Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Rumor is that Chelsea's new owner wants to buy Neymar.

And that PSG wouldn't say no to a decent amount of money.
this goes against everything else we've read about chelsea wanting to run their transfers through tuchel, invest efficiently like liverpool, and restructure wages

that's the biggest nothing burger rumor i think i've heard in a while

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
this goes against everything else we've read about chelsea wanting to run their transfers through tuchel, invest efficiently like liverpool, and restructure wages

that's the biggest nothing burger rumor i think i've heard in a while
You're contredicting yourself here. Tuchel is a big Neymar fan.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
You're contredicting yourself here. Tuchel is a big Neymar fan.
i phrased it poorly but my point was that the rumor is insinuating that the owners want neymar but they've decided that they're going to funnel everything through tuchel

also the fit is really good, we have clown pulisic, werner, and the rarely healthy cho on the left - none of which are ever in favor with tuchel.

this just seems like a lazy rumor at this stage

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
i phrased it poorly but my point was that the rumor is insinuating that the owners want neymar but they've decided that they're going to funnel everything through tuchel

also the fit is really good, we have clown pulisic, werner, and the rarely healthy cho on the left - none of which are ever in favor with tuchel.

this just seems like a lazy rumor at this stage
I think the owner wants a marquee superstar (something Chelsea doesn't have) and that the time is right to get such a player because he's probably on the market. And Tuchel loves him.
Makes ton of sense to me.

But what about Macron? Will he try to convince Neymar to be a legend in France?
Haha, don't think anyone cares really. Mbappe has a whole new meaning for french people.
And Macron is an asshole anyway...

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I think the owner wants a marquee superstar (something Chelsea doesn't have) and that the time is right to get such a player because he's probably on the market. And Tuchel loves him.
Makes ton of sense to me.

Haha, don't think anyone cares really. Mbappe has a whole new meaning for french people.
And Macron is an asshole anyway...
it would take a miracle for chelsea to clear the wages off the books to afford that move

you'd have to shift lukaku, werner, kepa, one or both of cho/pulisic out.

i do think it's interesting that these neymar rumors came out as soon as mbappe signs his contract with the reported ability to act as DOF (you know what i mean).

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
neymar earns 4x what lukaku/werner/kante earn as the highest wage earners. he earns closer to 5x what hazard made when he was here. it's tough. it's just not realistic.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Tbh, PSG made it clear Neymar was available more than a month back. So no...
where was the first link?

i can't see the argument from a realistic standpoint to any team buying neymar.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Neymar isn't leaving PSG, at least not to United or Chelsea. Only possible destination I could see and that won't happen at this stage.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going from CR7 to Neymar would be an after sex cigarette level of hilariousness/amazingness. I mean Neymar makes them a better team, but for like ten times the amount compared to what Ronaldo just brought.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If Mane were to go, Diaz and Jota would take the minutes. I would assume either an attacker is bought or Elliott / Gordon see more minutes, or even the kid from Fulham. They’re blessed with some replacements that if it’s true, it’s a blow, but not crippling.

I think it will be a rude awakening. Diaz I think is decent, but I'm not impressed with Jota.
Elliot and Gordon are far from CL-level talent in this stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad