Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Cars are a notoriously bad investment, while Messi is Barca's highest-earning asset. What a weird analogy.
It depends on the car and the market, all the three original hypercars have all dramatically increased in value like the Porsche 918, La Ferrari, and the McLaren P1. Then some special editions cars have also taken a good turn for investment like the Aston Martin Zagato or the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. There are also a lot of collector cars from the 1960s and 70s, especially from the UK which are increasing in price. There are some that absolutely fit your bill, one (which is probably my favourite car) is the Aston Martin Vanquish which about five years ago lost 50K if you drove it off the dealership to your house. Some other bad ones are some random Mercedes, BMW X3 (not surprised), and some Maseratis'.

His group must be giving them some hope he wants to leave. You don’t submit multiple bids to a club bigger than you for one of their young up and coming players if you aren’t really sure he wants to leave.

That said he might be leading them on as part of contract negotiations.
You think if Arsenal said no the two previous times, a 2.5 million pound increase will be a difference maker?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Laporta is right in Bartomeu's footsteps for now.
Superleague, transfer policy, etc...

I'm not happy with Laporta's work right now, including this move, but this lacks context. For starters, with regards to the Super League they had obligations that he didn't sign up for and that they could have been penalized for if they did not meet them. As for transfer policy, nowhere near Bartomeu considering how little they're spending and the approach to the wage bill.

Buying option is for 29 M€

I think he will be really good for Wolves, he needs consistent time. I have a feeling he will be a Wolves player after this loan finishes. whatever.

He needs more minutes for sure, but others players I would jettisoned first, though tough to get rid of an injured player for example. Hate this move. I'm guessing Collado is the replacement, but still not a fan of letting Trincao go. That said I hope he's very successful next season.

They bought him 30+ IIRC.
So they'll lose money on him.

31 million per Transfermarkt, so they'd lose 2 million. Context though, the squad is too big at the moment in addition to the work they're trying to do to trim the wage bill.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Cars are actually going up in value generally in the US right now, but for the most part they are a depreciable asset and they're not a very good analogy here.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well. In theory 1 pound will be the difference maker - as you either say yes or no to a bid.

Then one can discuss if at some point Arsenal will just annoyed - but 10% increase is hardly insignificant.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Laporta is saying lots of things about the Superleague though. And all are very much similar to Peres'.

Anyway, Longoria (OM) has signed 8 players including 7 starters for less than 35M.
The 4 loaners have all great potential and 2 of them have low buying options.

Once again you can act smartly within a tight budget.
Under, Saliba, Guendouzi, Gerson, Balerdi, De la Fuente, Peres and López.
He hasn't sold anyone yet.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Apparently Wolves will have to pay 6 million if they don't trigger Trincao's buyout clause, though I'd be shocked if they didn't trigger his clause.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not sure if all this was published considering the discussion about this transfer:

BVB publish fee: Sancho set to join Man United - Will undergo medical after EURO 2020

According to the ad-hoc statement, which Dortmund has to issue as a traded company, the English record champions will pay an initial fee of €85 million. Man City reportedly receive 15% of the fee—that option was included in 2017 when Sancho originally joined the Black and Yellows. According to Kicker, bonus payments are possible.

Jadon Sancho vor Wechsel zu Manchester United / Ad-Hoc News / IR News / BVB Aktie

So Sancho sold for 85 million, but City get 15% of that which is 12.75 million. Possible variables though.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Camavinga would be sensational for Manchester United, he could play the holding role with Pogba/Bruno ahead.

It might inhibit his more attacking qualities though, as he has more in his skillset then a pure D-mid.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
They have a great president in Longoria and he's extremely smart.
They signed Pau Lopes, Under, Saliba, Guendouzi and Gerson already. Without losing anyone important.
Has Gerson revived his career in Brazil? Do you rate him?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
f*** my life. This kill me more than the Sancho and Varane tranfers.

f***ing United killing it this summer
Would be absolutely ridiculous for Liverpool to let United have a free run at Camavinga after losing Wijnaldum.

that being said United are probably going to offer very high wages to close the deal. As they should.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Would be absolutely ridiculous for Liverpool to let United have a free run at Camavinga after losing Wijnaldum.

that being said United are probably going to offer very high wages to close the deal. As they should.
Apparently... LFC have the 2nd highest wages in the whole premier league.. who the f*** are they paying that much? Where are they throwing their money away?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I must admit, I have been drinking the FSG kool aid for a couple summer now. Why spend more when you are at the top... ok we had a world class squad but last year was a calamity. All players regressed with the exception of Salah/Fabinho. We should look at improvement at many position this summer. The team barely made it the the top 4. They got new investors and the new deals have brought more revenues. All hope are back but no... same FSG bullshit. We are satisfied with our current players. We lost our most reliable and fit midfielder in Gini and now we are only looking at selling before buying. If they don't do any significiant improvement, they will deserve the upcoming shitty season ahead and beyond. Manchester United/Chelsea are building a f***ing young core but FSG are satisfied with Minamino/Origi and a 35 years old Milner as key contributor. Even our most hyped midfielder (Curtis Jones) is getting overrated, he has some potential but he is slow and a ball hog. This team is basically the old Arsenal of Wenger but without the young talent. Such a bunch of clown these owners.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
FSG is bullshit but I can see how they would have an enormous wage bill. Entire first XI is probably on huge money. That all being said there will be more signings and there's no indication at all that anyone is satisfied.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like that a lot for Napoli. He was good at the Euros
He's a good player. I wanted Gladbach to sign him way back when he left Bremen, and he's developed well at Hoffenheim since then. Also makes sense for TSG as, not only is Grillitsch out of contract next summer, but they've got a gaggle of good midfielders & needed to open playing time for their younger talents with Rudy's return.

As on top of Samassekou, they have Dennis Geiger ('98), who is a NT-caliber young-midfielder, and they've picked up Angelo Stiller ('01) from Bayern...who's a very highly rated kid in need of consistent senior level PT and picked them because TSG's current coach used to be Bayern's youth coach.

Could be a really interesting year for them as Kramaric is also expiring next summer & getting linked to Serie A (AC Milan). They have a lot of interesting young talents...on top of Geiger & Stiller; Bogarde ('02), Baumgartner ('99), John ('01), Rutter ('02), & Beier ('02) are really interesting U21 players...but Kramaric has been an absolute talisman for them since arriving from Leicester.

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
He's a good player. I wanted Gladbach to sign him way back when he left Bremen, and he's developed well at Hoffenheim since then. Also makes sense for TSG as, not only is Grillitsch out of contract next summer, but they've got a gaggle of good midfielders & needed to open playing time for their younger talents with Rudy's return.

As on top of Samassekou, they have Dennis Geiger ('98), who is a NT-caliber young-midfielder, and they've picked up Angelo Stiller ('01) from Bayern...who's a very highly rated kid in need of consistent senior level PT and picked them because TSG's current coach used to be Bayern's youth coach.

Could be a really interesting year for them as Kramaric is also expiring next summer & getting linked to Serie A (AC Milan). They have a lot of interesting young talents...on top of Geiger & Stiller; Bogarde ('02), Baumgartner ('99), John ('01), Rutter ('02), & Beier ('02) are really interesting U21 players...but Kramaric has been an absolute talisman for them since arriving from Leicester.

I think the Bundesliga doesn’t get enough credit for the young talent it produces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia