Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Barella isn't moving.

Nobody is paying anywhere near 30M for Ndombele. Might even have negative value.

No reason to sell Gil really.
If someone is willing to pay 50M for John friggin McGinn, them someone will pay 30M for Ndombele.

Barella probably isn't moving but if you were willing to spend most of that 150M on him and Bastoni I'm sure Inter will listen.

Gil isn't going to play for Conte. No reason to keep him around just to send him on loan again next year. Try to recoup as much as you can and move on.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If someone is willing to pay 50M for John friggin McGinn, them someone will pay 30M for Ndombele.

Barella probably isn't moving but if you were willing to spend most of that 150M on him and Bastoni I'm sure Inter will listen.

Gil isn't going to play for Conte. No reason to keep him around just to send him on loan again next year. Try to recoup as much as you can and move on.
I don’t think 150M is enough for Barella and Bastoni. I’d put both around 80M cost easily.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Tuchel granted a 200M transfer kitty from Lord Boehly himself.

Really want: Dembele (free), Koundé, Koulibaly and Cucurella (Man City posing a threat).

Kouli is an upgrade on Rüdiger, Koundé is a massive boost over Azpi, Cucurella is a boost over Alonso (who I really liked actually) and Dembele provides creativity for our forwards that we've been lacking since Hazard left.

Links to Bissouma and Raheem Sterling are interesting as well.

Really need the sanctions to be uplifted so the gears can officially begin churning.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Where is anyone seeing this McGinn stuff?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don’t think 150M is enough for Barella and Bastoni. I’d put both around 80M cost easily.
Bastoni is supposedly going for 60M. So you can get him and have 90M left for Barella who shouldn't cost that much. If you sell Winks you have more to spend on him if you need to.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
1653784199028.jpeg

Soon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barella isn't moving.

Nobody is paying anywhere near 30M for Ndombele. Might even have negative value.

No reason to sell Gil really.

I’d sell him were I Spurs. Probably does you both a favor. And this is coming from someone who just traded for him in his keeper league.

From what I've read, this guy is the equivalent of a first round pick that drops to the 4th or 5th round because of big questions with his attitude and injuries. He reportedly told Fernandinho to f*** off at one point during his time at City, which doesn't seem so bad, but a big deal was made over it. He also missed all of last season due to injury.

Kehl said he's going to start with the U23's, and if all goes well, he'll move into the first team. Good signing, although only for three years, so the risk is recognized. If he can stay fit and get his attitude in check, having Gittens and Braaf as wingers will be great. And both acquired for almost nothing from City, like Sancho.

I’d say that seems pretty bad.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Telling a teammate to f*** off is only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

I think it depends on the context. This is a kid telling a seasoned veteran and if it was a bid deal I’m guessing it’s because it wasn’t under the right circumstances.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think it depends on the context. This is a kid telling a seasoned veteran and if it was a bid deal I’m guessing it’s because it wasn’t under the right circumstances.
Right, it 100% depends on the context. Which is how I meant what I said. What it meant depends on how it’s perceived. It could be no big deal internally but perceived negatively by the media/fans and turned into a big deal.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Right, it 100% depends on the context. Which is how I meant what I said. What it meant depends on how it’s perceived. It could be no big deal internally but perceived negatively by the media/fans and turned into a big deal.

Well look at what I originally quoted. If that’s the case I think its fair to assume it was a big deal because it was a big deal interally.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d say that seems pretty bad.
Why? Is Fernandinho so delicate? He’s a professional athlete in a dressing room with a bunch of men. Thats how sports culture is. Players swear at each other and act disrespectful to each other at times. Teammates have it out for each other sometimes. Doesn’t seem like the type of thing that the captain of the club should care much about. If he’s the captain, shouldn’t he be diffusing the situation for the sake of team unity?

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Why? Is Fernandinho so delicate? He’s a professional athlete in a dressing room with a bunch of men. Thats how sports culture is. Players swear at each other and act disrespectful to each other at times. Teammates have it out for each other sometimes. Doesn’t seem like the type of thing that the captain of the club should care much about. If he’s the captain, shouldn’t he be diffusing the situation for the sake of team unity?

I agree that there are "robust conversations" in any dressing room, but last week Grealish called Fernandinho the most professional player he'd ever seen, and there was obviously a huge amount of respect there. That's probably why such a big deal was made out of it. There are some veteran players that carry enormous amounts of gravitas, and a young player telling them to eff off is never going to go down well.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm not sure how you possibly believe McGinn is worth 50M?

As for Ndombele the club could do nothing more than loan him out and cover a large part of his wages.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Kouli is an upgrade on Rüdiger,
TBF, Rüdiger is coming off two amazing seasons, and Koulibaly has become a bit inconsistant. Nothing major, but at this point, I deffo wouldn't say Koulibaly is an upgrade over Rüdi - especially not in Tuchel's system.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Seeing some rumors that United are pursuing Kante. I suppose if they could get him cheap in the last year of his contract he can still be a solid stopgap DM, but I wouldn’t want to put anything like significant resources towards a guy who is 31 when the club is (theoretically) just entering a significant overhaul of the roster.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm not sure how you possibly believe McGinn is worth 50M?

As for Ndombele the club could do nothing more than loan him out and cover a large part of his wages.

I wouldn't pay 50M for him, I just saw someone post that's what a team may pay for him. The only bottom half CM I may pay 50M for, not including Guimeraes, is Ward-Prowse and 50M would be the max.

I think Ndombele is still a decent player but your right that teams aren't gonna be lining up to buy him. Maybe add him in a Barella deal to lower some of the cash outlay could work? I think he would do well there. If you can't get Bastoni then I would do that type of deal with Lo Ceslo for Torres.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s going to be sad to see him go. But I would be much more concerned had they not already had Diaz and Jota in house.

They’ll likely let him go, but not for 30. And likely not without a significant replacement lined up. If anything, I think it solves some potential problems. The club (being FSG) was uncomfortable signing all of the front three to contracts at their age. Klopp might want to keep him, but if he wants to go, he’s not going to complain. This way the club gets a fee for him instead of him walking next year for nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad