Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I do believe that Manchester United have done their home work and convinced Camavinga with high wages but I am not convinced that Rennes will settle for only 30M. They would possibly require more add-in. That's why I sense a bit of urgency from Manchester United as they don't want other bidders in. As for PSG, they should already have him locked in... I am not sure what they are doing.... I mean every single premier league club should be all over that fee of 30M. He is top 3 midfielder u20 and he would probably be worth 3 times that fee in 2 or 3 years.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
PSG are likely letting United set the market, and then deciding between him and some other options. If United do all the hard work, settle on a deal for 50, they could still offer more wages or a similar package and potentially trump any desire to move abroad.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
As for Liverpool and FSG, I think they’re working on some things, but right now, need to clear out some bit parts before they go get something.

There’s money, but much of it needs to be offset by out going players if they’re going to get a top player. At least Wilson / Grujic and likely another need to be moved before they buy.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I do believe that Manchester United have done their home work and convinced Camavinga with high wages but I am not convinced that Rennes will settle for only 30M. They would possibly require more add-in. That's why I sense a bit of urgency from Manchester United as they don't want other bidders in. As for PSG, they should already have him locked in... I am not sure what they are doing.... I mean every single premier league club should be all over that fee of 30M. He is top 3 midfielder u20 and he would probably be worth 3 times that fee in 2 or 3 years.

Based on how he’s played and his age, if he had 3 years on his contract instead of 1, Rennes could likely get 80-100m for him this summer.

Reactions: Jussi

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There’s money, but much of it needs to be offset by out going players if they’re going to get a top player. At least Wilson / Grujic and likely another need to be moved before they buy.
That is exactly the problem. They want to sell before buying and are looking for the bargains... they expect the price to drop near the deadline. They are not looking at talent or spending money, they want 'value'.

If they wanted talent they would have gone on Sancho and would look at Camavinga too.

I do expect LFC to get a bargain near the deadline probably from a poor club that need money but they have low ambitions in their target.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
As for Liverpool and FSG, I think they’re working on some things, but right now, need to clear out some bit parts before they go get something.

What's the price on Wilson? Not sure why a Burnley isn't looking at him if it's 10-12M range. Huge upgrade on Gudmundsson on the right, add a lot of goal threat as well. Him and McNeil on the wings feeding Wood should get them enough goals for safety. Burnley could use an upgrade at CM as well so Grujic would probably be another good choice but doesn't seem like a Burnley type. But Burnley does need to get a few guys in and preferably 25 and under.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
What's the price on Wilson? Not sure why a Burnley isn't looking at him if it's 10-12M range. Huge upgrade on Gudmundsson on the right, add a lot of goal threat as well. Him and McNeil on the wings feeding Wood should get them enough goals for safety. Burnley could use an upgrade at CM as well so Grujic would probably be another good choice but doesn't seem like a Burnley type. But Burnley does need to get a few guys in and preferably 25 and under.
I think both are in the 10-15 range. I think they’d like to move Grujic to Porto and save on a midfielder there. But who knows. I think with Wilson still on holiday (both are I think) that could be some of the holdup. A number of clubs are in similar situations of needing to move players first. There’s money, but it also has to be freed up in the budget

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
That is exactly the problem. They want to sell before buying and are looking for the bargains... they expect the price to drop near the deadline. They are not looking at talent or spending money, they want 'value'.

If they wanted talent they would have gone on Sancho and would look at Camavinga too.

I do expect LFC to get a bargain near the deadline probably from a poor club that need money but they have low ambitions in their target.
They’ve been clear across the board that this was always going to be the way they operate. I did think there might be some motivation to do a “hey we f***ed the bed with the Super League, here’s a stud to get people over it”. But I think that storm is weathered

I think they needed to think about a big refresh up front, but I think the manager thinks this past year was anomaly, and with Jota fully integrated, they can get back to their normal heights. They were never going in for a top player like Sancho without one of Mane or Salah moving (and I honestly think they feel Jota is better dollar for dollar value than the expense on Sancho)

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Note, I think anyone in the EPL buying Liverpool castoffs is crazy. Sure, Ings has worked out (though I think Liverpool would have liked to keep him). But the list of guys Liverpool has moved on who have done a big fat zilch is lengthy. I know a lot of the teams buying players think they’re smarter than the average fellow, and that’s why they keep rolling the dice, but they’re going to end up burned. Between Edwards and Klopp, they’re not in the business of letting players who are good leave, and they seem to get way more than value.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Note, I think anyone in the EPL buying Liverpool castoffs is crazy. Sure, Ings has worked out (though I think Liverpool would have liked to keep him). But the list of guys Liverpool has moved on who have done a big fat zilch is lengthy. I know a lot of the teams buying players think they’re smarter than the average fellow, and that’s why they keep rolling the dice, but they’re going to end up burned. Between Edwards and Klopp, they’re not in the business of letting players who are good leave, and they seem to get way more than value.
I do think Shaqiri is a nice option for a team that need high quality set-pieces and I would also be all over Nat Phillips if I was lower level premier league team but yes Origi, Minamino, Wilson I would stay clear.

I also believe Grujic is way underrated. He is not a world class talent but with his physicality and technical skills he could succeed in the premier league.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They’ve been clear across the board that this was always going to be the way they operate. I did think there might be some motivation to do a “hey we f***ed the bed with the Super League, here’s a stud to get people over it”. But I think that storm is weathered)
That is basically what United are doing. Let's get our target first and let worries about our cast off later.

I mean if LFC are satisfied with the performance of last year then I expect a catastrophic fall back to reality next year. Firmino and Mane forms are HUGE concerns and the midfield is getting older and slower. The only huge significant plus is the centerback position.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
My last point.

I expect LFC to wake up at some point.. possibly next summer when they realize that oh shit, Chelsea, Arsenal, United have developed a young core of talent while we only focused on motivating our older players for another push... and then invest in younger talent but that would probably be too late.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Antonis Aidonis is going out on loan to Dynamo Dresden (eww); while Adrian Fein seems set to join Greuther Fürth on a permanent transfer.

With Varane's departure seeming imminent, Real Madrid have started getting linked to Klostermann.

Inter Milan are getting linked to both Kostic & Brekalo.

Sounds like Leverkusen kicked the can on Salibi before turning their attention to Schlotterbeck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad