Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread part 9: Sky Sports Deadline Day boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hopefully PSG will bid for Kane as well.

Like how it sounds like this pursuit of Kane is something heroic that City are really trying hard to achieve :laugh:

They are a Fabian Delph from meeting Spurs' target, but they just can't go that far.

Should be said I think there very well could be an understanding with City and that Spurs are just trying to secure his replacement first.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Umm another forward for Barca? Do they even have the money to do something like that?

No way Arsenal are going to swap him for some of the Barca dead wood.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Laporta already said the squad is closed no one new coming in. I mean I would gladly take him in a swap for both Couts and Sam maybe squeeze in pjanic there too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Oh please no, that would be bad...
Hey what part of no backsies do you not get?

Barca should brace themselves for the possibility of having to wait these contracts out. Greizzy makes 45 million which I was reminded today. That's totally unacceptable. Hope he has another decent year and offload him for what ever.

Reactions: Fro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Draxler has an offer from a german club but has rejected it. He'd rather stay in Paris, enjoy life and his big salary.
Should he lower his wage for PSG to have an easier time signing his competition like Messi? Because he does suck compared to his salary.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Draxler has an offer from a german club but has rejected it. He'd rather stay in Paris, enjoy life and his big salary.
Should he lower his wage for PSG to have an easier time signing his competition like Messi? Because he does suck compared to his salary.

It's like I said last week. Fair play to Draxler, but you have to wonder about his ambition if he's not going to be playing significant minutes.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's like I said last week. Fair play to Draxler, but you have to wonder about his ambition if he's not going to be playing significant minutes.

We would have to start wondering about his ambition if he had accepted a wage cut to play regularly. As is, we know he doesn't have any.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nope, he's not going to play much.

Anyway, Rennes have interest in Santamaria.
Renato Sanches won't move because he's out 6 weeks with surgery to his knee.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

Hey what part of no backsies do you not get?

Barca should brace themselves for the possibility of having to wait these contracts out. Greizzy makes 45 million which I was reminded today. That's totally unacceptable. Hope he has another decent year and offload him for what ever.

Fingers were crossed, so you can keep Coutinho. Maybe a Frenkie for Xhaka swap would interest you given that Barca seems to like trading promising young midfielders for half-decent eastern european ones?

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah totally same circumstances... you're relentless.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
No doubt there is some bad debt there. It's just a better headline to put $1.6B when in reality maybe there is a few hundred million related to player transfers (which still isn't a positive of course). The bigger problem, which has been much discussed, is the fact that they are paying out more in wages than they will bring in income right now. Just digging a deeper hole until they can get out of some of those contracts.

"The club’s debt included almost 390 million euros ($460 million) related to player salaries, Laporta said. More than 670 million euros ($790 million) was debts with banks, while some 40 million euros ($47 million) was linked to membership losses. The impact of the coronavirus pandemic was 91 million euros ($107 million), he said.
Laporta said the club intends to reduce salaries by about 200 million euros...Laporta said that despite the “complicated” situation that Barcelona is in, he thinks that in a couple of years it will all be resolved."

Barcelona debt rises to $1.6 billion, says club president Joan Laporta

Not sure what the the salaries debts are (players have not been paid?) if that debt is not from banks. Surprisingly optimistic if they believe it can be solved in couple of years, presumably counting on returning to pre-Covid situation. So they're expecting to be making 100-200M+ profits per year soon...

Reactions: KJS14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So since nobody has said it, maybe it's ridiculous but...
I have a question.

Laporta KNEW that Tebas would reject any registration for new players, right?
He also knew he could register players already on his payroll.
Messi and him had an agreement for weeks (months?).
Yet Messi came to sign it once he was out of contract, officially a free agent and as such, impossible to register.

My question is : did Laporta REALLY ignore the issue? Or did he do it on purpose to blame others but he had fully planned to see Messi go? Or one might say it was Messi's crew who made him wait (but frankly I think Messi wanted to return).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Andrich to Leverkusen for 6.5M is finally official. Record sale for us that covers our record purchase of Awoniyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad