Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Two trophies and being in the final to win the third is a better season to me than winning the league by a point to me. Yes. I’m not continuing this on the next thread though.
At the end, the gap doesn’t matter, in terms of measurable accomplishments, which are titles.

Second place is far, far from first place, as a final result, even if second place is “better”

It doesn’t mean Liverpool doesn’t have a legitimate argument to be the “best” team. But the big ones slipped away this year. There wad no prized fish on the end of the line here.

That they were so close, doesn’t change the fact of how fat they are now. I cant see the PL or CL title, even for how close they are.

The FA cup was nice, only so this special man Klopp, who committed to this team, this fanbase (and millions of dollars) can accumulate a full collection of trophies available to an English based manager. I don't care if I ever see it again. Its not really like that, but you know what mean. The other one? The caribou one? Please, for the love of saint barnabas, send youth teams only. At least until the very, very final stages. But even still, send the youth teams, please. I don’t need that cup to potentially diminish any chance at a European or League title.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
And yet a few weeks ago LFC was at the threshold of a quadruple. Winning is hard. Give me 4 finals every year forever. I'm begging you
Nothing like being close to doing something cool and winning only two domestic cups without scoring a single goal. No one is saying Liverpool had a bad season, but making it one more round in the CL because Liverpool faced Madrid later isn't worth a PL title.

Liverpool fans rn:

1654806348436.jpeg

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nothing like being close to doing something cool and winning only two domestic cups without scoring a single goal. No one is saying Liverpool had a bad season, but making it one more round in the CL because Liverpool faced Madrid later isn't worth a PL title.

Liverpool fans rn:

View attachment 557488
Man if domestic cups don’t matter I guess that means you were a toddler the last time Arsenal won anything. So you’re one to talk here.

Reactions: Chimaera

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Then again, if my team was signing a reject like Gabriel Jesus and just signed bums like Lokonga and Tavares I would also be looking for something else to talk about.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Man if domestic cups don’t matter I guess that means you were a toddler the last time Arsenal won anything. So you’re one to talk here.
He, and every non-Liverpool homer, are one to talk...about the objectively correct answer. This lunacy you're all engaging in is embarrassing.

Pep is not trading anything for Liverpool's two "lesser" cups and it's a joke to suggest he would.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He, and every non-Liverpool homer, are one to talk...about the objectively correct answer. This lunacy you're all engaging in is embarrassing.

Pep is not trading anything for Liverpool's two "lesser" cups and it's a joke to suggest he would.
I never said that so don’t lump me in. Go back and look if you need to. But coming from him I don’t accept the devaluing of pretty much anything, not from a fan of the laughingstock team he likes. They failed their way to the end of the season once more. West Ham have been relegated and recovered to have a better squad than Arsenal since the last time Arsenal won anything other than a domestic cup so I’m sure you can see the humor in the source of such comments.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm not saying domestic cups don't matter. They do matter, obviously. They just matter a lot less than the PL. And I wasn't a toddler when Arsenal was invincible. But to be sure, why would anyone think you lot care about the Carabao Cup?
We usually throw these cups anyway so who gives a f***.
For sure. It was always about the volume of games for me though. Even during December (and early January) holiday period especially with two legged semis. It’s crazy.

There is a very obvious reason that City wins it (and no one cares) every year.

That’s why them or Chelsea win this comp every year, (and I don’t care about it).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm not saying domestic cups don't matter. They do matter, obviously. They just matter a lot less than the PL. And I wasn't a toddler when Arsenal was invincible. But to be sure, why would anyone think you lot care about the Carabao Cup?

You just stripped my comments completely of context so you could post bullshit. I was tired of Savant's argument that he makes every season so I said Liverpool usually gives up on the cups so I don't know why he cares about the draw.

If I didn't care about the cup do you think I would have posted about the match just a few points below? Piss off. Have some common sense for once.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’ve also clearly stated that I would much rather have one PL title than the two domestic cups and however many 2nd places you could line up, yet its still being implied that the opposite opinion is coming from “you all”.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also for the record, the only times I have ever not cared about the domestic cups were

A. When the FA made us play Villa even though the first team was at the Club World Cup, which to me is much more important. Also to this point Liverpool have won every top level trophy in the last few years so lol?
B. When we were having a bad season and I thought that winning a cup would be pointless. It would be like winning a trophy tells you you're having a good season when you aren't and I think that's bogus. In fact I think an Arsenal supporter may have some experience with this.

I've never cared about the Community Shield though, anyone can look that up.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Then again, if my team was signing a reject like Gabriel Jesus and just signed bums like Lokonga and Tavares I would also be looking for something else to talk about.
Speaking of signing rejects, how is AOC working out for you? Maybe it's just being a fan of a team that has won multiple PLs that makes you value it more.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Maybe "you all" wouldn't have occurred if some of you weren't so defensive about such a stupid argument. I mean this board cuts some slack on some of you based on the team you support. Imagine if it was SEPH or AB posting this crap.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I never said that so don’t lump me in. Go back and look if you need to. But coming from him I don’t accept the devaluing of pretty much anything, not from a fan of the laughingstock team he likes. They failed their way to the end of the season once more. West Ham have been relegated and recovered to have a better squad than Arsenal since the last time Arsenal won anything other than a domestic cup so I’m sure you can see the humor in the source of such comments.
Crazy how all the teams with "better squads" manage to finish lower in the table. Huge fan of Norwich, eh?

You just stripped my comments completely of context so you could post bullshit. I was tired of Savant's argument that he makes every season so I said Liverpool usually gives up on the cups so I don't know why he cares about the draw.

If I didn't care about the cup do you think I would have posted about the match just a few points below? Piss off. Have some common sense for once.
Savant claims not to care about the cups and posts about them, too.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Maybe "you all" wouldn't have occurred if some of you weren't so defensive about such a stupid argument. I mean this board cuts some slack on some of you based on the team you support. Imagine if it was SEPH or AB posting this crap.
The entire point is to consider everyones opinions, and not lump them all together.

When people hammer on Seph or AB, do they say “you all”, or do they say “Seph and AB”?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Crazy how all the teams with "better squads" manage to finish lower in the table. Huge fan of Norwich, eh?
West Ham just finished higher in the table than Arsenal last season and had a better season this season too.

Speaking of signing rejects, how is AOC working out for you? Maybe it's just being a fan of a team that has won multiple PLs that makes you value it more.
I dunno man I doubt you were out of diapers for any of them

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The entire point is to consider everyones opinions, and not lump them all together.

When people hammer on Seph or AB, do they say “you all”, or do they say “Seph and AB”?
Yes that should be the point.

When ever there are posts from them it's always "Arsenal fans such and such."

Reactions: bluesfan94

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Given the juvenility you've come to this conversation with, I'm surprised you're out of diapers now.
You’re bringing up Oxlade-Chamberlain like it matters (he did play very well), lie about my posts and then try to call me juvenile. That’s rich.

Yes that should be the point.

When ever there are posts from them it's always "Arsenal fans such and such."
From now on it will be seph and ab and bluesfan, don’t worry. We won’t lump you in with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00