Transfer: Summer Transfers part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Kovacic as part of Courtois makes sense unfortunately.

Even if I don't get why the player would want to move to Chelsea (that is then without one of their best players) instead of let's say Spurs.

It would be very disappointing if Chelsea got Jorginho, Kovacic and Fekir while Spurs line up Amos and Dier (or something) against Newcastle. That would almost be laughable from a Spurs perspective.

That would require the club to express interest in him which it doesn't seem like they are.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yep, it's a real mystery why a player would rather join a team that is trying to better themselves constantly, spends money on players, have actually won something notable a bit sooner than 1984 and has a better roster compared to the team they are being compared to.

Reactions: KJS14

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Kepa is going to cost more than double what Courtois is costing Madrid. Yes, I get the 1 year remaining factor, but Kepa was available for a smooth 20m Euro in his previous buyout during the January window. Did Chelsea not have any idea about Courtois not extending then? Silly planning.

Kovacic will go to Chelsea on a one or two year loan, with no option to buy. Madrid have made it clear they want to control his future.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yep, it's a real mystery why a player would rather join a team that is trying to better themselves constantly, spends money on players, have actually won something notable a bit sooner than 1984 and has a better roster compared to the team they are being compared to.

It's supposed to be a loan, not a sale, so most of the stuff you mentioned doesn't matter.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He'd be playing with Sarri in an attacking role where he'd get a ton of minutes.

Not really any different than the role he would have at Spurs.

And even if I personally really like Sarri I'm not sure if he has more of a pull than Pochettino.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kovacic is the mystery box. Everyone loves him but he has yet to show he is worth the hype and hasnt played regular minutes since he left Inter. He is not a slam dunk by any means.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Its almost comical that with the lack of purchases, Griffiths and Sterling would have had a great chance to make the 18, instead left for lesser clubs

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Its almost comical that with the lack of purchases, Griffiths and Sterling would have had a great chance to make the 18, instead left for lesser clubs
Sterling left? Think you mean Bennetts.

As for Griffiths I think it is interesting how he chose Lyon. Thet are admittedly known to have a fantastic academy, but I don't think he's better than Maolida or Gouiri.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kepa is going to cost more than double what Courtois is costing Madrid. Yes, I get the 1 year remaining factor, but Kepa was available for a smooth 20m Euro in his previous buyout during the January window. Did Chelsea not have any idea about Courtois not extending then? Silly planning.

Kovacic will go to Chelsea on a one or two year loan, with no option to buy. Madrid have made it clear they want to control his future.
Real tried to get Kepa at that point too, but he didn't want to leave at the time if I recall correctly.

I'd imagine Kovacic would be used to get Hazard next summer. If he leaves on loan, he's probably not returning.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Kovacic is the mystery box. Everyone loves him but he has yet to show he is worth the hype and hasnt played regular minutes since he left Inter. He is not a slam dunk by any means.
He has a lot to prove, that's for sure. I think he left too young for Inter and Serie A is not exactly a development league, then he left too soon for Real. Hopefully, his next stop helps him to get some consistency.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That would require the club to express interest in him which it doesn't seem like they are.

Agree. Baffling.

From the sound of Grealish is on hold because there might be another midfield player available. If that is not Kovacic I have no idea who it could be.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ehhhh when he was a starter at Inter he was already a top midfielder. Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho is an absolutely world class midfield. Chelsea is going to look completely different this season and they're really going to push the top teams. I can't see Spurs or Arsenal finishing ahead of them unless the squad just can't adapt to Sarri at all.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Ehhhh when he was a starter at Inter he was already a top midfielder. Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho is an absolutely world class midfield. Chelsea is going to look completely different this season and they're really going to push the top teams. I can't see Spurs or Arsenal finishing ahead of them unless the squad just can't adapt to Sarri at all.

Will be interesting to see Jorginho, Kovacic and Hazard creating chances only for Morata to mess them all up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No, he actually agreed to a 5.5 year contract with Real Madrid.

Zidane blocked the move. Full faith in his son, Luca. Since Zidane left, club signed Lunin(Ukranian wonderkid) and now signing Courtois.

Opinion - Real Madrid: Kepa, an error that will haunt Zidane - MARCA in English
Ah, yeah, I didn't remember that correctly then. Maybe that's why he didn't want Chelsea because he thought Real would be an option?

Chelsea's board is terrible when it comes to logical transfers, so there's also that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad