Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part II

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Going from Modric Casemiro Kroos to Camavinga Tchouameni Valverde is about as good as it gets from contingency planning.

Once Mbappe stayed in Paris, Madrid definitely became the favorites to sign Tchouameni.

Liverpool pivoting to Sangare now? And probably spending half as much. Obviously Tchouameni is better, though we’ve seen this situation work out for LFC before

I wouldn't think Sangare would cost half as much, would he? As good as Tchouameni is, and Liverpool would benefit, they can get by with less considering how the team is built and managed.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I wouldn't think Sangare would cost half as much, would he? As good as Tchouameni is, and Liverpool would benefit, they can get by with less considering how the team is built and managed.

Supposedly there's a 37m clause for Sangare. I said a few months ago that I would also like Fabian Ruiz if we didn't get Tchou, but the presence of that clause would make things far easier.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LOL at the Januzaj rumour, that is de Jong level good.
Still finding last summer's Romero vs Ben White discussion very funny.
Not sure what your point is? White is still better than Romero, the main aspect is that White wasn't really needed here when you have Saliba winning best youth player in Ligue 1. But that's what you get when you have an idiot manager.

Spurs are interested too. Don't think he is suited for the current midfield two Conte is using however.

Not sure Tielemans is the player I want anymore, there are so many better CM's in Ligue 1 that have higher potential than what he's shown the past two-ish years. Even though LC's entire team has regressed, he's been one of the worst I think.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

If true Milan should be all over Ziyech. 25m or so I'd think. Him on the right and Leao on the left.

Not sure what your point is? White is still better than Romero, the main aspect is that White wasn't really needed here when you have Saliba winning best youth player in Ligue 1. But that's what you get when you have an idiot manager.

White is definitely not better lol.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Supposedly there's a 37m clause for Sangare. I said a few months ago that I would also like Fabian Ruiz if we didn't get Tchou, but the presence of that clause would make things far easier.

Didn't know about the clause. I figured he'd be available for about 30. I think he's good value at 37.

Ruiz was always overpriced prior to this Summer, the ADL effect of course, but with a year left on his contract he should be more reasonable. I don't to see us selling De Jong, but if we did he'd be a consideration if it were down to me.

I refuse to believe that because he's terrible.

I refuse to believe that because it'll make me cry otherwise.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sangare has a release clause around 30m pounds which I think is 37m euros

I don’t think Ruiz is athletic enough for the PL. I’m a fan if his but dont think PL is the place for him

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well LOL all you want, but De Jong delivered something like 15 points this season by scoring winners. Did Arsenal have anyone deliver that many points with match-winning goals?

He has that odd game where he looks incredible and dissappears the next 5. He would turn out to be another Depay, but an even worse version of that signing

Agreed. Anyway, I don't believe. The name that keeps coming up is Raphinha. I think that is the actual target.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Well LOL all you want, but De Jong delivered something like 15 points this season by scoring winners. Did Arsenal have anyone deliver that many points with match-winning goals?

Agreed. Anyway, I don't believe. The name that keeps coming up is Raphinha. I think that is the actual target.
Seems Raphinha will be too expensive for the liking of the board. And at the suggested price I would rather go for Antony anyways

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Seems Raphinha will be too expensive for the liking of the board. And at the suggested price I would rather go for Antony anyways

Yeah, I'm not too keen on Raphinha either. I read they were trying to lower the price by adding on other players. The Mingueza bit made me laugh, but the Trincao bit seems reasonable to me. That said depending on what we get for Trincao I'd sooner her got a shot.

I would as well. At least we know Dembele is gone, that much is sure.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Love to hear that it's going towards improving the squad. That's a lot of money. They'll also get quite a good amount of money from player sales probably. Spurs front office will have a very busy summer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
With regards to Barça rumors:

--We'll see what happens with Lewandowski. I think we're the only club in the race right now. Not a fan of this move considering the club's finances, but then not sure what he's willing to do on the salary front. Only positive is that Guardiola once said he's the most fit player he's ever managed and I guess his wife is a nutritionist (probalby why they needed to take the chopper for some bread). Still I'd make Aubameyang work for another season and then revisit things next Summer. Well I'd make some serious enquiries into a Darwin buy and compare it financially to Lewandowski, but I think the fee will be too much for him.
--We'll see what happens with De Jong. I think United aren't an option since they won't be in the CL. That leaves PSG or maybe City, but I don't think the player wants to leave at all.
--Raphinha is still being discussed a lot. Barça apparently trying to drop the fee with makeweights, but not sure that'll work.
--Dembele for me is as good as gone which is what I've said previously. The club reportedly saved having to pay him 1.5 million by not playing him much the last two matches which I'm sure is the final nail of many in that coffin. Alemany's comments seem to confirm he'll be gone as well.
--Despite being included for the trip to Australia, Luuk and Traore are gone. Riqui and Mingueza have been told they're surplus to requirements as well.
--Some good news, it sounds like Gavi's renewal could be sealed next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad