Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion Part V

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You're literally just making things up in your head. Arsenal are not selling and are in discussions to sign him to an extension and Saliba himself said he's staying.

And the same Tavares that everyone here says is a dumb player? Does him going to OM all of a sudden make him great?
Saliba also wanted to stay at OM.
If OM (who's playing the CL remember) makes a good offer, there's a chance Arsenal sells. Saliba clearly hates Arteta and the feeling seems mutual. I believe Saliba would gladly play for OM/play the CL/play for the NT/the WC than ride the bench at Arsenal because Arteta prefers under average CBs and thus missing out on the WC.

I mean, when you prefer starting Holding over Saliba, the writing is on the wall. It's just spitting to his face.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah that's Fabrizio. OM insiders are saying they inquired. Not that it means they'll sign him. For one thing, I don't think they can get both Saliba and Szo.

EDIT : And mundo Deportivo is alo reporting Real Sociedad are facing the competition of OM for him.

Reactions: Gecklund

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Saliba also wanted to stay at OM.
If OM (who's playing the CL remember) makes a good offer, there's a chance Arsenal sells. Saliba clearly hates Arteta and the feeling seems mutual. I believe Saliba would gladly play for OM/play the CL/play for the NT/the WC than ride the bench at Arsenal because Arteta prefers under average CBs and thus missing out on the WC.

I mean, when you prefer starting Holding over Saliba, the writing is on the wall. It's just spitting to his face.
I'll take the literal quotes from both parties than your speculation.

You think OM can muster a good enough package financially to sign him away? This isn't a Douzi case where Arteta desperately wanted to dump him and gave OM a huge deal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

This is what happens when the owner wants to be in charge of the transfers

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal will probaly take it. No idea why Arsenal hate Saliba so much.

If OM also get Gil and Tavares they could become a danger in both Ligue 1 and CL...
I wouldn't generalise because we don't know what will happen as OM are the ones placing a bid, but if Arsenal do sell him, it will because he was never an Arteta player. He was an Emery player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

You think OM can muster a good enough package financially to sign him away? This isn't a Douzi case where Arteta desperately wanted to dump him and gave OM a huge deal.

I don't think OM can give more than 25/30M.
Then it depends if Arteta wants to look bad or doesn't care.
I think he keeps him and benches him before dumping him for 20M next summer.

Lol if true. Nothing but a plain mercenary (and hopefully can ruin another team)
You are surprised?

@Evilo How do you rate him?

Fantastic season.
Talent was always there but he seems to put it all together in Lens.

Reactions: phisherman

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wait, MY speculation? About Saliba wanting to stay?

Reactions: Gecklund

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't see Tuchel approving Ronaldo transfer, would fit the team even worse than Lukaku.
I agree, it makes no sense. Especially after all the reports that Tuchel would be more involved in selecting players. Lukaku didn't press or run enough for him, and Ronaldo is even worse at that at his current age.

Reactions: gary69

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Wait, MY speculation? About Saliba wanting to stay?
All your links are from May. Yet the LATEST news is he is staying and working on a new contract with Arsenal.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I explained earlier.
Saliba wanted to stay. OM couldn't offer enough and Saliba said afterwards that he would go to Arsenal (note he didn't say he WANTED to).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mouki's contract extension talks seem to have stalled out and it's looking likely that he leaves this summer, with no rumors about where to having yet emerged...

...we're about to get a bunch of money for Awoniyi and there haven't been any rumors about who we'll bring in to play with Becker / Leweling...

Just sayin'

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I explained earlier.
Saliba wanted to stay. OM couldn't offer enough and Saliba said afterwards that he would go to Arsenal (note he didn't say he WANTED to).

“I will be back with Arsenal. I have played zero matches and I still want to show them my true face and have the chance to play for these fans and this great club.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2