Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread part 9: Sky Sports Deadline Day boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And it will only get worse now that they haven't got the Messi-money.

Quite fascinating how poorly it is possible to run a club. You got one of the most iconic clubs in the world in one of the most attractive big cities in Europe - with the best player ever (IMO) - and you manage to "T¤JT¤#" that away.

Reactions: robertmac43

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
And it will only get worse now that they haven't got the Messi-money.

Quite fascinating how poorly it is possible to run a club. You got one of the most iconic clubs in the world in one of the most attractive big cities in Europe - with the best player ever (IMO) - and you manage to "T¤JT¤#" that away.
some ppl say on the internet that they could do better than the ppl managing their favorite clubs. with barca its absolutely correct. everyone on hfboards could have run barca better than bartomeu.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's one of the most embarrassing situations in sport.

Reactions: Havre

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bellerin trying to get his move out of Arsenal. Willing to take a pay cut to make things happen but it sounds like Arteta and Edu are being slow on this one.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Bellerin trying to get his move out of Arsenal. Willing to take a pay cut to make things happen but it sounds like Arteta and Edu are being slow on this one.

This one? Both clowns are slow on every transfer they’ve handled and they’re throwing money out the window left and right.

Reactions: robertmac43

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Saw a link with Emerson as well. Emerson, Neto, Coutinho, Griezmann and Umtiti are all available for the taking.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This one? Both clowns are slow on every transfer they’ve handled and they’re throwing money out the window left and right.
This one is especially dumb. If Bellerin is truly offering to cut wages to help him move clubs, then get him out. Cedric, AMN, Chambers, and Tavares all seem to be higher in Arteta's pecking order.

I like Bellerin as a person but its time to move on. Make it happen!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
some ppl say on the internet that they could do better than the ppl managing their favorite clubs. with barca its absolutely correct. everyone on hfboards could have run barca better than bartomeu.

Based on posting histories, it's more likely they could have done worse as well.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

In fairness, I think these huge debt balances get thrown out there with little context. What matters more would be how much of that debt is due within 12 months vs over the next 5-10 years. For instance, Tottenham had something close to $1B in debt due to their new stadium, but that's not bad debt. I don't know the specifics on Barcelona's debt and how much of it is related to infrastructure vs player acquisitions, but I think that $1.6B figure is probably a little dramatic/click bait focused.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In fairness, I think these huge debt balances get thrown out there with little context. What matters more would be how much of that debt is due within 12 months vs over the next 5-10 years. For instance, Tottenham had something close to $1B in debt due to their new stadium, but that's not bad debt. I don't know the specifics on Barcelona's debt and how much of it is related to infrastructure vs player acquisitions, but I think that $1.6B figure is probably a little dramatic/click bait focused.

I agree. Laporta did say they secured 550 million at a rate of about 1% which I assume is for cover. Either way there is definitely some problematic debt with that figure.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I agree. Laporta did say they secured 550 million at a rate of about 1% which I assume is for cover. Either way there is definitely some problematic debt with that figure.

No doubt there is some bad debt there. It's just a better headline to put $1.6B when in reality maybe there is a few hundred million related to player transfers (which still isn't a positive of course). The bigger problem, which has been much discussed, is the fact that they are paying out more in wages than they will bring in income right now. Just digging a deeper hole until they can get out of some of those contracts.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
A bit surprised that Spurs are looking for another midfield player. Sissoko is still around. I think he would leave, but if he stays he would actually be very well suited to play in the role Højbjerg and Alli played in yesterday. But even without Sissoko you still got Ndombele, Lo Celso and Winks.

I guess if both Winks and Sissoko are out then sure. All indications are that Winks would like to stay though.

I agree. Still think defenders or a back-up striker is of higher priority.

Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, Bartomeu has to be a Real Madrid agent that had to destroy Barcelona from the inside... That's is the only logical explanation from him running the club.

Reactions: ecemleafs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad