Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread part 9: Sky Sports Deadline Day boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No point in posting this really because it’s El Chiringuito as the source, but the dramaaaaa. But they’re saying PSG will replace Mbappe with Ronaldo after Mbappe moves to Madrid.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Will he become a Kane or Lukaku replacement?

Wouldn't it be very odd if Inter suddenly started spending?

I don't know of course, but to me it sounds like he is the guy Spurs want. And if they sell Kane they can of course pay more than Inter.

Got to admit the way Spurs line-up under Nuno so far (pre-season and against City) you would wonder if someone like Lautaro wouldn't be perfect. I don't know Vlahovic other than from YouTube, but you would like someone with fairly quick feet to play as a striker. Kane has always just been quick enough combined with his intelligence to manage.

Reactions: robertmac43 and Fro

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Wouldn't it be very odd if Inter suddenly started spending?

I don't know of course, but to me it sounds like he is the guy Spurs want. And if they sell Kane they can of course pay more than Inter.

Got to admit the way Spurs line-up under Nuno so far (pre-season and against City) you would wonder if someone like Lautaro wouldn't be perfect. I don't know Vlahovic other than from YouTube, but you would like someone with fairly quick feet to play as a striker. Kane has always just been quick enough combined with his intelligence to manage.

I can see where you're coming from but there are a lot of games against lesser opposition where Spurs will struggle to play the same type of game.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I can see where you're coming from but there are a lot of games against lesser opposition where Spurs will struggle to play the same type of game.

Certainly. Don't get me wrong - there are trade-offs.

I wouldn't mind a different kind of back-up striker. A bit like Carlos Vinicius. Or take someone you could probably get fairly cheaply these days - Alexander Sørloth.

Spurs should try to build a team for the big games though. Even if Spurs are far from being competitive against the best for the moment - it would still have to be the ambition to one day be (and I'm quite optimistic 1-2 years from now that Spurs will do well with the core we now got - it is reasonably young for the most part - even if it is a bit up in the air who will take that next step and go from having potential to being very good).

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Club Brugge reached an agreement with Roma on young French winger Ruben Providence. One year loan with an option to buy. Player has yet to decide though.
Roma signed him two years ago out of PSG's youth academy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Baptiste Santamaria leaves Freiburg for Rennes. Excellent move for them. He's a hard worker in midfield who makes a difference.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Baptiste Santamaria leaves Freiburg for Rennes. Excellent move for them. He's a hard worker in midfield who makes a difference.

as a swede. i always had a soft spot for rennes with all the swedes who been there...erik edman, petter hansson, andreas isaksson, kim källström...i thought all of them did a good job for rennes but not sure what you say.

anyways, do you know what the fee is for lovro majer?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The Ronaldo part.
As for the Mbappe part, I have no idea.

The Mbappé part is very intriguing. Contrary to other guys we got at the deadline in the last 10 years (Modric, Bale and Kroos), I do not feel 100% about the outcome. I am like 25% he comes, 75% he stays in Paris. And if he stays in Paris this season, who knows what happens between now and next Summer.

According to many tabloids, he will officially ask to be sold specifically to Real Madrid. According to others, PSG are ready to take the 120M offer we are rumored to make this week. To me, that is noise - the Ronaldo rumor makes it even more bs. PSG, Real Madrid and Mbappé are all traffic drivers - so is Ronaldo and Juventus, obviously. Talk about them and people will click and engage.

Fabrizio is saying that PSG want to keep him (which does not really contradict the tabloids, but still). The Qataris have said they wanted to keep him and that now that they have Messi, Mbappé's "sporting project" excuses were out of the way. They put a lot of public pressure on him to renew his contract (or at least they are pushing him towards a decision).

If I read the tea leaves with my very biased eyes, PSG are playing the PR game and making Mbappé the bad guy. They got him plenty of support, they offered him an extension multiple time and they have made very clear that he was part of their project. They are forcing him to make a move (sign or officially request a transfer). Either the pressure works and he stays or he asks for a transfer, is the bad guy and PSG still has happy fans with all the additions. Worst case, he leaves for free next Summer, but they did everything they could to keep him and they probably get a CL out of him before he goes. I guess that buys you a lot of sympathy from the fanbase.

Madrid would like him now, but their best bet is to wait in the shadows and let Mbappé make his move. Sure, make the 120M offer, but do not be aggressive. Let him request a transfer or let his contract run out and get him for free. Worst case scenario, he re-signs with PSG and you get other players.

Mbappé is harder to read. His dream move might be Madrid, but why now? Heck, why not in 3-4 years? PSG have built something special and he could be part of that. Of course, he will be overshadowed greatly by Messi which could impact his sponsorship money. Him moving to Madrid makes us much better, but I do not think it is enough for us to be CL favorites. CBs are still an issue and we have an aging midfield trio. Madrid is Madrid, but it probably should not be his priority now. Paris is his home and they have the best team on paper, by far.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
as a swede. i always had a soft spot for rennes with all the swedes who been there...erik edman, petter hansson, andreas isaksson, kim källström...i thought all of them did a good job for rennes but not sure what you say.

anyways, do you know what the fee is for lovro majer?
Yes they did well.
Not sure on the Majer fee.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The Mbappé part is very intriguing. Contrary to other guys we got at the deadline in the last 10 years (Modric, Bale and Kroos), I do not feel 100% about the outcome. I am like 25% he comes, 75% he stays in Paris. And if he stays in Paris this season, who knows what happens between now and next Summer.

According to many tabloids, he will officially ask to be sold specifically to Real Madrid. According to others, PSG are ready to take the 120M offer we are rumored to make this week. To me, that is noise - the Ronaldo rumor makes it even more bs. PSG, Real Madrid and Mbappé are all traffic drivers - so is Ronaldo and Juventus, obviously. Talk about them and people will click and engage.

Fabrizio is saying that PSG want to keep him (which does not really contradict the tabloids, but still). The Qataris have said they wanted to keep him and that now that they have Messi, Mbappé's "sporting project" excuses were out of the way. They put a lot of public pressure on him to renew his contract (or at least they are pushing him towards a decision).

If I read the tea leaves with my very biased eyes, PSG are playing the PR game and making Mbappé the bad guy. They got him plenty of support, they offered him an extension multiple time and they have made very clear that he was part of their project. They are forcing him to make a move (sign or officially request a transfer). Either the pressure works and he stays or he asks for a transfer, is the bad guy and PSG still has happy fans with all the additions. Worst case, he leaves for free next Summer, but they did everything they could to keep him and they probably get a CL out of him before he goes. I guess that buys you a lot of sympathy from the fanbase.

Madrid would like him now, but their best bet is to wait in the shadows and let Mbappé make his move. Sure, make the 120M offer, but do not be aggressive. Let him request a transfer or let his contract run out and get him for free. Worst case scenario, he re-signs with PSG and you get other players.

Mbappé is harder to read. His dream move might be Madrid, but why now? Heck, why not in 3-4 years? PSG have built something special and he could be part of that. Of course, he will be overshadowed greatly by Messi which could impact his sponsorship money. Him moving to Madrid makes us much better, but I do not think it is enough for us to be CL favorites. CBs are still an issue and we have an aging midfield trio. Madrid is Madrid, but it probably should not be his priority now. Paris is his home and they have the best team on paper, by far.
Yes I agree.
Only one this though it's Mbappe who cornered himself PR wise by saying he wanted a better team.
Now he has it and would look like a fool to ask out.
He will be the bad guy if he leaves now or next summer for that exact reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad