Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Raum is starting to get linked with BVB after TSG missed out on european football...probably not gunna happen this summer...and Chelsea's 20yo Ian Maatsen continues to be the LB that they are most connected to.

Leverkusen seem set to swoop for Hlozek & Braaf. While Paulinho will leave them for Sporting.

Bayern's Gravenberch move seems to be nearly done.

Nkunku to ManU has a lot of heat right now on the rumor mills.

Nice have emerged as a possible landing spot for Marcus Thuram.

Sunderland are working on keeping Leon Dajaku...*sigh* what could've been if he hadn't moved to Bayern too early and instead continued developing the way he had been at Stuttgart...

Stark to Werder seems likely to happen soon while Benes' move to Werder is still up in the air.

Frankfurt look set to swoop for Bayern's Marc Roca, Besiktas' Ridvan Yilmaz, Antwerp's Aurelio Buta, & former Union man Sebastian Polter.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Zinchenko is linked with a move away from City. Opens the door for a move a Cucurella to move to City. Bloom needs to get a lot of cash if this move is to go through.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That seems cheap for him. I’d be surprised if you got Nkunku though.

Very interested in seeing how he does in the Bundesliga.
Yeah I would expect it ends up a little bit higher but he does only have a year left on his contract so that’s a factor too.

I would agree on Nkunku that he’s not coming to United but a guy can wish right?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
In any case, don't see how he helps United. He would be a luxury for them not a necessity.

They desperately need new CBs, FBs and CDMs
They desperately need to be better at pretty much every position. They desperately need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net. If we get Nkunku, it would be huge. You’re right they do need those positions but there is an argument that only 3 guys should be consistently starting next season. De Gea, Varane, and Bruno. I’d throw Sancho in there too but that’s still 7 positions that could potentially be upgraded. CR7 can spot start at striker, I think the plan is for Rashford to try to regain form but probably should be more of a bench option. Shaw is probably serviceable at LB for now. We completely agree but I just think if we can get a world class talent that would fit with our team and system, you do it.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
They desperately need to be better at pretty much every position. They desperately need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net. If we get Nkunku, it would be huge. You’re right they do need those positions but there is an argument that only 3 guys should be consistently starting next season. De Gea, Varane, and Bruno. I’d throw Sancho in there too but that’s still 7 positions that could potentially be upgraded. CR7 can spot start at striker, I think the plan is for Rashford to try to regain form but probably should be more of a bench option. Shaw is probably serviceable at LB for now. We completely agree but I just think if we can get a world class talent that would fit with our team and system, you do it.

I think since they have Ronaldo going after a more bang for your buck back-up striker would be a better move. Someone with a less flashy name who could develop into a starter. That's what a Fergie United side would do. Instead of spending the ridiculous fee for Nkunku they can bring in a world class DM or CB to replace Pogba/Maguire

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I don't get United fans trust in Varane. He seems quite done to me, and Real s defense improves without him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nkunku is a striker
Eh. Kinda. I’d call him a goal scoring creative that is deadly as a false nine. Especially in a double false nine.

No he's not. He's an attacking midfield player who can shift to the wing. If he's the main guy in your opposition's penalty box you're not going to score much.

Well that’s not accurate either.

Reactions: al secord

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I think since they have Ronaldo going after a more bang for your buck back-up striker would be a better move. Someone with a less flashy name who could develop into a starter. That's what a Fergie United side would do. Instead of spending the ridiculous fee for Nkunku they can bring in a world class DM or CB to replace Pogba/Maguire

Yeah, keep Ronaldo for one more year and sign either a promising youngster or a cheap veteran backup. Then splash the cash next summer on the guy who is going to be the main man up front. It's a shame Everton didn't go down cos DCL would have been a great 2nd striker option for cheap.

I don't get United fans trust in Varane. He seems quite done to me, and Real s defense improves without him.

He's not been amazing, but statistically they concede far fewer goals when he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad