Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part II

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Yup. 100%. Crazy to think but Ibra was probably the last guy the club has had that’s a legit captain and a leader that can get a team to at least function somewhat properly. The good thing is that it looks like Maguire will most likely be losing the armband and his starting spot next year.

Yeah, of the current crop I'd like to see DeGea take the armband. Probably edges Ronaldo for player of the year, and the one player who looked like all the losing really hurt. No fake instagram posts by his agency, the pain was obvious in the interviews. Maguire needs a season without the pressure of the captaincy to see if he can regain his form.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
1653503795188.png

Interpret this however you like.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s internet rumbling at this point, but I think Mane goes after the CL. Diaz coming in likely helped make it so if he wanted the club would not stop him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lots of internet reports saying we are discussing internally Pau Torres and Jurrien Timber. Can I just say what a huge freaking improvement either would be over Maguire? Add both and you’re set at CB for YEARS

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As I explained in the PL thread, there's no incentive for Sullivan to spend this summer prior to selling up (very likely) in 2023.

As it relates to the figures, that number corresponds to very specific windows. They backed Pellegrini in back-to-back windows (2018/19 and that next summer) where they spent ~€215M. The other three years were very modest spending by top half PL standards.

I'll say this much - I hope I'm wrong because the squad desperately needs depth and specific improvements. There was a rumor that Moyes wanted to offload Benrahma and Soucek. Maybe if they generate enough outgoings, they can fund some bigger transfers. There is some decent money coming off the books with Yarmolenko, Noble, and maybe Diop.

Is that a yes? ;-)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Is that a yes? ;-)
It's an answer.

I sarcastically said Sullivan would be holding a £20 note because he has no reason to authorize spending this summer if he's just going to sell at a set price next year, which is what's being reported, and I assumed you hadn't read the PL thread. The last five years have no bearing on the initial comment, but I decided to address it anyway.

I can't tell if you're trolling because of the PSG discussion or not, but I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's an answer.

I sarcastically said Sullivan would be holding a £20 note because he has no reason to authorize spending this summer if he's just going to sell at a set price next year, which is what's being reported, and I assumed you hadn't read the PL thread. The last five years have no bearing on the initial comment, but I decided to address it anyway.

I can't tell if you're trolling because of the PSG discussion or not, but I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.

It's just always funny to me when any EPL fans cry poor.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It's just always funny to me when any EPL fans cry poor.
Ah, so you were just trolling.

The frame of reference for the comment was always the Premier League, not Bochum. It’s right there in the post. And in the PL, that five year period net spend of €40M/year is very average.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Sorry your team is so bad at spending money :dunno:
The point is I don’t need a disclosure comparing relative spending in the PL to the *relatively* penniless league you like, any more than you need to post a mea culpa to the Cypriot league when a Bundesliga club makes a transfer.

I understand the inequity makes you very upset, but we don’t need to keep having this conversation.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The point is I don’t need a disclosure comparing relative spending in the PL to the *relatively* penniless league you like, any more than you need to post a mea culpa to the Cypriot league when a Bundesliga club makes a transfer.

I understand the inequity makes you very upset, but we don’t need to keep having this conversation.

You're the only one getting upset :dunno:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure if it has been posted, but it sounds like Nkeitah is signing a contract extension.

The Marquinhos sounds like it is close to being done.

Leno might go to Benfica.

Lacazette might be going to Lyon lol.

And a new one saying Pepe might go to Sevilla.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not sure if it has been posted, but it sounds like Nkeitah is signing a contract extension.

The Marquinhos sounds like it is close to being done.

Leno might go to Benfica.

Lacazette might be going to Lyon lol.

And a new one saying Pepe might go to Sevilla.
Ornstein says y’all are giving Nketiah 100K a week. That’s a choice.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Lots of internet reports saying we are discussing internally Pau Torres and Jurrien Timber. Can I just say what a huge freaking improvement either would be over Maguire? Add both and you’re set at CB for YEARS

The thing is, the wording is so vague as to be meaningless. Yeah, they might have "discussed" them, but it tells you nothing about the outcome. You can discuss them and decide they cost too much, or they want to go somewhere else, or you're not that interested in them.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Schick has resigned with Leverkeusen through to 2027. Along with them getting Hložek, it looks like we've got a bit of a Czech colony going on there. Hopefully they can develop some chemistry for the national team, although they do kind of overlap a bit

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
So he has to get MORE money to stay?

Crazy. I get he's a good player, I don't know that this past season was his best. And after he demanded a move?
He had an atrocious first half of the season. Probably not the most motivated and played for a football terrorist. However Conte whipped him back into shape and he looked world class again.

I'm a bit confused why he would renew now though. Seems foolish of him to not wait until next summer to decide.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad