that Spurs haven't bought any Dier, Alli, Stambouli whatever. Personally I pray they don't spend 70m on Zaha (even based on the logic of this board that would be a huge positive), but I don't understand why they haven't brought in some "youngish" players that might develop like Eriksen, Alli etc. have before (of course most of these will never succeed, but you can't stop trying). My second biggest disappointment is that Spurs haven't sold anyone. For me Spurs could sell 3-4 players without replacements and the team would be healthier and in a better position to strengthen in windows later.

So far I would give this window a C. It would have been a strong C if Eriksen had also signed a new contract. Anything lower misses the real risk of losing players "Monaco-style" (or at least a mini version).

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
It used to be that a team was hard pressed to sign quality players if they weren't in CL...what is Levy waiting for? 2 days left...Kov would have been a type of player Spurs can use

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs and RM got a decent relationship. Not saying it is a given that Kovacic would choose Spurs over Chelsea, but I'm pretty confident Levy would at least be properly informed of what would be required to bring him to Spurs.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s hard to sign the top players if you’re not willing to give the wages. Chelsea might be out of the CL, but they’re willing to pay wages Spurs won’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad