Transfer: Summer Transfers part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I mean if Everton are offering 50m, then I am sure Watford are okay with that.
Yeah hadn't got far enough down the thread to see that.

That just cant be true surely. I hope Everton wouldn't pay that kind of money for him.

Lets not forget the guy scored 5 whole goals last year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How does Everton have money to spend on that? I thought they were living within means after the bad buys the last season
Everton's new owner is loaded. They certainly have the money. The problem is they spend it quite strangely.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
How does Everton have money to spend on that? I thought they were living within means after the bad buys the last season
Spending the TV money I guess (just badly again).

Miss the days when Moyes was running the transfer policy at Everton, it generally made sense and we got good value for money on guys we are bringing in.

I dont get the Richarldson link, if we are going to sign an attacking player it has to be a goal scorer not a creative guy, we have no shortage of those)

Bolasie
Walcott
Sigurðsson
Klaassen
Vlašić
Lookman

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Bolasie is going on loan to Turkey IIRC. Expect the same for Richarlison for next season. That will be 80 million down the tubes on those two. Good young player but stupid money.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
BBC sport saying Mou wants a commanding CB and another hard working wide player. So basically Perisic and Alderweireld.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Everton is going to have a lot of trouble keeping in the Europa League fight with how bad their recent buys have been. Teams like Leicester and Burnley are looking to be in much better shape.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Everton is going to have a lot of trouble keeping in the Europa League fight with how bad their recent buys have been. Teams like Leicester and Burnley are looking to be in much better shape.

I feel like the PL is getting more of a set mid-table tier. I'd include West Ham and Wolverhampton to that list.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Like I said, I'm sure some of these rumors are rubbish, but that's what Croatian and Turkish media are reporting.
Klopp himself said LFC is pretty much done this window. If they add anything itll be a #10/Forward. Basically its Fekir or bust.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Klopp himself said LFC is pretty much done this window. If they add anything itll be a #10/Forward. Basically its Fekir or bust.
I will take his comment with a grain of salt.

I do believe that Liverpool are not done just very cautious about the leak to the press.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Richarlison is a rare bird. It's quite hard to find wingers with his combination of strength, technique, pace, dribbling, shooting and aerial dominance. I'm not a bit surprised about the price Everton is going to pay for him, no PL team would let a kid with his skillset and determination walk for pennies on the dollar. Richarlison is just as good if not better than Malcom (I feel most people would be okay if their team got Malcom for 50m).

Reactions: cgf

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I feel like the PL is getting more of a set mid-table tier. I'd include West Ham and Wolverhampton to that list.
I feel like you can’t put a team that hasn’t been in the PL in years immediately into the mid table tier regardless of who they’ve got.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Richarlison is a rare bird. It's quite hard to find wingers with his combination of strength, technique, pace, dribbling, shooting and aerial dominance. I'm not a bit surprised about the price Everton is going to pay for him, no PL team would let a kid with his skillset and determination walk for pennies on the dollar. Richarlison is just as good if not better than Malcom (I feel most people would be okay if their team got Malcom for 50m).

Yeah the price might be high, but there’s some seriously funny takes on this. By December last season, most PL fans on here were gushing about him. He was great. Watford were good and he was a stud. Then they stumbled, Silva got fired, and he struggled some. Now it’s a joke signing.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Alphonso Davies heading to Bayern for between $12-15M. Fanatastic talent for Vancouver Whitecaps at only 16. Could be a top top talent. He’s a winger that can play as both as out and out winger and also as sort of a box to box winger.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Yeah the price might be high, but there’s some seriously funny takes on this. By December last season, most PL fans on here were gushing about him. He was great. Watford were good and he was a stud. Then they stumbled, Silva got fired, and he struggled some. Now it’s a joke signing.

people are so quick to forget, his first two months are crazy good then he slumped as the team as a whole.

Alphonso Davies heading to Bayern for between $12-15M. Fanatastic talent for Vancouver Whitecaps at only 16. Could be a top top talent. He’s a winger that can play as both as out and out winger and also as sort of a box to box winger.

Another one to take minutes from OBM, @cgf will be mad. In all seriousness, he would be better off joining a small Bundesliga side where he would get PT and wouldn't face much pressure to produce right off the bat as he'll have at Bayern.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
people are so quick to forget, his first two months are crazy good then he slumped as the team as a whole.

Another one to take minutes from OBM, @cgf will be mad. In all seriousness, he would be better off joining a small Bundesliga side where he would get PT and wouldn't face much pressure to produce right off the bat as he'll have at Bayern.
I’d be very surprised if Davies doesn’t head out on loan. I’d be surprised if he even leaves Vancouver until the winter at the earliest. I haven’t read all the reports because honestly I just woke up but I think that he would go back to Vancouver on loan and then head to maybe the Netherlands if they think he’s ready. I do believe he can be an impact player but this is a buy for 5-10 years from now.

Reactions: John Pedro

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

A lot depends on who they hire to replace Kovac next summer & how strong a teacher that coach is. Kovac is terrible with developing young talent, but he's going to be forced by management to at least try developing Evina this season since the Bayern board is really bothered by the "Alaba is the last bayern starter to come from their academy" angle. That's why they really want to push their academy's top talents...and the best talents they have are Evina, OBM, Mai & Früchtl...so I'm not really too worried for Evina or OBM.

Gnabry may get screwed over by this if he doesn't establish himself quickly & crack the NT, and this could be bad for talents they bring in like Davies...if he isn't loaned out until after OBM / Evina breakthrough...but Evina & OBM should get every opportunity to nurture their massive talent in Bavaria. So that once again, Bayern can talk about their homegrown talent & how their academy feeds the NT.

Reactions: John Pedro

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I so hope not. That would be more stupidity from Everton.

Eh, would probably be a better move than paying a similar figure for the cooler Hazard, like your ownership team has discussed doing for the past 3 summers...

And it's definitely a lot better than what you spent on Bolasie...I'm pretty sure I burned a bridge with how hard I laughed about that with my ex-boss, who was one of the american bankers that now run everton.

Reactions: Gecklund

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
A lot depends on who they hire to replace Kovac next summer & how strong a teacher that coach is. Kovac is terrible with developing young talent, but he's going to be forced by management to at least try developing Evina this season since the Bayern board is really bothered by the "Alaba is the last bayern starter to come from their academy" angle. That's why they really want to push their academy's top talents...and the best talents they have are Evina, OBM, Mai & Früchtl...so I'm not really too worried for Evina or OBM.

Gnabry may get screwed over by this if he doesn't establish himself quickly & crack the NT, and this could be bad for talents they bring in like Davies...if he isn't loaned out until after OBM / Evina breakthrough...but Evina & OBM should get every opportunity to nurture their massive talent in Bavaria. So that once again, Bayern can talk about their homegrown talent & how their academy feeds the NT.

Never heard of Evina, how good can he be and what position does he play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad