Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

So with that, if the deal is done anyway. Paid a little too much but given what Osimhen went for when he went to Napoli I think this is fair. This signing gets me going though, feels like a way toward securing the future. Doesn’t hurt that every time I watch him play he looks like a freak athlete.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I always laugh at this "only wants to join X". That's a bull of crap. Like if City, PSG, Madrid and Bayern came and he would say, nope, I don't want to join any of those lesser teams.
He may be more interested in joining Liverpool than the others but if Liverpool dropped out of him for whatever reason and Bayern came he would be like "naw, only liverpool"?

He will go to Liverpool in any case, just found funny the tweet.

I mean, clearly what he is saying is, "Don't sell me to ManU or Newcastle just because they come and plop the 100m down on the table."

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean I put ~ for a reason. They're right there with City and Madrid. City does better in the league, Liverpool does better in the CL.

The difference between the 3 is pretty minimal.
Its very minimal but then you have too look at the past couple of seasons. 4/5 EPL titles and a final loss in the CL. I definitely won't say LFC are the better of the two its close but there pretty much 1 and 2.

Best team doesn’t always win. That’s soccer. LFC was the best team last year. LFC was a blown ref call from winning the league and was the better team in the UCL final that just ran into a hot goalie having the best game of his career. But that’s soccer.

Pep 100% would have traded City’s season for LFCs season

They win 4/5 seasons. That has to count for something. City was the better team against Madrid too. They played better than LFC against Madrid sooo.

Thats some really dumb shit to say. I dont mean that lightly. Pep got crucified for losing a final last season. You think he would trade a CL loss in the final for an EPL title. Ffs.

Yes, them. They are IMO the best side of last year. That said their season should be considered a real disappointment despite how good it was.

Two domestic cups isn't going to cut it. THey're great team but hardly better than city.

You are leaving out the UCL final. Pep doesn’t need another PL title. No one cares if City win PL. Pep needs another UCL title on his resume though.
This post takes the cake tbh. Pep winning titles others dream about for what fun? SEPH level stupidity.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I stand by what I said. LFC had a better season than City even if City undeserved won the league by one point because of a referee error that PGMOL apologized for blowing the call on. Pep would have treaded that in for another shot at the UCL final, which they had as good a chance of winning as LFC. Both teams better than Madrid. Pep needs to win a UCL without Messi. His European results as a whole for City have been terrible. PSG for example would have fired him with those kind of results backed by those infinite resources. Even if winning CL is much harder than winning PL. both City and LFC had great seasons. LFCs was better though. No team threatened for a quadruple for longer into a season. The problem is that if you want to beat Man City in the league you need to target a minimum of 95 points. Which is a ridiculous standard which never before existed. If you can go over 90, win silverware and make a UCL final, that’s incredible

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Pep would have liked to have been in the final of the CL. But he wouldn't give up his Premiership Title.

Either way, that's off discussion.

Liverpool with Darwin should be interesting. But can we take another pause and talk about what a joke Bayern are? Just offer the cash for Mane or Liverpool should keep him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I stand by what I said. LFC had a better season than City even if City undeserved won the league by one point because of a referee error that PGMOL apologized for blowing the call on. Pep would have treaded that in for another shot at the UCL final, which they had as good a chance of winning as LFC. Both teams better than Madrid. Pep needs to win a UCL without Messi. His European results as a whole for City have been terrible. PSG for example would have fired him with those kind of results backed by those infinite resources. Even if winning CL is much harder than winning PL. both City and LFC had great seasons. LFCs was better though. No team threatened for a quadruple for longer into a season. The problem is that if you want to beat Man City in the league you need to target a minimum of 95 points. Which is a ridiculous standard which never before existed. If you can go over 90, win silverware and make a UCL final, that’s incredible
You forgot one thing… corruption

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
City have been more successful in the time frame in which Liverpool have become competitive with them, no doubt.

It is an achievement for Liverpool to have been in the hunt for the trophies right to the death, but I’d rather have the league title alone than have the domestic cups and an appearance in the CL final. Yes, I’d rather have had City's season, in the end.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Its very minimal but then you have too look at the past couple of seasons. 4/5 EPL titles and a final loss in the CL. I definitely won't say LFC are the better of the two its close but there pretty much 1 and 2.

They win 4/5 seasons. That has to count for something. City was the better team against Madrid too. They played better than LFC against Madrid sooo.

Thats some really dumb shit to say. I dont mean that lightly. Pep got crucified for losing a final last season. You think he would trade a CL loss in the final for an EPL title. Ffs.

Two domestic cups isn't going to cut it. THey're great team but hardly better than city.

This post takes the cake tbh. Pep winning titles others dream about for what fun? SEPH level stupidity.
If Pep wanted to win two domestic titles and lose a CL with City, he could just go back to last year.

The good thing is that city is the only team in the EPL that benefitted from a poor reffing decision.

Anyway, the veneered fraud

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Pep wanted to win two domestic titles and lose a CL with City, he could just go back to last year.

The good thing is that city is the only team in the EPL that benefitted from a poor reffing decision.

Anyway, the veneered fraud

City is not the only team that benefited from poor officiating. Unless you would like to prove otherwise, they Are the only team that was at the end of a call this season that PGMOL apologized to a team to for getting it wrong. Yes that call made a mathematical difference. Where is the lie here?

The Man City twitter bot accounts aren’t good at math either. Net spend matters too. Pep spent over 1 billion with City? Where’s his UCL? LFC have more PL titles than City have UCL title(s), and LFC was much worse off than City was when Pep/Klopp took over. Pep would have never have taken over a rebuild like that.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I can't say who was better this year but at the end of the day I'd much rather watch Klopp's Liverpool than Pep's City.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Out of the loop here…how much did Arsenal’s choking away of the UCL spot hurt their transfer plans this summer?

Is Jesus really the “striker” the Gunners need and would he even come if the likes of Chelsea are getting involved?

Is somebody like PSG actually going to take Pepe off our hands? Is he sneaky one of the biggest PL flops ever?

How long do we have with Saka before he is off to City?

Doesn’t seem to be much imminent at the Emirates besides the Revs goalie as a new backup and rumors of us being interested in all of City’s B-team which undoubtedly is just lubing the gears for a big future sell-on.

Or am I just out of touch and reverting to standard Gunner fandom doom and gloom when it comes to our feckless nature in the transfer market and quietly Edu and Arteta are about to drop a hammer down on our big-time aspirations for next season. :laugh:

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I can't say who was better this year but at the end of the day I'd much rather watch Klopp's Liverpool than Pep's City.
Its a nice thing to be recognized for, but from a professional competitive standpoint, being awarded the most entertaining team is as useless and unfulfilling as the Caribou cup for me.

A manager may be hired to do a lot if things, but at the end if the day I believe that the ultimate goal and expectation is to win. Just win.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

With Darwin off the table, I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan is to sign another winger and roll with Rashford/Elanga off the bench.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
My wishlist for Liverpool: (it won't happen) but IMO it would make us a less predictable team with more threat.

1. Darwin Nunez (He has many flaws) but he has many attributes who would make him IMO a good LFC player: He work hard and track back constantly, he is an aerial threat and can as well serve as a pivot for the winger, he is fast and like to run in space, he can roam and dribble on the left or right side (less predictability). He can play physical and it is hard to take the ball away from him. Good finishing to boot.

2. Sergej. This is maybe pure reactionary from me but LFC lack a true goalscoring midfielder. IMO sergej is the perfect fit for that especially against team that sit deep and park the bus. He can roam in the box and he can shoot from outside. He also work hard and he can retrieve the ball. His main flaw is pace and the tendency to dribble a bit too much. IMO for the role he will serve to unlock game it's all worth it.

3. Kouadio Koné. He is a more raw, cheaper less version of Tchouameni. He is not the finished product but he can fill in for Naby Keita as a guy that press very high and that can retain the ball . Furthermore he can be groomed as a 6 to backup Fabinho. Amazing dribbler with a lot or pace and size. Kind of a physical mismatch type of player. Ooze potential

4. Replacement to Mané. I will surprise a lot with that guy but brazilian Igor Paixão. He is an amazing dribbler, he is good with both feet, he works hard, he can finish, he is fast, he is smart in possession. Very strong for his size. His flaw, he is also very raw (little pro experience) and he is very small (under 5'7) but everything I have seen from him has been amazing. I think when he eventually go to Europe he will turn many heads.

So that's my wishlist.
One down. 3 more to go! :D

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool selling Chamberlain to Utd would be such a flex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad