Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part II

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don’t see any other EPL fans getting this salty that their teams can’t even whore themselves out right :sarcasm:
The fact that you’re continuing with this is pretty compelling evidence to the inverse :dunno:

It’ll be okay.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He made it clear that he wanted to play for a more competitive team. Wasn't really about the money. That's why it makes more actual sense for him to hold out and see.
It wasn't all about the money, but it was about the money. If he saw a big move transfer to United or City (both destinations he was linked with) he would have seen a significant pay raise, and likely some cut of the transfer deal.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
It wasn't all about the money, but it was about the money. If he saw a big move transfer to United or City (both destinations he was linked with) he would have seen a significant pay raise, and likely some cut of the transfer deal.
I'm not sure what to tell you mate. The money wasn't the main motivation for his City move. Spurs have wanted to bump up his contract for ages.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean... He can get more money. That's why he would renew now.
I mean I think we’ve also seen there is a benefit you running your contract down too if you want a pay raise. Look at what Mbappe got for himself last week. Salah going to do the same thing this time next year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Rightfully or Wrongfully, LFC ain’t paying 80m. It’s Madrid or PSG here.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Any La Liga watchers have any opinions on Giorgi Mamardashvili? I guess United have been looking at him.

Rightfully or Wrongfully, LFC ain’t paying 80m. It’s Madrid or PSG here.

Eventually they gotta invest big somewhere. I mean Fabinho and Tchoumeni solidifies the midfield for quite some time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Any La Liga watchers have any opinions on Giorgi Mamardashvili? I guess United have been looking at him.

Eventually they gotta invest big somewhere. I mean Fabinho and Tchoumeni solidifies the midfield for quite some time.
LFC will spend if they have to, but they aren’t going to get in a bidding war with Madrid and PSG either. Tchouameni would be a perfect signing but that’s going to be too rich for them rightfully or wrongfully.

Honestly next year feels very “Last Dance” for this current LFC core to win the league one more time before the start rebuilding the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Abusement Park

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bissouma is being linked all over the place today. Apparently, his cost is coming in at around 30 million. Little lower than last year based on his contract expiring in a year and his ask to leave.

Villa, Spurs, United, and Arsenal have all been linked. I hope Ben White is in recruitment mode for the Gunners.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Bissouma is being linked all over the place today. Apparently, his cost is coming in at around 30 million. Little lower than last year based on his contract expiring in a year and his ask to leave.

Villa, Spurs, United, and Arsenal have all been linked. I hope Ben White is in recruitment mode for the Gunners.

Has he still got the sexual assault case hanging over him?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Schick has resigned with Leverkeusen through to 2027. Along with them getting Hložek, it looks like we've got a bit of a Czech colony going on there. Hopefully they can develop some chemistry for the national team, although they do kind of overlap a bit
That's an interesting development. With Haaland leaving he's probably the best striker in the BL after Lewa and definitely would have garnered interest from a lot of other clubs (likely Bayern as well, if Lewa is, indeed, leaving). With Wirtz's injury and recovery, and Diaby possibly moving on, they needed some stability on the front end--this was a really important move for them heading into a CL (and possibly weak Bayern) season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The thing is, the wording is so vague as to be meaningless. Yeah, they might have "discussed" them, but it tells you nothing about the outcome. You can discuss them and decide they cost too much, or they want to go somewhere else, or you're not that interested in them.
I mean yes but the fact that they are discussing them is a huge positive. We go from the likes of Maguire, Lindelof, and Varane to Torres and Timber? Love it. I like Varane too but he’s just getting older.

If he’s clear from all legal issues, then great I’d love him at United. If not then meh already had one locker room issue with Greenwood. Don’t need another.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Excellent value as well

Think he only had two years left on his deal. I’d assume he’s on higher wages than they gave Kamara too.

I’d caution that people were high on Villa this past season when they brought in Buendia, Bailey, etc too. When/if Gerrard crashes with this group Villa it’ll be tough to hang on.

Was it confirmed they picked up Coutinho for next season? May have missed it.

Reactions: JPBolts

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
With these signings for Villa, I would expect them to be hovering around the 55-60 point mark next year. Should be in contention for European spots.

Reactions: JPBolts

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Think he only had two years left on his deal. I’d assume he’s on higher wages than they gave Kamara too.

I’d caution that people were high on Villa this past season when they brought in Buendia, Bailey, etc too. When/if Gerrard crashes with this group Villa it’ll be tough to hang on.

Was it confirmed they picked up Coutinho for next season? May have missed it.
Yeah he probably is, don’t really have a problem with that as he will be starting most games.

I agree with this, with the caveat that they weren’t expecting to lose Grealish. Buendia was brought in to play alongside him & his departure caused “panic signing” in Ings. It’s all really on Gerrard now — I suspect the board are expecting at least a top 8 finish, if not top 6. Especially if we’re still after Bissouma.

Yep, signed for 17m a few weeks ago. Was actually announced at our end of year ceremony.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00