Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Thats not what you are saying tho.... you said Pep would trade his season for LFC's the team that lost in the final. SO he would Not be trading his season for another "shot" at a title. He would be trading his season, to only lose one round later and not win a major trophy. This is an asinine discussion really.

Copium is real i suppose
I’m saying that going out in the semifinal is worse than having a chance to win the final, especially for a team with zero UCL titles.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sucks that Greenwood turned out to the such a trash bag of a person. We had the striker position locked up for the next decade and now the clubs going to overpay for a big name.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah but that’s nothing about a bidding war. And overpay for United and other teams is very different.
In the Darwin, situation? No I don’t think it is different. This is the same. They are literally going around Benfica to Darwin’s agent; and it’s not because they are trying to offer less

On a side note, Nunez and no midfielder would be a complete waste
LFC actually have a lot of midfielders. They need a DM for sure but it is still very early in the window. There is time to figure it out. That being said there is not another Tchouameni on the market so LFC may not feel like they have to act urgently on this.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
In the Darwin, situation? No I don’t think it is different. This is the same.
In general situations not just Darwin. I think if FdJ comes no chance Darwin does. Without him I think you’ll see United up their offer by a good amount.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In general situations not just Darwin. I think if FdJ comes no chance Darwin does. Without him I think you’ll see United up their offer by a good amount.
I don’t think Utd get either honestly but I could be wrong. But missing UCL has also not historically cost them targets. FDJ says he wants UCL, Darwin hasn’t yet though so who knows.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Divock was a good soldier. Put in am honest shift. Did was asked, within his limitations. Wish him well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don’t think Utd get either honestly but I could be wrong. But missing UCL has also not historically cost them targets. FDJ says he wants UCL, Darwin hasn’t yet though so who knows.
It sounds like ETH has done some work convincing FdJ. I can’t imagine he and the club would be this invested in a guy who would reject the move.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It’s also rumored FdJ wants to play a different role than he plays at Barca and Ten Hag has shown to know that role and use it. I also think that United with the right additions and players coming back to form make the CL next season. I think they’re making it at fourth unless guys REALLY come back into form but still making it. I mean I don’t think there’s a way for all of Rashford, Sancho, Bruno to be as bad as they were this season. Sancho especially started showing a bit better towards the end of last season, Bruno showed better with his national team, and Rashford had already started coming back into training and working back to full fitness. I don’t think it would be exactly a huge sell to have him come into a role he’s comfortable with, with his old coach, and be a center piece. He really doesn’t have a consistent role or consistent playing time at Barca. I think with 2 new midfielders (one FdJ and one a bit more defensive) and a CB like Torres or Timber, I do think they are right there at 4 if everyone buys into the system.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nunez won’t sign for United. He should be pushing to join Barca, but he’ll sign for LIverpool.

Two domestic cups isn't going to cut it. THey're great team but hardly better than city.

Two domestic cups, when your country has two, should be a disappointment for them. I said as much yesterday and if I recall correctly at season‘s end. They’re still better than City going into this Summer though.

Pep would have never have taken over a rebuild like that.

Not as much of a rebuild, but he already did with Barca. Anyone he says otherwise clearly doesn’t know what they’re talking about. And Guardiola has only managed 3 top level clubs thus far and there were specific circumstances as to why he managed those he did. City’s upper management surely played a big role in his going there as he knew them from his time managing Barca.

With Darwin off the table, I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan is to sign another winger and roll with Rashford/Elanga off the bench.

I mean we can revisit that trade offer if you want. If you coming knocking at my door in a few rounds after X is signed I will be in a position that makes me less likely to trade.

It's the same way PSG, Chelsea and Liverpool went lol

Yeah, but they weren’t managed by Guardiola so it doesn’t count.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m saying that going out in the semifinal is worse than having a chance to win the final, especially for a team with zero UCL titles.
Winning a major trophy is still better than losing another CL final. This isn't up for discussion. It is a matter of fact. Like Xavi/Iniesta being better than Cesc.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Thank God. Get it done. And in the end he’ll have rejected a better wage from the likes of Liverpool, though Barca were IMO lowballing him (though considering the economic situation that is partly understandable). Love this kid and I think he truly loves the club and he’s not even Catalan.

Leaving this here. Dani has been laughably much maligned over the years and yet on a free transfer and virtually nothing in wages he’s clearly made an impact. One of the biggest club legends to have played for the club in the last 20 years.

Glad to see Xavi had an influence here, and Madrid tried to scuppering the deal. Can’t wait to see this kid in preseason and so thrilled we signed him. We need more signings like this.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It’s also rumored FdJ wants to play a different role than he plays at Barca and Ten Hag has shown to know that role and use it. I also think that United with the right additions and players coming back to form make the CL next season. I think they’re making it at fourth unless guys REALLY come back into form but still making it. I mean I don’t think there’s a way for all of Rashford, Sancho, Bruno to be as bad as they were this season. Sancho especially started showing a bit better towards the end of last season, Bruno showed better with his national team, and Rashford had already started coming back into training and working back to full fitness. I don’t think it would be exactly a huge sell to have him come into a role he’s comfortable with, with his old coach, and be a center piece. He really doesn’t have a consistent role or consistent playing time at Barca. I think with 2 new midfielders (one FdJ and one a bit more defensive) and a CB like Torres or Timber, I do think they are right there at 4 if everyone buys into the system.

Meh. Two matches of him with Holland and LVG opens his big mouth and talks about where Frenkie plays. Yes Frenkie said as much and would prefer to play deeper, but he also really enjoys Barca and the city. And if you want to listen to LVG then I think he said the price is 116 million.

If this deal happens it’ll be because Barca are willing to sell him and Frenkie gets that message. His knowing Ten Hag and preferring to play deeper won’t make the deal happen. Knowing Ten Hag only increases the likelihood that United get him, not that he leaves overall.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Meh. Two matches of him with Holland and LVG opens his big mouth and talks about where Frenkie plays. Yes Frenkie said as much and would prefer to play deeper, but he also really enjoys Barca and the city. And if you want to listen to LVG then I think he said the price is 116 million.

If this deal happens it’ll be because Barca are willing to sell him and Frenkie gets that message. His knowing Ten Hag and preferring to play deeper won’t make the deal happen. Knowing Ten Hag only increases the likelihood that United get him, not that he leaves overall.
I mean yeah but it’s been widely rumored Barca want to sell him and that Frenkie is starting to see that. I think that’s kind of my point is that Frenkie is starting to become a bit unsettled with all these things circling Barca so if he does leave i think it’s United.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Fred is much better defensively

You can't win the champions league playing the keitas of the world.
They literally did.

Winning a major trophy is still better than losing another CL final. This isn't up for discussion. It is a matter of fact. Like Xavi/Iniesta being better than Cesc.
I don’t think anyone thinks Cesc is better….do they?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They lost but they were there. Are you suggesting Pep would have rather lost in the semifinals than had a shot at the trophy?

Chamberlain can still be good. It’s just crazy that LFC would be the ones in the power seat selling a player to United. That’s basically unprecedented. I remember when Ferguson refused to sell Gabriel Heinze to LFC when Heinze wanted to go.

I'm saying Pep Guardiola would rather win the EPL than lose in the CL finals and that any opinion to the contrary is moronic and nothing but copium.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad