Transfer: Summer Transfers part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
50 million for Richarlison is complete lunacy, hell Arsenal got Alexis from Barca for 42 million Euros and not Sterling. There are like three Ligue 1 players they could've bought instead and improve their club over one guy who I admit is quite good, but isn't a world beater. I would've preferred Zaha at that price than Rich.

- Kingsman Coleman allegedly dropped a hint that Arsenal are after him and he wants to come. However, Bayern are not a selling club so the deal would be very hard to construct.

- Lol, sounds like Arsenal played a close-off friendly against Brentford and lost 2-1 due to a mistake by Leno.

- Akpom is on the verge of joining Sint-Truiden on a permanent deal worth 2 million pounds. I had such high hopes for him, but it seems he never really progressed - had so much potential though.

- Reine-Adelaide might be leaving, but no word on if we're selling him or if it's a loan move.

- Carl Jenkinson should be on a new club when the season starts.

- Joel Campbell should also be sold before the season starts.

- Bielik might also be sold due to health problems which could be stagnating his development.

- Gomes still being linked to the Arsenal and RAC1 saying Arsenal/Barca talking a lot. Barcelona wants 27 million pounds, lol, which Arsenal won't pay so it might be a loan move instead (no word on if there's an option to buy).

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Never heard of Evina, how good can he be and what position does he play?

Franck Evina only switched to the German youth teams in the past year, but I've had the Cameroon-born forward in the top tier of that spectacular 2000 class since I first read he was planning to play for us once eligible.

He gets some lazy comps to Eto...that aren't actually that bad, as he's a powerfully-built kid with very impressive explosiveness, technical skills, combativeness, & creativity. I've seen him play well with both a more playmaking mindset & a score-first mindset, showing nice adaptability to what his team needs from him. He has a lot of Ribery to the way he runs at defenses with the ball...though he's more of a goal-threat/shooter than french-Franck.

He started in a few senior games for Bayern after they clinched the league, and in the 2 that I watched he was very impressive...even if Wagner did his best to squander the chances Evina crafted for him, and the bayern vets clearly didn't yet have enough practices with Evina to know where the kid likes to receive the ball.

Bayern seems to see him as a winger, at least for now, and not a forward. So as a winger Evina's talent/potential is right there with Kühn, Sane & Brandt in the debate for the #2 spot behind OBM -- unless Moukoko ends up a winger -- and a step above the Yeboah, Massimo, Gnabry, Herrmann tier.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Pedro

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
BBC sport saying Mou wants a commanding CB and another hard working wide player. So basically Perisic and Alderweireld.

If we don't get a CB I'll be very disappointed in this window.

Bailly is great, but hasn't shown he can stay healthy. Lindeloff needs to regain form before I'll trust him. And beyond that it's a bunch of guys who are better as rotation options.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Dunno if this was posted, Inter in for Vidal as well as Vrsaljko:
SM - Vidal, la prossima settimana l'offerta dell'Inter da 23-24 milioni

So, we're looking at a midfield of Vidal-Brozovic-Nainggolan.
And if they get Vrsaljko, I think all of a sudden Juve could have a fight on their hands.

Handanovic
De Vrij-Miranda-Skriniar
Vrsaljko - Vidal -Brozovic - Asamoah
Nainggolan - Perisic
Icardi

They're in pot 4 for the CL btw. :D

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Alphonso Davies heading to Bayern for between $12-15M. Fanatastic talent for Vancouver Whitecaps at only 16. Could be a top top talent. He’s a winger that can play as both as out and out winger and also as sort of a box to box winger.

I hope he gets loaned out to a German team. I trust the Bundesliga to develop him properly.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I hope he gets loaned out to a German team. I trust the Bundesliga to develop him properly.
Very much disagree. He’s a great prospect but not good enough to play a Bundesliga team. He should stay in the MLS until the end of the season and then head to the Netherlands/Belgium/Portugal and if he does well then to a German team.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Franck Evina only switched to the German youth teams in the past year, but I've had the Cameroon-born forward in the top tier of that spectacular 2000 class since I first read he was planning to play for us once eligible.

He gets some lazy comps to Eto...that aren't actually that bad, as he's a powerfully-built kid with very impressive explosiveness, technical skills, combativeness, & creativity. I've seen him play well with both a more playmaking mindset & a score-first mindset, showing nice adaptability to what his team needs from him. He has a lot of Ribery to the way he runs at defenses with the ball...though he's more of a goal-threat/shooter than french-Franck.

He started in a few senior games for Bayern after they clinched the league, and in the 2 that I watched he was very impressive...even if Wagner did his best to squander the chances Evina crafted for him, and the bayern vets clearly didn't yet have enough practices with Evina to know where the kid likes to receive the ball.

Bayern seems to see him as a winger, at least for now, and not a forward. So as a winger Evina's talent/potential is right there with Kühn, Sane & Brandt in the debate for the #2 spot behind OBM -- unless Moukoko ends up a winger -- and a step above the Yeboah, Massimo, Gnabry, Herrmann tier.

Evina, Moukoko, Yeboah are you guys trying to emulate France? Europe really needs to stop leaching off Africa :sarcasm:
If Vidal leaves, there will be an opening in their midfield, wonder if there's any kid ready to step in.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Evina, Moukoko, Yeboah are you guys trying to emulate France? Europe really needs to stop leaching off Africa :sarcasm:
If Vidal leaves, there will be an opening in their midfield, wonder if there's any kid ready to step in.

SHHHH if TMYK hears this we'll all be stuck listening to a lecture about how this is the disastrous consequence of German multi-culturalism...and not letting, the heroically un-PC, AfD rid us of all the untrustworthy foreigners with their funny sounding names.

Saving the NT for traditional germanic names like Miroslav Klose, Lukas Podolski & Pierre Littbarski.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Davies to Bayern is huge for Canada. That's awesome.
Crazy to think a 17 year old Canadian may be heading to Bayern. Amazing for him and the sport in general
oliver-burke-red-bull-leipzig_3774753.jpg

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
- Malcom prefers Roma.
- Tuchel told Rabiot he's going to play him as a 6. As a reminder, Rabiot has whined about being played as a 6 in previous seasons.
- Aulas said (and TIFWIW) Fekir was going to play for Lyon next season.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If 44m is true it isn´t really necessary to talk to RM. A handful of teams should easily be able and willing to offer that.

Spurs should be all over this. Good fit for Kovacic as well as he would get a shot at being the main man in midfield for a decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad