Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
In any case, don't see how he helps United. He would be a luxury for them not a necessity.

They desperately need new CBs, FBs and CDMs
And a striker. Our only striker is currently Ronaldo and I guess martial but he’s on the outs. What level of ST is up for debate, but a ST in some capacity is certainly needed.

I don't get United fans trust in Varane. He seems quite done to me, and Real s defense improves without him.
He’s been fine. I think if we put a decent CB next to him the defense would look a decent bit better. Not elite, but a Varane-Torres pairing would be more than fine for the time being I think.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He's capable of being a striker, but doesn't really work like a traditional one. Maybe that works, but I think it's a bit hard to fit in what they might want to do. Especially when they have some other players on the roster who are kinda strikers, kinda midfielders, kinda stationary (Ronaldo).

Pending on the dollar amount, I would think it's a good buy, as he is really gifted, but I'm not sure if it's the first move I would make for United.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If Mane leaves it’ll surely be because Liverpool don’t want to pay him what he’d be looking for, right? I’m assuming they’ve at least had some negotiations about a new deal? Anyway, 30 is fine for him with a year left on his deal. I would assume Liverpool will bring in somebody else despite the presence of Diaz as Salah’s contract will also be up. Even if Salah were to stay more than enough room to bring somebody else in.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just like that Braaf is going to BVB instead of the pill pushers.

And Mane to Bayern is sounding more and more like an eventuality unless LFC decides to give him the offer they’ve preping for Salah. With Bild reporting that he has a strong preference for a move to the Bavaria giants.

Hinteregger is also commiting to remain at Frankfurt.

While the worst German rumor mongers are using an SI article linking ManU to BMG Kone. He’ll move to a giant someday…kid’s really good…but not yet. He’s not ready for it & he’s only been in gladbach for one of the 4 years on his contract

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
And a striker. Our only striker is currently Ronaldo and I guess martial but he’s on the outs. What level of ST is up for debate, but a ST in some capacity is certainly needed.

He’s been fine. I think if we put a decent CB next to him the defense would look a decent bit better. Not elite, but a Varane-Torres pairing would be more than fine for the time being I think.

Lois Openda or Arnaud Kalimuendo would be my target for ManU. But they'll instead spend big and bring in Darwin...

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Gunning for Chelsea to hijack the Perisic deal, but not banking on it. Conte connection and guaranteed starter spot should make the difference, whereas at Chelsea he'd be a swiss army knife option. Banking on Agent Kovacic

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Who's going to back up Diaz? Back to the Doku hype train?
If Mane were to go, Diaz and Jota would take the minutes. I would assume either an attacker is bought or Elliott / Gordon see more minutes, or even the kid from Fulham. They’re blessed with some replacements that if it’s true, it’s a blow, but not crippling.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rumor is that Chelsea's new owner wants to buy Neymar.

And that PSG wouldn't say no to a decent amount of money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad